PDA

View Full Version : Who's Hot?

flippy
01-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Going into the playoffs, it's important to be on a roll. Teams that are streaking and peaking at the right time are the ones that typically end up playing for the SuperBowl.

3 Teams in the AFC are on Winning Streaks:

Pats - 8
Ravens - 2
Steelers - 2

5 Teams in the NFC are on Streaks:

Saints - 8
San Fran - 3
Pack - 2
Giants - 2
Falcons - 1

So do we count out Detroit, Houston, Denver, and Cincy? Probably.

So in the AFC, you've got:

NE - They've quietly been perfect in the 2nd half of the season. But they have no defense and they have no receivers to stretch the field. I just don't see how the can dink and dunk through the playoffs without a D. If there's any team that has to rely on their QB completely it might be Tommy Boy this season. Can he do it without knowing the plays being called against them, without a D, and without Vinaterri? They're hot, but they don't seem built for the run this year.

Baltimore - They're 6-0 vs playoff teams. They're 6-2 in the second half. They're built to dominate the trenches. And they've got skill players on both sides of the ball. As much as it pains me to say it, I wish we were more like Baltimore. Except for one thing - their QB. I just don't have confidence in Flacco. I might even rather have Tim Tebow leading my team.

Pittsburgh - We're 3-4 against playoff teams. We're injured out the wazoo. We can't control the LOS. We can't get QB pressure. We can't get turnovers. But we've been to the SB more than anyone recently. So the level of expectation is a little higher for us. And if there's one team that I expect to turn it up for the playoffs, it's these guys. Lots of old timers in this locker room that might not get another chance. Ben's set up the drama. James is probably dying to have Goodell hand him the SB MVP trophy. And best of all Troy is healthy. And healthy Troy seems to be the key in the playoffs for some reason.

And in the NFC.

The Saints look like the team to beat in the NFC. They've crushed some good teams - Atlantax2, Giants, Detroit, Tennessee. They're the hottest team for sure. And they have a SB winning experience.

San Fran looks pretty good going 4-1 against playoff teams. I think they might have the best shot at beating the Saints. The thing I like about them is they've been in a lot of close games. And it's important to be battle tested and ready come playoff time. But the question is rookie coach and an untested playoff QB wouldn't make me so confident.

GB - Hard to rank them #3 given their record and the fact that they're the defending champs and they're 4-0 against playoff teams. But I think they're a little overrated. I think they could have easily lost to NO, Carolina, Detroit, NYG, SD, and TB this season. There's a fine line between almost being 16-0 and almost being 8-8 and missing the playoffs. They got experience and they're tested, but they're only coming in with a 2 game win streak. And I'm not big on their D.

NYG - I almost want to count them out. They're 3-5 in the second half of the season. But they've had to play the Jets and Cowboys to get in the playoffs, so it's almost like their post season started 2 weeks ago. Then again Eli's thrown an INT in 7 of his last 8 games. Not a friendly trend heading into the playoffs.

Out of these teams, it's a tough call. They each have their plusses and minuses.

But here's how I see this shaking out:

In the AFC:

Steelers beat Browns / Ravens - we're overmatched, but Flacco falls apart. we've seen it happen before and it's gonna happen again.

Pats beat Cincy - 49-7 or something ridiculous. Cincy's the perfect Huckleberry for NE to get their groove back.

Pats beat Steelers - For some reason, I feel like we'll be battered and wiped out in 2 more weeks. Dixon will be our starting QB. DJ will be our #1 TE. McFaddy and Lewis will be our starting corners. James and Woodley will be on the shelf. Tomlin will say the standard's the standard and all. And we'll probably only lose cause Sushi missed 3 FGs.

In the NFC:

NYG upsets the Pack. Just have a feeling.

San Fran stops the Saints.

San Fran plays NE in the SuperBowl.

And NE wins against the lack of experience. Brady puts on a clinic that makes Drew Brees look like Jon Kitna.

And all I gotta say is F that.......

Just remember Ben + Defense = Championships

Our guys are too proud to bow out no matter how average and injured they might be this year. Ben plays his best when he's hurt. He's set the script to go down as the greatest SB run in Steelers' history.

And we've got the 2 best defenders in football and no one else is close. Harrison's gonna bring out the strip sack and Troy's gonna go get some takeaways of his own.

And these guys have something to prove. The future of the NFL is on their shoulders. It's time to prove to the world that defense still matters.

For the football purist, the biggest FU to Roger Goodell would be a Steelers / 49ers SuperBowl. And what better setup for Harrison to be SuperBowl MVP? I have a feeling he'd be so enraged about the last suspension he might have a career game.

That's how I decided it's going down.

Back to real football.

Steelers vs 49ers

Steelers win 7...........

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawaiiansteel
01-05-2012, 12:46 AM
I still think the Green Bay Packers and not the Saints or the 49ers are the team to beat in the NFC.

NW Steeler
01-06-2012, 02:07 PM
If we were healthy, we would be the team to beat in the AFC, I have no doubt. I just can't see NE making it to the SB, and if they do against GB, it will be the highest scoring SB ever. No team in the AFC looks even close to dominant.

Oviedo
01-06-2012, 02:10 PM
If we were healthy, we would be the team to beat in the AFC, I have no doubt. I just can't see NE making it to the SB, and if they do against GB, it will be the highest scoring SB ever. No team in the AFC looks even close to dominant.

:Agree but the reality is we have been devastated by injuries and I see no way we make it past Week #2 of the play offs if we even avoid a huge upset this Sunday.

I do think NE can beat the Ravens and then they will go and get destroyed by the Packers or the Saints in the Super Bowl.

Steelers>NFL
01-06-2012, 02:12 PM
with a hobbled Ben, to go along with BA's inabilty to call a good game based on the circumstances the Steelers are in at the moment - there is NO way Steelers are going to the "big dance" this year. sad, but true. Having said that, I am hoping the Steelers have an opportunity to knock out the Ravens at the very least. Payback is a bitch. This would make my season...

flippy
01-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Wonder if NE's OC taking the PSU job will be a distraction?

As injured as we our, God could be working in our favor - 1. Gives us Tim Tebow, 2. Distracts NE, and 3. Flacco - see #1.

NW Steeler
01-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Injuries have probably stuck a fork in us, I agree. Too bad, because the AFC was prime for the taking this year. I just hate the idea of the Rats on the SB, but the thought of NE being there is just as disturbing. If Schaub was healthy, maybe Houston could have gone all the way.

Steelers>NFL
01-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Injuries have probably stuck a fork in us, I agree. Too bad, because the AFC was prime for the taking this year. I just hate the idea of the Rats on the SB, but the thought of NE being there is just as disturbing. If Schaub was healthy, maybe Houston could have gone all the way.
The thoughts of the Rats = very disturbing. I can handle the Pats* in the SB. At least they did not cheat this time around.

pittpete
01-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Wonder if NE's OC taking the PSU job will be a distraction?

To who? :lol:
We all know the formula to beating the Pats.
Press man and/or pressure Brady
It wont matter whos calling the plays if Brady can stand in the pocket for 4-5 seconds every snap no one will stop them :cry:
Buffalo puts up 21 and we all think OMFG thier defense sucks and then the Pats offense puts up what 49?
Our defense is as good or better than both Baltimore or Houston.
If we lose in the playoffs it will be from this enemic offense that now becomes even more enemic due to all the injuries.
Ray Rice and Arian Foster can win games by themselves.
Who on our offense can do it besides a hobbled Ben?

winwithd
01-07-2012, 01:12 AM
Redzone Redman, thats who. One of our biggest problems this year has been scoring TDs in the Redzone. Retard BA has been dead set against running Redman in there, its always been Mendy. Now who else is going to do it. John Clay? The Spann kid? I will find it interesting to see how this turns out.