PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin C Peter Konz Declares for the 2012 Draft.

Dee Dub
01-06-2012, 03:23 PM
I believe he may end up grading out higher than Maurkrice Pouncey did.

Just sayin'

SteelStallion
01-06-2012, 03:40 PM
THey should look at the best OL available, even if it's a college center.

Oviedo
01-06-2012, 04:14 PM
The Steelers should look at taking him since Pouncey can't stay healthy and is on the verge of being classified by the PlanetSteelers experts as another Tomlin bust like Timmons :stirpot

Eddie Spaghetti
01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
are these the same "experts" who wanted to compromise our entire draft two years ago for cj spiller?

steelz09
01-06-2012, 05:44 PM
The Steelers should look at taking him since Pouncey can't stay healthy and is on the verge of being classified by the PlanetSteelers experts as another Tomlin bust like Timmons :stirpot

If he's a 50 million dollar non-splash player that raped the Steelers into paying him top dollar during his rookie contract to "learn" for 4+ years then I say... sure, draft him :)

steelblood
01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Konz also has excellent size to play guard at 6'5, 315.

Steel Life
01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
My thoughts exactly...

Shoe
01-06-2012, 07:54 PM

If this guy is the real deal and he is available when we pick, I'm ALL FOR taking him. He could play Guard, and be the Center when/if Pouncey can't. And Pouncey actually has the same position flexibility... in either case, it fills a need we have (Guard).

steelerkeylargo
01-06-2012, 08:22 PM

Just sayin'

If he grades out higher than Pouncey how would we draft him?

focosteeler
01-06-2012, 10:45 PM

Just sayin'

I was wondering the same thing

Mister Pittsburgh
01-06-2012, 11:37 PM
I would be all for it. Pouncey could use a little camp competition. Loser goes to left guard.

SteelCrazy
01-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Konz hurt his ankle and missed some games towards the end, so that makes him Poucey's twin.

Michael Brewster (C) from Ohio St. can be had in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and is a good pass blocker as well as a good run blocker. Seems more our speed.

Kelechi Osemele from Iowa St. is a massive LT, but is quick and has long arms. He's a bull in the run game and can pass block with the best of them. I really like him.

Dee Dub
01-07-2012, 01:56 AM

Just sayin'

Where did I say the Steelers would, should, or could draft him? I just stated a fact. He declared and could grade higher than Pouncey. You off all people SKL should know that not always are players drafted where they grade. Many times teams reach out of desperation and cause higher rated players to fall. Should Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder been drafted last year at #10 and #12? Exactly.

Dee Dub
01-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Konz hurt his ankle and missed some games towards the end, so that makes him Poucey's twin.

Michael Brewster (C) from Ohio St. can be had in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and is a good pass blocker as well as a good run blocker. Seems more our speed.

Kelechi Osemele from Iowa St. is a massive LT, but is quick and has long arms. He's a bull in the run game and can pass block with the best of them. I really like him.

I disagree with you about Osemele and your assesment of his pass blocking. I saw him play several times this year and he was horrible. Now he may be better suited inside at guard but as a LT he was bad in pass blocking. And that is why most view him as a guard in the NFL not as a tackle.

SteelCrazy
01-07-2012, 02:44 AM

I disagree with you about Osemele and your assesment of his pass blocking. I saw him play several times this year and he was horrible. Now he may be better suited inside at guard but as a LT he was bad in pass blocking. And that is why most view him as a guard in the NFL not as a tackle.

honestly, I only watched him one game and he did really well against a top DE from Oklahoma. I dont think he gave up a sack and pushed the piles forward.

NJ-STEELER
01-08-2012, 03:31 PM

If this guy is the real deal and he is available when we pick, I'm ALL FOR taking him. He could play Guard, and be the Center when/if Pouncey can't. And Pouncey actually has the same position flexibility... in either case, it fills a need we have (Guard).

$$

Prowler
01-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Just give me Montee Ball from Wisconsin and we would be seeing several touchdown dances on Sundays come September. Than again having Wisconsin's whole OL would be a sweet thing.

grotonsteel
01-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Just give me Montee Ball from Wisconsin and we would be seeing several touchdown dances on Sundays come September. Than again having Wisconsin's whole OL would be a sweet thing.

Unfortunately Monte Ball is going back to school. Monte would look good in Black and Gold.

I would not mind Steelers taking a look at Chris Polk of Washington.

Prowler
01-08-2012, 04:15 PM

Unfortunately Monte Ball is going back to school. Monte would look good in Black and Gold.

I didn't know that. Kind of sucks. Fortunately, I think that Doug Martin from Boise State is the most complete back in all of college football and he definitely will be in the draft. Now if the Steelers would only draft him. :wink:

grotonsteel
01-08-2012, 04:30 PM

I didn't know that. Kind of sucks. Fortunately, I think that Doug Martin from Boise State is the most complete back in all of college football and he definitely will be in the draft. Now if the Steelers would only draft him. :wink:

Have not watched Doug Martin much but looking at his highlights he looks like a home run hitter type RB and he can catch the ball. Maybe he solves Steelers Red Zone woes. 8)

What Round is he expected to go? 2-3rd?

Prowler
01-08-2012, 04:39 PM

Have not watched Doug Martin much but looking at his highlights he looks like a home run hitter type RB and he can catch the ball. Maybe he solves Steelers Red Zone woes. 8)

What Round is he expected to go? 2-3rd?

Anywhere from 2nd to 4th, I believe.