PDA

View Full Version : Say What T-Sizzle?

Jooser
01-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Wow, and I thought diss'n the Terrible Towel was a sin. No way the Rats are going to the big dance now....

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu ... fl-wp15161 (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Terrell-Suggs-goes-out-of-his-way-to-bash-Tim-Te?urn=nfl-wp15161)

Terrell Suggs goes out of his way to bash Tim Tebow

The Baltimore Ravens have a playoff bye this week. Don't think that means Terrell Suggs' mouth will be taking it easy. ( :lol: )

The linebacker took a mostly unprovoked shot at Tim Tebow during a Tuesday
appearance on ESPN's "First Take."

"With all due respect we don't need God on our sidelines," Suggs said. "Once again God had to save Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos. He couldn't even give them two drives? Seven to three? [Referring to the score Denver lost by on Sunday.]" :shock:

Technically, it was the San Diego Chargers that saved Tebow and the Broncos. Without the Bolts' win over Oakland, Tebow would be sitting in a pew Sunday instead of the locker room. Is Suggs trying to say that Norv Turner is some sort of deity?
Never mind that. For now, let's point out that ripping on Tebow is the equivalent of shooting a dead fish in a small barrel. Pick a better target, T-Sizzle.
It also bears noting that while Baltimore and Denver could meet up in the divisional playoffs, it would take a Cincinnati upset of Houston (possible) and a Broncos victory over Pittsburgh (nope) for it to happen. In all likelihood, Suggs won't be blitzing Tebow anytime soon.

And that right there is why you spend four years hitting the books at Ball So Hard University. Where else would you learn that true artists don't need to be playing against an opponent to engage in some trash talking?

Holy cow! Dude's a douchebag.

SteelBucks
01-03-2012, 07:19 PM

His mouth gets in the way but I'd love to have him on our defense.

flippy
01-03-2012, 07:29 PM
I saw the segment and Skip was trying to bait him in to ripping the Steelers, Pats, Flacco which he wouldn't do. And so he was talking about Tebow to get Skip going. It was pretty harmless and more about Skip trying to get on his nerves and vice versa.

At the end, Skip said he should be DMVP of the league.

All in all, it was one of the dumbest segments ever on ESPN.

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Maybe he's trying to fire up the Broncos in some desperate hope that they eliminate us, because he fears playing us again in the playoffs.

DukieBoy
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM

Well, he certainly wouldn't win the Iowa caucuses.

flippy
01-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Maybe he's trying to fire up the Broncos in some desperate hope that they eliminate us, because he fears playing us again in the playoffs.

Good point.

JTP53609
01-03-2012, 09:29 PM
forgive me, but I like Suggs, even though most Steeler fans hate him, he usually has respect for the Steelers in both victory and defeat...

flippy
01-04-2012, 12:59 AM
forgive me, but I like Suggs, even though most Steeler fans hate him, he usually has respect for the Steelers in both victory and defeat...

he just needs to ease up on hitting ben so much. i hate that he's unblockable.

pick6
01-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Suggs shows respect. And when he talks trash its within the fun of the game. Not a douchbag by any means. He was simply commenting trying to get at Bayliss because he knows Bayliss is a Tebow lover.

If anyone is looking for an obvious douchebag that would be Harbaugh. Both he and his brother are scumbags. His jealousy and hate for the black and gold are palpable. Ray Rice gets a dishonorable mention.

Steelers>NFL
01-04-2012, 02:14 PM
If you hate Suggs and his mouth, then you had to hate Joe Porter and his mouth.
Both are the same, talk alot, big mouth and ugly...

Dee Dub
01-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Wow..that comment by Suggs has to go right up there with " The Titanic is an unsinkable Ship"

Yet..the one God help Noah make out of wood survived the world's greatest flood. :wink:

Me personally, I like the odd's better with having God on your sideline.

flippy
01-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Jesus pays to Matt Prater....

[youtube:2b4zhyxs]WQ6vat1DIRI[/youtube:2b4zhyxs]

fezziwig
01-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I think Suggs and the Ravens have the eye of the tiger this season and their eyes have been on the Steelers.
The Ravens seem like they want it more and are determined to kick the crap out of the Steelers.

The Ravens are more tuned in or to me are playing at a very high and hot level on defense and then there's are offensive line that is taking the beating of their new found fire.

Our Steelers don't seem as fired up as the Ravens and to me that is half the battle.

Jooser
01-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Wow..that comment by Suggs has to go right up there with " The Titanic is an unsinkable Ship"

Yet..the one God help Noah make out of wood survived the world's greatest flood. :wink:

Exactly my thought on the subject Dee Dub.

fezziwig
01-04-2012, 08:02 PM
I don't see the big deal about Tebow and his faith.
Reggie White talked it and talked it between plays from what I heard.
Troy makes the sign of the cross, our secondary does prayer groups on the sideline.
Ben used to have Jesus on the back of his shoes.

Better than gang signs that some players used to flash or guys texing their junk over the phone or better yet, guys doing crazy stuff and finding it on youtube.

If a person wants to be thankful to God for giving him the gift/talent to be where they appreciate being in life then, God bless them.

fordfixer
01-04-2012, 08:13 PM

Exactly my thought on the subject Dee Dub.
:Agree

SidSmythe
01-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Troy makes the sign of the cross, our secondary does prayer groups on the sideline.

Better than gang signs that some players used to flash or guys texing their junk over the phone or better yet, guys doing crazy stuff and finding it on youtube.

If a person wants to be thankful to God for giving him the gift/talent to be where they appreciate being in life then, God bless them.

AMEN :Clap

fezziwig
01-04-2012, 09:58 PM

tnx

DukieBoy
01-04-2012, 09:59 PM

x2

feltdizz
01-04-2012, 10:17 PM

Reggie White said he regretted talking about his faith as much as he did years after he retired.

Remember when he said God told him to go to the team that was offering the most money?

Nothing wrong with being a Christian but super duper Christians annoy me. Half of Tebow's fans call anyone who isn't a fan of his anti Christian.

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2012, 11:24 PM

me too, and I'm pretty sure Ben wouldn't mind Suggs playing for us either...

flippy
01-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Nothing wrong with being a Christian but super duper Christians annoy me.

They annoy everyone. Even other super duper Christians.

In general, people that pretend to know anything about anything are annoying.

100s of years from now, people will look back and think the things we collectively think as a society now are ridiculous and completely ass backward. Just like we'd think it's silly to believe the world is flat or any number of other things people believed many years ago.

This Jesus thing has lasted 2000+ years. So it has some legs. It's a very clever story. And I remember hearing it's a repeat of other religious stories from even further back in time. So it really has lasted and withstood time.

Maybe the next time around, the next Jesus character can have a commandment to "keep telling the story, but don't be a douche about it."

eniparadoxgma
01-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Maybe the next time around, the next Jesus character can have a commandment to "keep telling the story, but don't be a douche about it."

haha, that's awesome.

What I have a problem with is the people that thank God or Allah or whoever when things work out well for them, but never mention anything about it when things don't. Where was God when you lost that fumble? Was God busy with something else? The devil in the mix?

(I know this has been discussed elsewhere, I just wanted to point it out)

Ghost
01-05-2012, 03:27 PM

haha, that's awesome.

What I have a problem with is the people that thank God or Allah or whoever when things work out well for them, but never mention anything about it when things don't. Where was God when you lost that fumble? Was God busy with something else? The devil in the mix?

(I know this has been discussed elsewhere, I just wanted to point it out)

In the case of a fumble, he's teaching you a lesson, giving you humility, or working in a mysterious way.

If you have not seen this - Tebow meets Jesus on SNL. (sorry, don't know how to make it play on this page, only can link it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpFe3GR7p8

eniparadoxgma
01-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd seen that posted but never watched it. Hilarious. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

"The Bible is my playbook"
"Yeah, well you should probably start studying the regular one"

hawaiiansteel
01-05-2012, 03:46 PM

x2

x3 :Cheers

feltdizz
01-05-2012, 04:38 PM
The messenger shouldn't be more important than the message...

If Tebow was Muslim or a Buddhist I guarantee you he wouldn't even be in the league right now.

I'm a christian and I have no problem with Tebow's faith but I have a problem when I feel like I'm being "sold" a religion because a guy can sell some jerseys while going 6 for 20 for 64 yards.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-05-2012, 05:59 PM
If Tebow was Muslim or a Buddhist I guarantee you he wouldn't even be in the league right now.
:shock: I don't want to be unkind, but that's one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen posted on this board.

I'm a christian and I have no problem with Tebow's faith but I have a problem when I feel like I'm being "sold" a religion because a guy can sell some jerseys while going 6 for 20 for 64 yards.
I've never felt like I'm being "sold" a religion by Tebow. Honestly, in anything I've ever heard him say to a sports reporter, etc., I've never felt like he was making an altar call or bringing a sales pitch or laying anything on too heavy. Maybe this is all in the eye of the beholder, but I feel as though he's a man who is very genuine, and whose faith is such a big part of his life that it just comes out in expression of gratitude. Perhaps I've missed some interview or something, but for the life of me, I can't understand all the criticism and all the hate. I have to wonder if some people would be happier if Tim was dealing drugs like Sam Hurd, or pouting on the sideline like Stonio, or mouthing off like TO or OchoCinco. Sometimes I think a lot of people would rather their celebrities have poor character, because somehow, in some twisted sort of way, that makes them feel better about themselves.

feltdizz
01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
:shock: I don't want to be unkind, but that's one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen posted on this board.

I've never felt like I'm being "sold" a religion by Tebow. Honestly, in anything I've ever heard him say to a sports reporter, etc., I've never felt like he was making an altar call or bringing a sales pitch or laying anything on too heavy. Maybe this is all in the eye of the beholder, but I feel as though he's a man who is very genuine, and whose faith is such a big part of his life that it just comes out in expression of gratitude. Perhaps I've missed some interview or something, but for the life of me, I can't understand all the criticism and all the hate. I have to wonder if some people would be happier if Tim was dealing drugs like Sam Hurd, or pouting on the sideline like Stonio, or mouthing off like TO or OchoCinco. Sometimes I think a lot of people would rather their celebrities have poor character, because somehow, in some twisted sort of way, that makes them feel better about themselves.

I'm talking about the media and his fans selling his faith as the reason you should like him.

The whole notion that Tebow is this pure human being who has more heart, works harder than any other athlete and is a winner is a myth being sold to fans and this is the reason some people can't stand him. "If you don't like Tebow your anti-christian" is a common response among rabid Tebow fans. could see if Tebow was good at his position but he is pretty bad. I can appreciate that he loves Jesus but plenty of players love Jesus and they are much better at their position.

He's more popular for his faith then he is for his ability to play QB and I think that's the main reason some people can't stand him.

I don't think it's ignorant to believe if Tebow was praising Allah he wouldn't be in the NFL given his skill set at his position.

feltdizz
01-06-2012, 12:54 PM
This morning a guy calls up the sports radio show in Pittsburgh and says Ron Cook or whoever was hosting this morning doesn't like Tebow because he loves God. :roll:

BradshawsHairdresser
01-06-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't think it's ignorant to believe if Tebow was praising Allah he wouldn't be in the NFL given his skill set at his position.

:roll: Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Broncos and other NFL teams have a checklist that disqualifies players because they are Muslims, and hires them because they are Christians.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

feltdizz
01-06-2012, 02:26 PM

:roll: Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Broncos and other NFL teams have a checklist that disqualifies players because they are Muslims, and hires them because they are Christians.

Laugh all you want but Tebow wouldn't have gotten this far as a QB with his talent if he was praising Allah before every press conference in college.

I never said the Bronco's or any team wouldn't draft a muslim. What I'm suggesting is a team wouldn't draft a guy with his skills at QB if he was praising Allah all through college.

You may not want to believe it but Tebow isn't this popular because he is a great QB... he is this popular because he can put butts in the stands and he attracts non football fans.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-06-2012, 04:30 PM

Laugh all you want but Tebow wouldn't have gotten this far as a QB with his talent if he was praising Allah before every press conference in college.

I never said the Bronco's or any team wouldn't draft a muslim. What I'm suggesting is a team wouldn't draft a guy with his skills at QB if he was praising Allah all through college.

You may not want to believe it but Tebow isn't this popular because he is a great QB... he is this popular because he can put butts in the stands and he attracts non football fans.

Where did I ever say that Tebow is a great QB? He isn't, not yet anyway, and he may never be.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the Broncos or any other NFL franchise would draft a QB because of his popularity rather than his ability (whatever the reason for that popularity). If the team doesn't think he has a shot at winning games for them, they won't draft him because, at the end of the day, winning trumps everything else. In other words, even if he is popular coming in, if he doesn't win, before long those butts aren't going to be sitting in the stands. Even now in Donkoland, after only two or three straight weeks of Tebow losing, there are up to 10,000 no-shows expected. You'd better believe that wouldn't be the case if Tebow had won those games.

And if a QB plays well for the Broncos, and wins? I guarantee you, the stands will be filled with butts, regardless of whether the player is Muslim, Buddhist, Christian or atheist. Even if he praises Allah after every play!

feltdizz
01-06-2012, 04:46 PM

Where did I ever say that Tebow is a great QB? He isn't, not yet anyway, and he may never be.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the Broncos or any other NFL franchise would draft a QB because of his popularity rather than his ability (whatever the reason for that popularity). If the team doesn't think he has a shot at winning games for them, they won't draft him because, at the end of the day, winning trumps everything else. In other words, even if he is popular coming in, if he doesn't win, before long those butts aren't going to be sitting in the stands. Even now in Donkoland, after only two or three straight weeks of Tebow losing, there are up to 10,000 no-shows expected. You'd better believe that wouldn't be the case if Tebow had won those games.

And if a QB plays well for the Broncos, and wins? I guarantee you, the stands will be filled with butts, regardless of whether the player is Muslim, Buddhist, Christian or atheist. Even if he praises Allah after every play!

31 other teams passed on him and the coach who traded up to get him was fired last year.

The people who were behind Tebow's pick are gone... Elway is now in charge and he won't commit to Tebow because he isn't a long term solution at QB.

Have you ever seen a QB this mediocre getting this much pub? Be honest... When Ben was winning 13 straight games and had Jesus scriptures on his shoes the media did everything they could to avoid giving him credit.

Tebow has a Christian marketing machine behind him and unless he gets 300% better at QB you have to wonder why he is getting so much love. He isn't the first player to love God.

All that being said... I pray he we beat this team but it sure feels like God is on the Broncos side with all these injuries. :wink:

BradshawsHairdresser
01-06-2012, 04:56 PM

31 other teams passed on him and the coach who traded up to get him was fired last year.

The people who were behind Tebow's pick are gone... Elway is now in charge and he won't commit to Tebow because he isn't a long term solution at QB.
The Broncos took Tebow in the FIRST ROUND. Do you mean to tell me that if they hadn't taken him, NO ONE ELSE would have--throughout the entire draft? Elway and the current regime in Denver might not have drafted him, but SOMEONE in the league would have certainly given him a shot, at least as a project. And his religious affiliation would not have affected that decision one way or another.

Have you ever seen a QB this mediocre getting this much pub? Be honest... When Ben was winning 13 straight games and had Jesus scriptures on his shoes the media did everything they could to avoid giving him credit.
So did touting Jesus help Ben become the Steelers' starting QB? Is that why Heinz is filled with butts in the stands?

Tebow has a Christian marketing machine behind him and unless he gets 300% better at QB you have to wonder why he is getting so much love. He isn't the first player to love God.
It didn't hurt Tebow that he was a college phenom who led his team to wins, including a national championship, in a remarkable manner. Here's a guess--if Tebow isn't a winner on the field, he won't be getting all that much "love" for very long.

All that being said... I pray he we beat this team but it sure feels like God is on the Broncos side with all these injuries.
I don't believe adversity is any sign of God's disfavor, but He's probably not taking sides in football games.

Don't give up. We've been overcoming adversity all season.

feltdizz
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
The Broncos took Tebow in the FIRST ROUND. Do you mean to tell me that if they hadn't taken him, NO ONE ELSE would have--throughout the entire draft? Elway and the current regime in Denver might not have drafted him, but SOMEONE in the league would have certainly given him a shot, at least as a project. And his religious affiliation would not have affected that decision one way or another.

No.... he would have been drafted in the 3rd or 4th round. You don't draft project QB's in the 1st round.

but if Tebow was muslim or an athiest he wouldn't be where he is today. He would be in the league as a practice squad player or FB/TE but he wouldn't have a SB commercial before draft day. He wouldn't have a top 5 selling jersey and he wouldn't be all over ESPN.

Name one project at any position that gets the pub Tebow gets.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-06-2012, 05:46 PM

No.... he would have been drafted in the 3rd or 4th round. You don't draft project QB's in the 1st round.

but if Tebow was muslim or an athiest he wouldn't be where he is today. He would be in the league as a practice squad player or FB/TE but he wouldn't have a SB commercial before draft day. He wouldn't have a top 5 selling jersey and he wouldn't be all over ESPN.

Impossible for you to know any of those things. You can guess all you want, but it's just speculation.

Name one project at any position that gets the pub Tebow gets.
Tebow led his college team to a national title and came in this year to unexpectedly lead his NFL team to six straight wins (in dramatic fashion), bringing them back into playoff contention--you don't think that has anything to do with the publicity he's been getting?
Do you think he'd be getting anywhere close to this much attention if he were stuck on the bench somewhere?

Again, if he fails to keep winning, the "publicity" will drop off...just watch (unless he becomes a reality TV star or something).

LouSteel
01-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Tebow led his college team to a national title and came in this year to unexpectedly lead his NFL team to six straight wins (in dramatic fashion), bringing them back into playoff contention--you don't think that has anything to do with the publicity he's been getting?
Do you think he'd be getting anywhere close to this much attention if he were stuck on the bench somewhere?

Again, if he fails to keep winning, the "publicity" will drop off...just watch (unless he becomes a reality TV star or something).

:roll:

Would you agree with this statement: "Tim Tebow is not Denver's long-term answer at QB?"

I would.

Tebow got the shot at the QB position because the fans were agitating for him. Tebow had the top selling jersey his rookie season. Tebow has had nothing but love from DENVER fans. And if you believe that Tebow got that much fan love in DENVER because he was a good college QB, then buddy, I've got a bridge to sell you :lol:

felt is right. Tebow ended up where he is for a good reason, and the reason wasn't that he was good. Denver took a big chance with a project QB, but they knew he'd sell tickets and bring people to games...

BradshawsHairdresser
01-07-2012, 01:35 AM

:roll:

Would you agree with this statement: "Tim Tebow is not Denver's long-term answer at QB?"

I would.

Tebow got the shot at the QB position because the fans were agitating for him. Tebow had the top selling jersey his rookie season. Tebow has had nothing but love from DENVER fans. And if you believe that Tebow got that much fan love in DENVER because he was a good college QB, then buddy, I've got a bridge to sell you :lol:

If you believe Tebow got all that fan love in Denver because he's a Christian, then buddy, you've already bought that bridge yourself! :lol:

felt is right. Tebow ended up where he is for a good reason, and the reason wasn't that he was good. Denver took a big chance with a project QB, but they knew he'd sell tickets and bring people to games...

Denver coach and GM conversing before 2010 draft (in the world of Feltdizz and LouSteel):

"What about taking this Tebow kid in the first round?"
"Face it--he's got zero chance of becoming a winning NFL QB."
"Yeah, I agree...but he's real popular...he's one of those born-again Christian types, so I'm sure he will sell lots of tickets and put lots of bodies in the stands."
"But once they figure out he can't make it as a starter, the attendance and the ticket sales will drop off..."
"I know, but who cares? Look, we spend a first-round pick on him, and it will boost attendance for a half-dozen games or so!"
"But we could actually spend the pick on a player who will help us win for years, and increase ticket sales for years to come..."
"Nope. I'd rather take the player who has no chance of becoming a starting QB, and get six games worth of boosted sales, instead of going for years of winning and higher revenues."
"Ok, ok, you're right...that's the smartest move. Don't know what I was thinking."

Now who gets the :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Actually, only 21 other teams passed on him (Denver themselves was one of the teams that passed him up when they used the #22 overall pick on Demaryius Thomas before trading back in the first round again to take Tebow at #25). Seattle (#6 & #14) and San Francisco (#11 & #17) passed on him twice. Even our own Steelers passed on the mighty Tebow with pick #18, but at least they took a guy who had Tebow's magical hands on his backside on a regular basis in Maurkice Pouncey. Minnesota, Chicago, Carolina, New Orleans, Arizona, Baltimore, Indianapolis, New England, Miami, and the Jets did not pass on Tebow.

feltdizz
01-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure how the conversation went down but a year later the the guy who drafted Tebow was out of a job. Tebow wasn't the only questionable decision McDaniels made but it was probably the worst given Tebow's QB ability.

You keep talking about Tebow's college championship like he was the primary reason they won. The guy threw an INT to a defensive lineman early on and another INT to a DB. He had decent yardage because he was throwing shuffle passes and 5 yard dump offs to Percy Harvin and he was taking them 50 and 60 yards.

Tebow's senior season wasn't great, his pro day was a circus, his senior bowl practices were notoriously bad and his senior bowl game was atrocious.

Tebow is a media darling and the guy who drafted him had an ego the size of Colorado. There is no doubt in my mind McDaniels drafted Tebow because it would put the spotlight on him.

This is just my opinion but looking at the moves Josh McDaniels made it didn't look like he had winning as his top priority and he was gone a year later.

feltdizz
01-07-2012, 12:52 PM

Actually, only 21 other teams passed on him (Denver themselves was one of the teams that passed him up when they used the #22 overall pick on Demaryius Thomas before trading back in the first round again to take Tebow at #25). Seattle (#6 & #14) and San Francisco (#11 & #17) passed on him twice. Even our own Steelers passed on the mighty Tebow with pick #18, but at least they took a guy who had Tebow's magical hands on his backside on a regular basis in Maurkice Pouncey. Minnesota, Chicago, Carolina, New Orleans, Arizona, Baltimore, Indianapolis, New England, Miami, and the Jets did not pass on Tebow.

Thanks for the clarification... maybe one of those teams were going to take him but I seriously doubt it.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-07-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure how the conversation went down but a year later the the guy who drafted Tebow was out of a job. Tebow wasn't the only questionable decision McDaniels made but it was probably the worst given Tebow's QB ability.

You keep talking about Tebow's college championship like he was the primary reason they won. The guy threw an INT to a defensive lineman early on and another INT to a DB. He had decent yardage because he was throwing shuffle passes and 5 yard dump offs to Percy Harvin and he was taking them 50 and 60 yards.

Tebow's senior season wasn't great, his pro day was a circus, his senior bowl practices were notoriously bad and his senior bowl game was atrocious.

Tebow is a media darling and the guy who drafted him had an ego the size of Colorado. There is no doubt in my mind McDaniels drafted Tebow because it would put the spotlight on him.

This is just my opinion but looking at the moves Josh McDaniels made it didn't look like he had winning as his top priority and he was gone a year later.

So McDaniels drafted Tebow because winning was NOT his top priority. Apparently, he wanted to be fired and gone. Sorry, not buying it. McDaniels might have been a poor head coach and weak in evaluating talent, but I can't believe that he didn't want to win during his tenure at Denver.

You make it sound as though McDaniels was drummed out of the NFL for good. But he has just been hired by the *'s for their playoff run this season, and to be their OC next season. Don't know if he'll ever be a HC again (or if he should be), but evidently Belichek and Co. don't think he's totally devoid of football knowledge. Then again, maybe they hired him because they want a guy whose top priority isn't winning. :roll:

feltdizz
01-07-2012, 08:28 PM

So McDaniels drafted Tebow because winning was NOT his top priority. Apparently, he wanted to be fired and gone. Sorry, not buying it. McDaniels might have been a poor head coach and weak in evaluating talent, but I can't believe that he didn't want to win during his tenure at Denver.

You make it sound as though McDaniels was drummed out of the NFL for good. But he has just been hired by the *'s for their playoff run this season, and to be their OC next season. Don't know if he'll ever be a HC again (or if he should be), but evidently Belichek and Co. don't think he's totally devoid of football knowledge. Then again, maybe they hired him because they want a guy whose top priority isn't winning. :roll:

I didn't say McDaniels didn't want to win I said it appeared as though winning wasn't his top priority. McDaniels ego got in the way of making sound football decisions that would help him win.

Imagine Tomlin coming into Pittsburgh and offending Ben on day one to the point he wanted to be traded, getting rid of Mendenhall and Redman and changing Lebeau's 3-4 to a 4-3. Oh... and trading draft picks to get a project at QB late in the first round. I'm pretty sure people would say he didn't have winning as his number 1 priority. We would call him an egomaniac and a fool.

I never said McDaniels wasn't a good OC... Weiss was also a good OC and he sucked as a HC and was horrible at evaluating and developing talent at Notre Dame.

Going back to the Pats is like a grown man going back home to live with his parents because he couldn't make it on his own. I can't believe you think McDaniels going back to the Pats after 2 failed gigs proves he is good.

Steel Life
01-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Don't forget, Belicheck & his coaching staff (including McDaniels) had a man-crush on Urban Meyer & Gator players...especially Tebow, who Meyer sold as the ultimate coach's player (music to Belicheck's ears). Belicheck was loaded with draft picks & McDaniels knew NE was probably going to draft him at some point, so he shot his wad & leveraged his draft (& ultimately his job) to grab Tebow - 2 to 3 rounds too early.

Look...Tebow is a good guy & good athlete, but because he's been catered to everywhere he's been, he (& his fans) haven't learned how to be a QB or how to tone down his message - both will come in time, though I believe he'll never amount to much more than what he is now. As for the prothlesizing, he would do better - for both himself & other players - to stop speaking as though because he tries harder or his personal relationship with God is the reson for his success...its a slap in the face of other players - players who are Christian & try hard too. And it's this zealous arrogance from his fans (& him to a degree) that rubs everyone the wrong way.

BrownSteel
01-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Florida has has talent every year. The one thing that Tebow could do is win. That could be the reason Denver wanted him. Our very own Steelers are famous not so much for blowout wins but just winning. Check out both of the Cleveland games, Indy, Jacksonville, and KC.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Going back to the Pats is like a grown man going back home to live with his parents because he couldn't make it on his own. I can't believe you think McDaniels going back to the Pats after 2 failed gigs proves he is good.

Where did I say he was good? Obviously, he hasn't acquitted himself as a head coach. I just don't think he is totally devoid of football knowledge, or he wouldn't be working for Bellichek. And I believe it's ridiculous to think that, as coach of the Broncos, in selecting Tebow, he had some objective that was greater than winning.

All the other stuff notwithstanding, let me remind you of this statement that you made earlier in this thread: "If Tebow was Muslim or a Buddhist I guarantee you he wouldn't even be in the league right now." In my view, that's right on par with Isaiah Thomas's comment that if Larry Bird wasn't white, he'd be just another basketball player.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Don't forget, Belicheck & his coaching staff (including McDaniels) had a man-crush on Urban Meyer & Gator players...especially Tebow, who Meyer sold as the ultimate coach's player (music to Belicheck's ears). Belicheck was loaded with draft picks & McDaniels knew NE was probably going to draft him at some point, so he shot his wad & leveraged his draft (& ultimately his job) to grab Tebow - 2 to 3 rounds too early.

Look...Tebow is a good guy & good athlete, but because he's been catered to everywhere he's been, he (& his fans) haven't learned how to be a QB or how to tone down his message - both will come in time, though I believe he'll never amount to much more than what he is now. As for the prothlesizing, he would do better - for both himself & other players - to stop speaking as though because he tries harder or his personal relationship with God is the reson for his success...its a slap in the face of other players - players who are Christian & try hard too. And it's this zealous arrogance from his fans (& him to a degree) that rubs everyone the wrong way.
Do you agree with Dizz that he wouldn't even be in the league now if he was a Muslim or a Buddhist?

Steel Life
01-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Florida has has talent every year. The one thing that Tebow could do is win. That could be the reason Denver wanted him. Our very own Steelers are famous not so much for blowout wins but just winning. Check out both of the Cleveland games, Indy, Jacksonville, and KC.
Belicheck was captivated by Meyer's spread offense & they (Belicheck & Meyer) spent time in each other's coaching camps. The point is that the Patriots coaching overvalued Tebow's talents & that his "winning" & demeanor masked a marked lack of NFL-caliber QB skills.

Steel Life
01-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Do you agree with Dizz that he wouldn't even be in the league now if he was a Muslim or a Buddhist?
I think his point was that if he was of either of those beliefs AND he was as vocal & demonstrative as he is now, that he would've been drummed out of the league. I would like to think that wouldn't happen, especially given the NBA's example as it has had numerous Muslim players (I can really think of one player who was ostracized when he was outspoken - Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf aka Chris Jackson). I think we could safely assume that given the great variety of players in the league that there are players and coaches who are Muslim or Buddhist (how did they get dragged into this discussion?) just as surely as there ones who are Jewish or Atheist.

In the end, I think what most want to see is for the players to play ball, & judge them on their play & keep religion out of it.

feltdizz
01-08-2012, 01:16 AM
I think his point was that if he was of either of those beliefs AND he was as vocal & demonstrative as he is now, that he would've been drummed out of the league. I would like to think that wouldn't happen, especially given the NBA's example as it has had numerous Muslim players (I can really think of one player who was ostracized when he was outspoken - Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf aka Chris Jackson). I think we could safely assume that given the great variety of players in the league that there are players and coaches who are Muslim or Buddhist (how did they get dragged into this discussion?) just as surely as there ones who are Jewish or Atheist.

In the end, I think what most want to see is for the players to play ball, & judge them on their play & keep religion out of it.

:Clap

It's like Amateur Night at the Apollo. Contestants sing Gospel because they know the crowd won't boo God.

Why is his religion so important in his evaluation as a football player.