PDA

View Full Version : Just realized this...The Pats* haven't...

SteelerNation1
01-04-2012, 10:59 AM
...beaten a team with a winning record this year. They only played two teams that were over .500 (Steelers, NYG) and lost both. They beat a few 8-8 teams but no one over .500. Interesting.

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
...beaten a team with a winning record this year. They only played two teams that were over .500 (Steelers, NYG) and lost both. They beat a few 8-8 teams but no one over .500. Interesting.

Hoping the 9-7 Bengals can beat the Texans (with an ailing T.J. Yates) and then be the 3rd team with a record above .500 to take out New England (can their porous secondary cover the likes of Green and Gresham and Simpson and Caldwell and Hawkins?)...New England has also lost their last 3 playoff games in a row. If we can beat the Broncos and Ravens, that would set up a AFCCG at home against Cincy. See you there, SN1!!!

SteelAbility
01-04-2012, 11:15 AM

Hoping the 9-7 Bengals can beat the Texans (with an ailing T.J. Yates) and then be the 3rd team with a record above .500 to take out New England (can their porous secondary cover the likes of Green and Gresham and Simpson and Caldwell and Hawkins?)...New England has also lost their last 3 playoff games in a row. If we can beat the Broncos and Ravens, that would set up a AFCCG at home against Cincy. See you there, SN1!!!

:tt2

pick6
01-04-2012, 11:56 AM

Interesting observation. Homefield against Cincy would be great but I'd love to beat them again. Hate Brady and that arrogant, lying, Belicheck.

Eich
01-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Wow - I didn't realize that.

I think we have about as good a chance as any team in the AFC to reach the Super Bowl. Though sadly, the Rats seem to be the team to beat in the AFC. I think for them, it comes down to Flacco. They have a very good defense and a very good running game. Can Flacco perform under playoff pressure?

If we do make it to the show, I just hope we don't have any more guys headed to IR. We're pretty beat up. And I think that's the main reason we lost the Super Bowl last year.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
IMO there are three front runners in the AFC and all have their flaws. I can see any one of NE, Baltimore, or the Steelers advancing to the SB. I can't see Denver, Houston, or the Bengals.

Starlifter
01-04-2012, 10:19 PM

was saying the same thing at dinner tonight. sure, odds are against it - but it's not a huge stretch to think it could be a pit/cincy AFCCG.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Pats* haven't beaten a playoff team, and the Ravens haven't lost to a playoff team.

Does this mean that the Ravens are the team to beat?

SteelerNation1
01-05-2012, 10:46 AM

Oh baby! I'd take that. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

feltdizz
01-05-2012, 11:26 AM
This realization should put our formula for success to rest...

everyone uses the Pats game as the formula to win but the reality is the Pats aren't a good defensive team.

fordfixer
01-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Playoff teams wins against teams with a winning record

AFC
*s - 0
Ravens - 6
Steelers - 4
Bengals - 1
Texans - 4
Broncos - 1

NFC
Giants - 1
Packers - 4
Lions - 0
Saints - 6
Falcons - 2
49ers - 4

Slapstick
01-06-2012, 09:49 AM
By way of comparison:

Playoff teams losses against non-playoff teams
AFC
*s - 1
Ravens - 3
Steelers - 0
Bengals - 0
Texans - 4
Broncos - 5

NFC
Giants - 4
Packers - 1
Lions - 1
Saints - 2
Falcons - 2
49ers - 2

I don't know if this tells us anything, but I do think it is very interesting that neither the Steelers nor the Bengals lost to a team that did not make the playoffs...

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2012, 09:11 PM

Well, so much for this. Cincy's loss to Houston today means that there is no possibility of a playoff game at Heinz Field this year. Oh well. I can still hope for us to be road warriors like in 2005, and getting chosen in the Season Ticket Holder lottery to see us playing in Indy next month.

:tt2 :tt1