PDA

View Full Version : Maurkice Pouncey Questionable For Playoff Opener

SteelCrazy
01-05-2012, 05:32 PM
While Ben Roethlisbergerís left high-ankle sprain and possible setback in Cleveland has some concerned, the health of the Pittsburgh Steelersí quarterback is the least of their issues this week.

Roethlisberger looked a little better in practice Thursday, according to Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, but after working out on a limited basis Wednesday center Maurkice Pouncey could not practice Thursday and is questionable to play against the Denver Broncos Sunday afternoon.

ďIím sore, and my ankle doesnít feel right,Ē Pouncey said after practice. ďI donít know how itís going to feel tomorrow, and I donít know if Iíll play. Iím going to try to play, but weíll see.Ē

Pouncey became more agitated with each question about his left high-ankle sprain, which he apparently aggravated Wednesday after playing the entire game at Cleveland last Sunday. Doug Legursky would be the starting center if Pouncey canít play, and Chris Kemoeatu would play left offensive guard.

Arians answered affirmatively when asked if he was worried about Pounceyís playing status against the Broncos. He also confirmed that it happened sometime Wednesday early in practice.

ďWeíll see what happens with the response of his ankle (Friday),Ē Arians said. ďWith these things, you never know. It could be weather-related. It could be anything. He didnít sting it in practice, but it just got sore. So, weíll see what happens tomorrow.Ē

Roethlisberger was listed as a full participant in practice Thursday, and Arians was fairly positive when discussing him.

ďHe was a little better,Ē Arians said. ďA little better. He got some of it, and he moved around OK. Not as good as he was, but he was OK.Ē

Arians added that while Roethlisberger aggravated the injury sometime during the third quarter at Cleveland, that didnít hamper his performance afterward.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2012/mau ... ff-opener/ (http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2012/maurkice-pouncey-questionable-for-playoff-opener/)

JAR
01-05-2012, 05:40 PM
What a drama queen. :stirpot

Harrison (toe) Troy (calf) Keisel (groin) Pouncey (ankle) didn't practice. Ben, WOODLEY! and Legursky, full participants today.

SteelBucks
01-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Now Pouncey has a setback. This team is cursed with injury. :HeadBanger

On a side note, has anyone ever seen a Center injured so much? Hartings played on two artificial knees that had no cartilage. Dawson and Webster almost never missed a game. I'm not picking on Pouncey but just seems odd...

phillyesq
01-05-2012, 06:14 PM

On a side note, has anyone ever seen a Center injured so much? Hartings played on two artificial knees that had no cartilage. Dawson and Webster almost never missed a game. I'm not picking on Pouncey but just seems odd...

I think Mangold missed a bunch of games this year.

SteelBucks
01-05-2012, 06:18 PM

I think Mangold missed a bunch of games this year.

He did.

I guess I'm just spoiled by the centers the Steelers have had in the past.

Starlifter
01-05-2012, 06:21 PM
i just can't get kendrell bell out of my head. lights out rookie year, high ankle sprain and never the same again.

i'm very concerned.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Body of a man-beast, ankles of a 6 year old girl. Is this the same ankle from last year?

Eddie Spaghetti
01-05-2012, 07:07 PM
a little disconcerting to be sure.

not ready to call him soft yet, though.

NorthCoast
01-05-2012, 07:15 PM
not soft....just bad genes. some got them some don't. we may be looking for a center in the next draft or two....tough but can't keep relying on Legs to fill in. In our division, a stud center is a must to stand up against Ngata and other nose tackles.

MicroBioSteel
01-05-2012, 07:20 PM
i just can't get kendrell bell out of my head. lights out rookie year, high ankle sprain and never the same again.

i'm very concerned.

As I recall Kendrell Bell did have a high ankle sprain but what really killed his career was a very bad sports herinia and knee injuries that never got right.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-05-2012, 07:23 PM
If a stud center was there in the first it wouldn't be a bad pick. Can always play guard.

Discipline of Steel
01-05-2012, 07:35 PM
What a drama queen. :stirpot

Harrison (toe) Troy (calf) Keisel (groin) Pouncey (ankle) didn't practice. Ben, WOODLEY! and Legursky, full participants today.

Regarding your sig, ive been thinking Deebo meets Tebow all week, so i love the shirt. Even better that is has a sillohuette of Sir James flying after the Massoquai hit.

Dee Dub
01-05-2012, 08:48 PM
ďIím sore, and my ankle doesnít feel right,Ē Pouncey said after practice. ďI donít know how itís going to feel tomorrow, and I donít know if Iíll play. Iím going to try to play, but weíll see.Ē

Sore??? I dont know if i'll play? I'm going to try to play?

Wow...

..the game of football has really changed. :roll:

fordfixer
01-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Next thing you know he will be complaining about an upset tummy :lol: :lol:

Ghost
01-05-2012, 10:09 PM

Wow...

Pouncey is EASILY 1000 times tougher than you.

Ghost
01-05-2012, 10:11 PM
How about Essex starting at center. He did pretty well last game coming in cold and Legursky is definitely not 100% with that shoulder.

pittpete
01-05-2012, 10:13 PM

I'm sorry but if Pounce really said this, and there's any truth to it(doubt it) then he is a
B I T C H :evil:

SteelBucks
01-05-2012, 11:00 PM
How about Essex starting at center. He did pretty well last game coming in cold and Legursky is definitely not 100% with that shoulder.

I was thinking the same. He played center well the past few games and I'd rather have Legursky at LG.

Dee Dub
01-06-2012, 01:00 AM

Wow...

Maybe so but you can look up my career when I played and and see that I never left a game because of the flu and if ever I was faced with a big game and had a sore ankle I never said I would try to make it.

It's public knowledge.

Ghost
01-06-2012, 10:26 AM
[quote="Dee Dub":326isc1e]ďIím sore, and my ankle doesnít feel right,Ē Pouncey said after practice. ďI donít know how itís going to feel tomorrow, and I donít know if Iíll play. Iím going to try to play, but weíll see.Ē

Wow...

Maybe so but you can look up my career when I played and and see that I never left a game because of the flu and if ever I was faced with a big game and had a sore ankle I never said I would try to make it.

It's public knowledge.[/quote:326isc1e]

Your repeated bashing of Pouncey is absurd. He played an entire game last week on that ankle and you can continue to act as if he came out for a stomach ache even though the published medical facts say differently. But hey, that doesn't help your argument so go ahead and ignore them and make crap up.

Based on your logic, Jack Lambert was a p*ssy because he let a toe injury force him to retire.

steelernation77
01-06-2012, 12:22 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":39x7falh]ďIím sore, and my ankle doesnít feel right,Ē Pouncey said after practice. ďI donít know how itís going to feel tomorrow, and I donít know if Iíll play. Iím going to try to play, but weíll see.Ē

Wow...

It's public knowledge.[/quote:39x7falh]

Haha isn't this the guy who pretended to be a football player but was discovered as a total fraud? Come on SFL/DVSone, some of us have been around these parts long enough to remember.

Dee Dub
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":158f4l5u]ďIím sore, and my ankle doesnít feel right,Ē Pouncey said after practice. ďI donít know how itís going to feel tomorrow, and I donít know if Iíll play. Iím going to try to play, but weíll see.Ē

Wow...

It's public knowledge.

Haha isn't this the guy who pretended to be a football player but was discovered as a total fraud? Come on SFL/DVSone, some of us have been around these parts long enough to remember.[/quote:158f4l5u]

Oh yes that is me..however it was proven by both Prowler and Shawn that I am who I say I am. :D

I guess you missed those posts?