PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2011 Week 17 @ Browns

redundantman
01-04-2012, 10:08 AM
1. One of the things that this article does for me is it forces me to reassess my assessment of this team on a weekly basis. I know it is hard to believe but despite my penchant for idiotic pictures and videos I actually do put some thought into this.

2. At times my assessment is clouded by emotion and fandom and at other times it is based on the facts. After this game I am feeling more cold, hard factual than rah-rah-homerism.

http://www.donthelaserman.com/Rah_Rah_rock2.jpg
Or you can just throw this rock at the source of your frustration.

3. I was watching the game via stream and having much better luck than on Christmas Eve Ė which was sort of bad news considering what I saw.

4. This teamís offense is almost unrecognizable with a hobbled Ben.

5. I canít escape what I feel is an obvious answer to the following question: Would you rather have a scintillating defense and a hobbled Ben Roethlisberger or would you rather have a compromised defense and a scintillating Ben Roethlisberger?

6. Clearly the defense is playing well, what with being ranked #1 and all Ö did you know that this teamís defense has been ranked in the top 5 at yearís end the past 5 years running?

7. Idiotic Commentator: Tomlin told his offense that they were going to have to grind it out against a rally good Cleveland defense thatís given up a bunch of yards on the ground.

http://www.buffalorising.com/assets_c/2009/04/inigo-thumb-375xauto-2548.jpg
You keep using that word ...

8. I never get sick of watching Troy Polamalu time the snap.

9. I am surprised that this team is 12-4. This team feels more like 9-7 than 12-4. Itís like looking at this season through beer goggles with lenses that work backwards.

10. I am even more surprised that 12-4 wasnít good enough to win the division.

http://0.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/16/68/3051b066616f3297e19c3b9cd885bf2c.jpg
But not as surprised as Tony Romo ...

11. The annoying thing about this game was the lack of suspense. You knew who was going to win and you also knew that it didnít matter. The two vital ingredients in donít-give-a-damn soup.

12. And we face the same problem going into the playoffs. Inevitability.

13. How else can this possibly play out? Tebow against the best defense in the league Ö. Jeepers Mr. Wilson, I wonder how this one will end. Then the Steelers have to go to Baltimore. Jeepers Mr. Wilson, I wonder how that one will end. Still Ö its all about the trophy.

http://1.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/64/63/8a97cd1f496ad09cdac4893ab99f24a4.jpg
In no way am I condoning women's soccer in particular or soccer in general.

14. Perspective: This is why we watch the games right? And in the Steelers case we watch with expectations coming from both angles:

1. The Steelers are better than they have played the Ravens this year.
2. The Ravens are lousier than the way they have played the Steelers this year.

Yeah, yeah Ö I shouldnít bring it up until AFTER they beat the Broncos but I canít help it. The only thing interesting about the Broncos game is which number will be bigger: passing yards or offensive plays run. Its been fun watching the Tebow story this year but the blueprint is out there for beating him. And Tebow isnít one to ďunleash hellĒ like certain coaches we know.

ramblinjim
01-04-2012, 10:25 AM
My only added thought here is that Cleveland gave us a run for our money, this team could lose to Denver. That could just be my internal negativity really coming into play here.

SteelBucks
01-04-2012, 10:42 AM
My only added thought here is that Cleveland gave us a run for our money, this team could lose to Denver. That could just be my internal negativity really coming into play here.

Any given Sunday but I'm expecting a close first half and the Steelers pulling away in the second. Overall, I don't have a good feeling about this team.....to many injuries at key positions at the worst possible time.

redundantman
01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
I know what you mean but did you ever truly believe that the Steelers would lose that game? I'm not saying I had complete faith in the Steelers so much as I had a complete LACK of faith in the Browns.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-05-2012, 10:02 AM
13. How else can this possibly play out? Tebow against the best defense in the league Ö. Jeepers Mr. Wilson, I wonder how this one will end.

We should feel confident. Still, if the Donks are within one score and Tebow has the ball in his hands for a final drive, I'm going to be one nervous cat!

ikestops85
01-05-2012, 01:10 PM
We should feel confident. Still, if the Donks are within one score and Tebow has the ball in his hands for a final drive, I'm going to be one nervous cat!

It's the steelers ... you just KNOW that's how the game is going to play out. They love to see how high my blood pressure can go when I watch them play. :D

phillyesq
01-05-2012, 01:40 PM

It's the steelers ... you just KNOW that's how the game is going to play out. They love to see how high my blood pressure can go when I watch them play. :D

This will result in adverse consequences to my liver.