PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner to return next year

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-03-2012, 04:42 PM
In case anyone still had thoughts of going after Norv Turner for OC next year, not an option. It appears that the ownership in SD thinks more of him than almost everyone else. AJ Smith returning as well

http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/ ... line_stack (http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Turner-Smith-to-return/847b37ec-c22d-41de-a99a-2ccf24641885?module=HP11_headline_stack)

Oviedo
01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
That is why they will never win the big games.

Starlifter
01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
they'll be the favorites to win the west again.

and then underachieve........again.

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Good...San Diego is scheduled to visit Heinz next year...chalk that one up in the "W" column.

ikestops85
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
AJ Smith has to go before they can get rid of Turner. Smith is the guy who brought Turner in because he wanted a milktoast type of HC who wouldn't challenge his authority. Otherwise how do you justify getting rid of Marty after a 14-2 season and keeping Turner around with the team's mediocre performance under him?

NC Steeler Fan
01-04-2012, 03:14 PM
I work with a diehard chargers fan and he's actually been hoping and praying for SD losses every weekend just to get rid of Turner. He said the majority of their fans feel the same way.

Needless to say, he is completely sick about it today and already despondent
about next year.

I'm just glad I can't relate...all things considered, we don't know how lucky we are...

Ghost
01-04-2012, 04:42 PM
I work with a diehard chargers fan and he's actually been hoping and praying for SD losses every weekend just to get rid of Turner. He said the majority of their fans feel the same way.

about next year.

I'm just glad I can't relate...all things considered, we don't know how lucky we are...

OH....we all know how lucky we are...we just b!tch about it anyway :wink:

Steelgal
01-04-2012, 05:26 PM

I think there's many that can relate in regards to a different member of our coaching staff. Not wanting to hijack the thread though.

If I was a Charger's fan I'd be unhappy as well. I thought both Norv and their GM were gone. Wonder how Rivers or the team feels about it? Sure they're saying the 'right things', but gotta wonder if they're disappointed too.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Good...San Diego is scheduled to visit Heinz next year...chalk that one up in the "W" column.

I'd love them to come in December with the wind blowing, cold temperatures, and rain or snow falling. Let's see how Mr. Elite Rivers contends with the elements away from his nicely carpeted racetrack in San Diego.

DukieBoy
01-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Kansas City or Oakland just won the AFC West.

fezziwig
01-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I haven't paid much attention to the Chargers this year and last year but, I did think they had enough talent to be doing better than what they have been doing so to me, that falls upon the coaches shoulders.
I wanted Turner for our OC had he been given the pink slip. Heck, I'd take our highschools coach over Arians.

Discipline of Steel
01-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Kansas City or Oakland just won the AFC West.

what about denver???

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2012, 11:21 PM

about next year.

OH....we all know how lucky we are...we just b!tch about it anyway :wink:

very true :D

BradshawsHairdresser
01-05-2012, 06:24 PM

I think there's many that can relate in regards to a different member of our coaching staff. Not wanting to hijack the thread though.

If I was a Charger's fan I'd be unhappy as well. I thought both Norv and their GM were gone. Wonder how Rivers or the team feels about it? Sure they're saying the 'right things', but gotta wonder if they're disappointed too.

Saw a report somewhere, don't remember where, that said Norv was brought back, in part, because Rivers lobbied for him.

RuthlessBurgher
01-05-2012, 06:50 PM

Saw a report somewhere, don't remember where, that said Norv was brought back, in part, because Rivers lobbied for him.

Should be an SAT Question.

Norv is to Rivers as Arians is to Ben.