PDA

View Full Version : How many of you see it happening this way?

SteelCrazy
01-07-2012, 03:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videoga ... imulations (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/easims12/_/gameId/7386156/madden-12-ea-simulations)

Pittsburgh 20, Denver 13

BOX SCORE
1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
Pittsburgh 3 3 14 0 20
Denver 10 3 0 0 13

When Denver jumped out to an early 10-3 lead, it looked like Tebow-mania was going to run wild for at least one more week. But then the Steelers defense really stepped up, limiting Tebow to just seven completions for the entire game while forcing a key interception as Pittsburgh dominated the second half to pickup the hard-fought, 20-13 victory.

GAME LEADERS
Passing
TEAM C/ATT YDS TD INT
B. Roethlisberger PIT 22/39 231 2 2
T. Tebow DEN 7/20 106 0 1

Rushing
TEAM CAR YDS TD LG
I. Redman PIT 14 52 0 10
W. McGahee DEN 25 94 1 10

Receiving
TEAM CAT YDS TD LG
A. Brown PIT 7 111 0 26
D. Thomas DEN 3 36 0 15

BradshawsHairdresser
01-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I like the outcome.

Steeler Shades
01-07-2012, 05:28 PM
I could see Ben throwing as many picks as TDs.
It may come down to who plays worse...Ben or the rookie Tebow. 8)

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2012, 06:16 PM

Tebow's not a rookie.

I see us up 7-3 after one (Redman 4 yard TD run, Prater 24 yard FG), 14-6 at the half (Miller 8 yard TD catch, Prater 48 yard FG), 21-6 after three (Brown 38 yard TD catch), and Tebow gets a meaningless 17 yard TD run as the clock is running out in the fourth...21-13 final.

williar
01-07-2012, 06:16 PM

Ditto......

If we had an offense that could points on the board, this game would be no worries.... Being it is that our QB can stink with the worsed of them, I see a close game.

Dresden
01-08-2012, 02:56 PM

:Agree In fact i challenge anyone here to name a single postseason game in which Roethlisberger has played well for at least 3 quarters in outside of the title game against the Bronco's. (You remember,..the same season that he turned in THE worst performance by QB on a winning team in Superbowl HISTORY.)

We live and die by our defense against quality opponents. The better the competition across the field from us,... the more average to awful Roethlisberger becomes.

Does it bode well that even though the broncos have a less than high powered offense they are capable of playing the kind of D that can render Roethlisberger ineffectual and hence our passing attack nearly useless in terms of scoring ? We'll see,.......

SteelCrazy
01-08-2012, 04:25 PM

:Agree In fact i challenge anyone here to name a single postseason game in which Roethlisberger has played well for at least 3 quarters in outside of the title game against the Bronco's. (You remember,..the same season that he turned in THE worst performance by QB on a winning team in Superbowl HISTORY.)

We live and die by our defense against quality opponents. The better the competition across the field from us,... the more average to awful Roethlisberger becomes.

Does it bode well that even though the broncos have a less than high powered offense they are capable of playing the kind of D that can render Roethlisberger ineffectual and hence our passing attack nearly useless in terms of scoring ? We'll see,.......

While I dont agree with about Ben being a below average, I see where youre coming from. IMO, Arians is making it too easy for Ben to play backyard football. Most of the plays drawn up seem to benefit Ben well after the play breaks down. Almost like Arians is placing them in a strategic order for break downs.

Iron Shiek
01-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Predicted "board" reaction to that simulated outcome:

"WTF! We aren't going anywhere with that crap offense. Ben holds the ball too long, our defense plays down to its competition and I'm sick of Big Ben, he just can't get it done anymore."

Am I right?

Steelgal
01-08-2012, 04:39 PM
So far, not looking real good for the away teams.

As long as we have 1 more point than the Broncos at the end of the game I'll be happy. Would I rather have a 3 or more TD lead heading into the 4th quarter, yes but if we can win this without sustaining any major injuries, I'll be happy.

Dresden
01-08-2012, 04:40 PM

While I dont agree with about Ben being a below average, I see where youre coming from. IMO, Arians is making it too easy for Ben to play backyard football. Most of the plays drawn up seem to benefit Ben well after the play breaks down. Almost like Arians is placing them in a strategic order for break downs.

And i agree with you on Arians basically going all out to cater to Roethlisberger. However i still have to lay most of our offensive woes at Ben's feet. For instance,...

"Well, lets take a look at how Benjamin has performed in the playoffs as compared to the regular season...

Ben Roethlisberger's Clutchiness

As we can see, Ben's numbers in the playoffs are extremely...average...with barely more touchdowns than interceptions and a pedestrian QB rating of 85.4. And if we look at his performances in the Big Game, he is averaging less than 200 yards per game, has only one touchdown with three interceptions and a rating of 64.1. In fact, his 22.6 rating in Super Bowl 40 is easily the worst performance ever by a winning quarterback.

So, has Roethlisberger led the Steelers to a 10-2 record, or are the Steelers 10-2 in the playoffs with two titles in spite of Big Ben? Maybe the rest of the team deserves some of that "clutch" reputation.

And this was before last years disaster against Green Bay. To me it proves what i have said for years,...against quality opponents Ben is more of a liability than a hero. As you face the better teams of the league during a said season where ?,....the playoffs.

Ghost
01-08-2012, 05:30 PM
I could see this game being a blowout where Tebow is completely ineffective and there is at least 1 defensive TD. But it could also be close with Denver down by 3 or 4 with a chance to win it late in the 4th. Either way would not surprise me one bit.