PDA

View Full Version : Heard on Radio - McDaniels Back in NE

flippy
01-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Anyone hear McDaniels is on the coaching staff in NE right now?

Apparently he'll be running the show on offense.

The Pats didn't waste any time.

Too bad we didn't grab him to replace Bruce first.

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2012, 06:50 PM

Went to Denver...alienated his players and ultimately traded away Cutler and Marshall...traded up for Tebow...got himself fired.

Went to St. Louis...Sam Bradford looked like an awesome young QB as a rookie, but then when his O.C. leaves for Cleveland and is replaced with McDaniels, Bradford crashes back to earth faster than a Russian satellite re-entering Earth's atmosphere.

I don't understand coaching decisions in this league anymore. Brian Schottenheimer sucks the big one in New York, hasn't improved Mark Sanchez one iota since he got there (and manages to regress his running game from dominant to weak) and now is getting head coach interviews. We replace Ray Horton with Carnell Lake and improve our secondary from massive team weakness to overall team strength, and now Ray Horton is also getting head coach interviews. :?

Eddie Spaghetti
01-07-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm with ruthless.

why anyone would want this bum on our staff is mind boggling.

flippy
01-07-2012, 07:23 PM

Went to Denver...alienated his players and ultimately traded away Cutler and Marshall...traded up for Tebow...got himself fired.

Went to St. Louis...Sam Bradford looked like an awesome young QB as a rookie, but then when his O.C. leaves for Cleveland and is replaced with McDaniels, Bradford crashes back to earth faster than a Russian satellite re-entering Earth's atmosphere.

I don't understand coaching decisions in this league anymore. Brian Schottenheimer sucks the big one in New York, hasn't improved Mark Sanchez one iota since he got there (and manages to regress his running game from dominant to weak) and now is getting head coach interviews. We replace Ray Horton with Carnell Lake and improve our secondary from massive team weakness to overall team strength, and now Ray Horton is also getting head coach interviews. :?

The NFL is no different than any other business. It's not what you know or do as much as who you know.

Scottenheimer has his dad.

McDaniels is tied to Tom Brady.

There's a million variables in every situation and most coaches are probably mediocre. And there's a lot of luck of being in the right place at the right time or the wrong place at the wrong time.

None of us are to blame for our failures as much as we don't deserve credit for our successes. And a lot of times, the best way to get better is to fail. And I bet a lot of these guys are good at spinning stories about what they'd do differently.

The thing that sucks across the board is all these guys seem to have egos that are driving them to be the head coach somewhere. I wish more that are great at being an OC or DC would just be satisfied with that and stick to it. Kinda like Lebeau finally figured out.

Football's probably more fun for a coordinator than it is for a coach. HC is all about management - managing coaches, players, media, etc.

Being a coordinator seems like the dream job to me. A complete focus on football. And isn't that why guys get into coaching afterall?

feltdizz
01-07-2012, 08:41 PM

:Agree

BradshawsHairdresser
01-08-2012, 12:11 AM

Why can't Arians get any promotions to somewhere else?

feltdizz
01-08-2012, 01:20 AM

Why can't Arians get any promotions to somewhere else?

Probably because Ben can't live without him.

hawaiiansteel
01-08-2012, 02:15 AM
this is difficult for me to say, but I would rather have Bruce Arians than Josh McDaniels as our OC.

Iron Shiek
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
The Cheaters needed a cameraman for the their 1 game playoff run. He won't be doing any coaching for their remaining game, but is taking over as OC next year for them.