PDA

View Full Version : WALLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDSteeler
01-03-2012, 02:15 AM
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

WTF??? You have turned into the CHARMIN of the WR's Corp...

For those of you too young to know what Charmin is...its toilet paper. In commercials
it was portrayed as the "SOFTEST" toilet paper you could buy.

Yes, Ben is hobbling, and not making the most accurate throws...but...AB is doing
his part!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are allowing the CB's to redirect you too easy. You are running outside the CB,
rather than crossing in front of him. You are not looking for the ball. You dont aggressively attack the ball in the air, and basically want it handed to you on a silver, friggin platter!!! Fight for the BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to make some plays!!!!!

Don't make me call you CHARMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I just got your Throwback #17 jersey made............Don't make me regret it!!!!

Let's go WALLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

SS Laser
01-03-2012, 02:35 AM
I think Mr. Wallace started to drink up all the hype. Well there are good corners also.
Plus I am sure teams seen some stuff on tape to take advantage of. I think he needs the 5/7 step drop patterns that all you guys hate and gets Ben killed.

Lets hope he wakes up and gets out of his funk for the playoffs. :Cheers

Steelers>NFL
01-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Fell way short of his prediction of catching 2000 yards this past season.
But he is forgiven, since another playmaker, AB took 1000 yards away from him.

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2012, 11:04 AM
For those of you too young to know what Charmin is...its toilet paper. In commercials it was portrayed as the "SOFTEST" toilet paper you could buy.

In spite of the demise of Mr. Whipple, I believe that Charmin is still the best-selling toilet paper brand in the U.S., so there shouldn't be an issue with someone being too young to know what Charmin is...young people use toilet paper too. :wink:

eniparadoxgma
01-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I thought they game planned against Wallace, double covering him more often than not. This opened up the lanes for Brown, Heath, Cotchery, etc. You take what the defense gives you and we have enough talent in the WR/TE department to go another way if a team is trying to shut down a particular player on our O (IMO).

pick6
01-03-2012, 01:17 PM
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

WTF??? You have turned into the CHARMIN of the WR's Corp...

For those of you too young to know what Charmin is...its toilet paper. In commercials
it was portrayed as the "SOFTEST" toilet paper you could buy.

Yes, Ben is hobbling, and not making the most accurate throws...but...AB is doing
his part!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are allowing the CB's to redirect you too easy. You are running outside the CB,
rather than crossing in front of him. You are not looking for the ball. You dont aggressively attack the ball in the air, and basically want it handed to you on a silver, friggin platter!!! Fight for the BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to make some plays!!!!!

Don't make me call you CHARMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I just got your Throwback #17 jersey made............Don't make me regret it!!!!

Let's go WALLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

I hear you. I'm thinking send him in motion more often to get him a better release. Maybe????????

pick6
01-03-2012, 01:18 PM
I thought they game planned against Wallace, double covering him more often than not. This opened up the lanes for Brown, Heath, Cotchery, etc. You take what the defense gives you and we have enough talent in the WR/TE department to go another way if a team is trying to shut down a particular player on our O (IMO).

Really good point.

pittpete
01-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I thought they game planned against Wallace, double covering him more often than not.

This is starting to sound so cliche

ikestops85
01-03-2012, 03:03 PM

Really good point.

You don't think teams try to take away Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, etc.? We have to run more plays to get him the ball. The guy has good hands (except lately), is not afraid to go over the middle, is good with the ball after the catch, and has blazing speed.

I don't know whether it's Wallace or Arians or Ben but Wallace has been my biggest disappointment the second half of the season. I know AB has been spectacular making catches and running with the ball but we can't ignore a weapon like Wallace if we want to score with the big boys. So give him a kick in the arse and then call some plays for him.

:tt2

snarky
01-03-2012, 03:07 PM
"Mike Wallace Coming Back to Earth"

pick6
01-03-2012, 03:35 PM

Really good point.

You don't think teams try to take away Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, etc.? We have to run more plays to get him the ball. The guy has good hands (except lately), is not afraid to go over the middle, is good with the ball after the catch, and has blazing speed.

I don't know whether it's Wallace or Arians or Ben but Wallace has been my biggest disappointment the second half of the season. I know AB has been spectacular making catches and running with the ball but we can't ignore a weapon like Wallace if we want to score with the big boys. So give him a kick in the arse and then call some plays for him.

:tt2

Yeah you have a good point but Wallace just isn't as good as those guys you named. But what's great about our situation with Wallace is that teams do have to account for him and he can get behind the defenses. And this will continue to leave other guys wide open. If Bruce schemes right he will now take advantage of the success of Brown which should make matchups very difficult for opponents. He needs to see more stop routes. When against man coverage, run top speed get the CB turning at top speed then stop and come back a little. Because he is such a deep threat, this is really unstoppable it just needs crispy execution but its really football 101. Maybe that's the fault of the Bruce. Yet Ben has been off and Wallace has a couple drops also, so hopefully they give him a few easy touches early to get him going because you are right in that we can't let this weapon go to waste.

Oviedo
01-03-2012, 03:44 PM

Exactly. Wallace is getting all the double, and possiblky triple, teams while others like Brown benefit from exclusive single coverage like Nate Washington use to when teams doubled Hines and/or Stupidio.

flippy
01-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Long term, I think Brown and Sanders will be better options than Wallace.

There's a lot of Nate Washington in Wallace's game. Always open deep. Uncoverable. But his hands are below average.

And I bet if it comes down to a final drive, Ben will be looking for Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, or Miller before he looks for Wallace.

NorthCoast
01-03-2012, 07:27 PM
I don't know....watching man-beast Blackmon in the Fiesta Bowl last night, would you trade Wallace for a guy like him? Pure stud at WR.

snarky
01-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I think Wallace is the kind of guy Daniel Snyder will pay over the odds for. At some point, he will move on from the Steelers, IMO.

Ghost
01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
If Cotchery had not been hurt early in the season I think he could have been big this season. That's a pick up that does not get enough credit. If the game was on the line I would have total confidence on him getting the call.