PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey Out

pfelix73
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Just announced.....

Pouncey out for Denver game....Legs to start at C, Kemo at LG....

Don't kill the messenger.....

:tt1

feltdizz
01-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Just announced.....

Pouncey out for Denver game....Legs to start at C, Kemo at LG....

Don't kill the messenger.....

If he can't go he can't go...

This isn't good though because it looks like his leg will never heal. I wonder if Ben will have the same nagging injury next year.

snarky
01-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Is this a hammy issue or a tummy ache? :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2012, 01:09 PM

High ankle sprain.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Is Pouncey's ankle injury the same one he injured last year?

Oviedo
01-06-2012, 01:53 PM
I guess this makes Pouncey a bust since many like to perceive that everyone Tomlin has drafted in the 1st Round since he got here is an underperforming bust or the wrong player.

On the subject of the game, this is looking like the perfect storm forming against us just like before the San Francisco game. Not liking it one bit.

SidSmythe
01-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm no medical expert ...although I did major in Athletic Training and Phys. Ed. and have dealt w/ injuries of my own and other peoples . . . . I JUST HAVE TO ASK ....who are the goofballs that allow these players to come back too early????
High Ankle Sprains and Hamstrings are always reaggravated!!!

Ben's case is different b/c he isn't wrestling with people all game. His case is different.

When I saw Pouncey was playing last week I was pissed. How do you come back from a high ankle sprain that soon and then fight off 320 lbs. DTs??? So dumb!!

How many people come back from Hamstrings only to end up out again. Let these guys heal!!!

Dee Dub
01-06-2012, 02:59 PM

No actually he was quoted yesterday as saying his ankle was sore.

Sore.

:roll:

Shawn
01-06-2012, 03:15 PM
A high ankle sprain is what really did Bell's career in for the Steelers. People take it lightly but it certainly can be a lingering issue.

SteelStallion
01-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Pouncy and Ben should not have been playing on high ankles. It's insane on Tomlin's part.

And in Pouncy's case this may be career threatening.

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM

Sore.

Maurkice isn't the one reading the MRI films to determine the extent of the damage to the ligaments. The doctors are the ones who know this, and it is the doctors who have decided to sit him down. When reporters ask Pouncey about the ankle, he doesn't know all the technicalities about the anatomy and such...all he can tell the press is that the high ankle sprain freaking hurts. He was cleared to play on it last week, but now it hurts worse than it did before. The player can only speak about the symptoms he feels (soreness) and leave it to the doctor to determine the severity of the structural damage and whether he will be able to play or not (he will not). Would it make you feel better if Pouncey said that his high ankle sprain tickles?

MaxAMillion
01-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Pouncy and Ben should not have been playing on high ankles. It's insane on Tomlin's part.

And in Pouncy's case this may be career threatening.

You don't think Tomlin gets advice from Doctor's? Why do you think Tomlin has decided to not play Clark? Tomlin starts players based on advice from doctors. Clearly he was told that Pouncey could play. Heck, Pouncey says he can play every week.

Of course as soon as these players are benched it will be the coaches fault why the team loses.

phillyesq
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM

Sore.

Maurkice isn't the one reading the MRI films to determine the extent of the damage to the ligaments. The doctors are the ones who know this, and it is the doctors who have decided to sit him down. When reporters ask Pouncey about the ankle, he doesn't know all the technicalities about the anatomy and such...all he can tell the press is that the high ankle sprain freaking hurts. He was cleared to play on it last week, but now it hurts worse than it did before. The player can only speak about the symptoms he feels (soreness) and leave it to the doctor to determine the severity of the structural damage and whether he will be able to play or not (he will not). Would it make you feel better if Pouncey said that his high ankle sprain tickles?

:Clap :Clap :Clap

flippy
01-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Would it make you feel better if Pouncey said that his high ankle sprain tickles?

LOL

Actually it probably would have any of us laid up in bed for months, but Pouncey's so tough, he just says it's sore.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-06-2012, 05:53 PM
I hear Webby once played a game with THREE high ankle sprains! He never complained about them being sore; he said they "tickled."

phillyesq
01-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Would it make you feel better if Pouncey said that his high ankle sprain tickles?

LOL

Actually it probably would have any of us laid up in bed for months, but Pouncey's so tough, he just says it's sore.

And it probably would have any of us laid up without the prospect of an NFL nose tackle leaning on it for 3 hours.

Steel Life
01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I hear Webby once played a game with THREE high ankle sprains! He never complained about them being sore; he said they "tickled."
That would be the difference between the players then & now my friend. And while I understand injury, it does seems that Pouncey always has something nagging.

Oh well...so much for having our best line playing. Kemo's on the field...let the penalty flags fly!

frankthetank1
01-07-2012, 09:08 AM

im sure it helped that players in that era were all juiced up on roids. it was prefectly legal back then but im sure it still helped play through injuries

hawaiiansteel
01-07-2012, 02:55 PM
FRIDAY, JANUARY 06, 2012

posted by Dale Lolley

Maurkice Pouncey, who along with Troy Polamalu, was named a first-team All-Pro on Friday, will not play for the Steelers in Denver.

He has experienced some swelling in his injured ankle and did not practice at all this week.

Doug Legursky will get the start at center with Chris Kemoeatu at left guard.

LaMarr Woodley, Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Keisel and Polamalu will all play.

It's strange, but I didn't think either Pouncey or Polamalu had outstanding seasons.

Don't get me wrong, Polamalu was still very disruptive, even though he only had two interceptions.

But to me, him being a first-team All-Pro meaning he was the best at his position seems a bit of a stretch, especially when Ed Reed was on the second team.

Pouncey being named to the first team, however, is a bit more strange. Pouncey's play wasn't nearly as good in 2011 as it was in 2010. He also missed some games.

I know offensive linemen often get chosen based on their reputation, but I didn't see Pouncey as the best center in the league this season.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Shoe
01-07-2012, 04:07 PM
He is still listed as questionable? Is that just semantics? Or has something changed (from out, to questionable)?

pfelix73
01-07-2012, 04:42 PM
He was/is listed as questionable, but he's Out..

steelblood
01-07-2012, 05:12 PM
If he improves dramatically, he'll play. That is why you leave him questionable. But, if all things remain constant, he's out.