PDA

View Full Version : Just not confident at all about this game

BigRob
01-06-2012, 06:18 PM
I keep thinking of KC, Indy, and the Browns games. We play way down and we are not healthy in the least. I see a really close game and a real chance of losing.

Cripes.

Shawn
01-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Pull your big girl panties up, and stop yur belly achin. You know we got this. :mrgreen:

fordfixer
01-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Pull your big girl panties up, and stop yur belly achin. You know we got this. :mrgreen:
That's what the Saints said last year going into Seattle. Just saying

NW Steeler
01-06-2012, 08:32 PM
As banged up as we are, nothing would surprise me. Then again, maybe the walking wounded and the rest of the team come out with their heads on fire and we whup the Donk's collective arses and we go into next week feeling that it may be possible after all! Hell Yeah!

:tt2

BigRob
01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
One thing I will say that makes me feel a little better is that this team always kicks it up another notch in the playoffs......

I just hope they have enough talented bodies to do so.

Ozey74
01-06-2012, 11:30 PM
I think we can win this game. Not confindent about going into next week against Baltimore or New England. A strong showing this week will boost my hopes for next week.

Wilkinsburg
01-07-2012, 12:21 AM
As banged up as we are, nothing would surprise me. Then again, maybe the walking wounded and the rest of the team come out with their heads on fire and we whup the Donk's collective arses and we go into next week feeling that it may be possible after all! Hell Yeah!

Dude, how is anyone suppose to focus on your post with that :Boobs distraction?

Wilkinsburg
01-07-2012, 12:22 AM

:Agree :tt1 :Agree

SteelBucks
01-07-2012, 01:38 AM
Screw this negativity. We are the Steelers and this is our time of the year. Denver doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning this game and next week the Steelers will take care of the Rats. Our reward will be the AFC Championship, where it should be, at home against the Bengals.

Sound farfetched? I don't care. It's the Super Bowl or bust fellas!!! :tt2

skyhawk
01-07-2012, 02:51 AM
I keep thinking of KC, Indy, and the Browns games. We play way down and we are not healthy in the least. I see a really close game and a real chance of losing.

Cripes.

Are you sure the Steelers are playing DOWN to those teams? Hmm. Sometimes I wonder.

Let's beat the Broncs decidedly and I will no longer wonder. This team is hobbling, weak at offensive line, has 2 RB's out, the starting FS out, Ben limping, a team that cannot force turnovers, a team that cannot score in the red zone and what do you have?

I am hoping now is the time to take the training wheels off and play to win instead of playing preseason type games.

ROLROC
01-07-2012, 04:04 AM
Screw this negativity. We are the Steelers and this is our time of the year. Denver doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning this game and next week the Steelers will take care of the Rats. Our reward will be the AFC Championship, where it should be, at home against the Bengals.

Sound farfetched? I don't care. It's the Super Bowl or bust fellas!!! :tt2
ABSOFREAKINLUTELY!
I can't stand threads like this. :roll:

hawaiiansteel
01-07-2012, 04:15 AM
who would you feel better about us playing?

every team that made the playoffs is at least a little bit good...

frankthetank1
01-07-2012, 09:15 AM
this game scares me a lot. im not worried at all about denver's offense but when the steelers have the ball i will worry. starks struggles against faster players coming off the end. the offense has been struggling lately and turning the ball over too much. i think the steelers will win but im sure it will be close

Discipline of Steel
01-07-2012, 09:15 AM
I understand what your saying Big Rob. Every game makes me a little anxious because they could potentially lose any one. But this year, despite all injuries and such, we have done a pretty good job of suffocating the weaker teams with our defense to achieve wins. No dismaying losses this year! We have lost to the Ravens, Texans, Ravens, and 49ers...not bad teams. So i have confidence about our chances this week.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-07-2012, 10:24 AM
My crystal ball shows me:

Redman--27 carries, 136 yards, 1 TD
Ben--15 of 22 for 244 and 2 TDs
Tebow--11 of 36 for 69, 0 TDs and 2 picks

Final score: Steelers 24, Donks 3

Oviedo
01-07-2012, 10:38 AM
My crystal ball shows me:

Redman--27 carries, 136 yards, 1 TD
Ben--15 of 22 for 244 and 2 TDs
Tebow--11 of 36 for 69, 0 TDs and 2 picks

Final score: Steelers 24, Donks 3

I hope you are right but I just keep seeing 13-9 as more likely.

sentinel33
01-07-2012, 01:07 PM
When Tebow has shown a knack to pull things out, it has been when the game is close and it's all on the line. Not a whole lot of time left. etc.

I'll be scared if they are within a score of us and they have the ball at the end.

To avoid this, we need to get a nice lead on them.

Definately don't want to keep a team like Denver in the game.

Get a nice lead. Force Tebow to throw. Let the defense get some turnovers that way.

On a side note-I think Redman is gonna have a big game.
I like having a couple RB's(Redman,Clay) that teams have very little film on and havent faced. Thats an advantage for us.

With those two having there way on the ground, it should open things up for Ben and allow him to get comfortable. Getting Ben comfortable again and in rhythm is what we need and the RB's can deliver that.

Just what I see.

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2012, 03:11 PM

Dude, how is anyone suppose to focus on your post with that :Boobs distraction?

Interestingly enough, that's Lucy Pinder, who was rumored to be Tim Tebow's girlfriend when the pic below start circling around the interwebz (however, she wasn't after all...we all know pure saintly Timmy would never even think of touching a woman outside of wedlock).

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kknwN9kglYM/Sw5s_39814I/AAAAAAAAAEo/pp9R0PZDI0k/s1600/2762ab7ec971fc8e656a7609888d2176_tim+tebow+lucy+pi nder.jpg

skyhawk
01-09-2012, 07:42 PM
When Tebow has shown a knack to pull things out, it has been when the game is close and it's all on the line. Not a whole lot of time left. etc.

I'll be scared if they are within a score of us and they have the ball at the end.

To avoid this, we need to get a nice lead on them.

Definately don't want to keep a team like Denver in the game.

Get a nice lead. Force Tebow to throw. Let the defense get some turnovers that way.

On a side note-I think Redman is gonna have a big game.
I like having a couple RB's(Redman,Clay) that teams have very little film on and havent faced. Thats an advantage for us.

With those two having there way on the ground, it should open things up for Ben and allow him to get comfortable. Getting Ben comfortable again and in rhythm is what we need and the RB's can deliver that.

Just what I see.

You were certainly right on this. Who didn't see it coming?