PDA

View Full Version : Time to take over Mile High

RockyMountainSteeler
01-03-2012, 12:12 AM
I know I rarely post at all and it has been a while but I do stop in many times a week to read what is going on. Most of the time this is the only place go to get news on our team and see what other fans are thinking. You guys do a good job of keeping it real.

As the name would suggest, I live in Denver, Colorado. They restricted the purchase of tickets to this game to local zip codes so I got online today when the game tickets went on sale. I have some extra tickets for Sundays game if any of you are planning on coming in or for any of you in town already that would like to go to the game.

Here's to us taking over Mile High again. I can't wait for the fallout after the game when they see all the terrible towels. The last time the Steelers came into town for a regular season Monday Night Game people were complaining for weeks about how the local fans sold out. HAHA!

Just send me message and I will let you know what I've got. We'll be well represtented this weekend.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!! :tt1 :tt2

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Denver is not the first city to try and make special arrangements to keep Steeler fans out. I wonder if those huge Green Bay and Dallas fan bases require the same considerations.

papillon
01-03-2012, 10:31 AM
I know I rarely post at all and it has been a while but I do stop in many times a week to read what is going on. Most of the time this is the only place go to get news on our team and see what other fans are thinking. You guys do a good job of keeping it real.

As the name would suggest, I live in Denver, Colorado. They restricted the purchase of tickets to this game to local zip codes so I got online today when the game tickets went on sale. I have some extra tickets for Sundays game if any of you are planning on coming in or for any of you in town already that would like to go to the game.

Here's to us taking over Mile High again. I can't wait for the fallout after the game when they see all the terrible towels. The last time the Steelers came into town for a regular season Monday Night Game people were complaining for weeks about how the local fans sold out. HAHA!

Just send me message and I will let you know what I've got. We'll be well represtented this weekend.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!! :tt1 :tt2

I wish I was going to be there to relieve you of some of ticket surplus, regardless, good job buying tickets for Steeler fans.

:tt2 :tt2

Pappy

eniparadoxgma
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Wish I was more mobile but rock on, Rocky! :Beer :Beer :Beer

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Broncos Coach Trying To Keep Steelers’ Fans From Invading Denver

January 4, 2012 6:14 PM
(Credit: KDKA)
Reporting Harold Hayes

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The Pittsburgh Steelers-Denver Broncos playoff game is just four days away, but there’s already a plot underway to try to keep the Steelers Nation away from the game in Denver.

So, it’s an away game. So, you only had a week’s notice as to where and when it would be. So, the Broncos are telling their fans, don’t sell your tickets to Steelers’ fans.

Think that matters?

“I got online to get tickets for the playoff game, and I got through the entire checkout process until the end and it said because of my zip code, I would not be allowed to buy tickets from the Denver Broncos,” said Dr. Ron Cypher, of Butler.

That would ordinarily be enough to convince some that it’s not worth trying to make reservations for a trip to Denver.

After all, the Denver coach had this message for his fans.

“We’ve got unique fans here; I would encourage all of them to keep their seats so to speak and not sell any of them to Pittsburgh fans,” said John Fox, the head coach of the Broncos.

But Denver reporters found out that Steelers’ fans can make a deal if the price is right.

“So, fortunately I have a friend who lives out in Denver,” said Dr. Cypher. “I called them and they purchased a ticket for us. I was able to get the ticket that way, so we kind of did an end run that way.”

Dr. Cypher and his wife, Debbie, have traveled to cheer on the Steelers no matter where the game is.

He, as an obstetrician, has delivered more than fan support. He delivered Justin Hartwig’s baby a year and a half ago. They also know how the Steelers Nation can change the atmosphere, especially at an away playoff game.

“It’s amazing. When you go to a stadium and see thousands and thousands of black and gold towels going; it’s just an amazing feeling and we’ve been to every away game,” he said. “This will be our ninth year that we’ve been to every away game, so we really feel the fabric of how that works and it’s just an amazing experience.”

Some online tickets range in price from about $70 to about $900. Airline tickets seem to start at about $380 if you’re still hoping to get to Denver this weekend.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/01/ ... ng-denver/ (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/01/04/broncos-coach-trying-to-keep-steelers-fans-from-invading-denver/)

fordfixer
01-04-2012, 11:52 PM
If any of you want to buy tickets you can have them sent to my house. I'm in the rocky mountain area :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll even be sure to enjoy the game for you :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Silicor
01-05-2012, 02:24 AM
The wife and I are making our first return trip to Denver since 2005. We bought ours on ebay, but there are plenty available. Just on Stubhub and ebay there are over 2000 tickets available. Prices have been dropping since Tuesday and now it is turning into a total buyers market.

fordfixer
01-05-2012, 03:32 AM
Posted January 4, 2012, 11:55 am MT
Mike Tomlin, Ben Roethlisberger: Steelers fans are amazing
By Tom Kensler
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/201 ... ing/11586/ (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/01/04/tomlin-roethlisberger-steelers-fans-are-amazing/11586/)

Ben Roethlisberger, Broncos, Mike Tomlin, Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Steelers
Pittsburgh Steelers fans wave their Terrible Towels as the Steelers face the Denver Broncos during an NFL game in Denver in November 2009.Doug Pensinger, Getty Images file

Pittsburgh Steelers fans wave their Terrible Towels as the Steelers face the Denver Broncos during an NFL game in Denver in November 2009.

Speaking Wednesday during teleconferences with Denver media covering the Broncos, Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said they continue to be amazed by how many Steelers fans show up in opposing stadiums — perhaps like Sunday at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

“It’s awesome,” Roethlisberger said. “I think it kind of blows most people away. When you’re on the road and you have guys on other teams that aren’t used to seeing that.

“All of a sudden, they see the Steelers fans come in and they’re like, ‘Holy cow. What’s going on?’ It’s a pretty neat feeling.”

Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin said that inspires the team.

“It’s not something that you get used to,” Tomlin said. I’m continually surprised and awed by that, particularly when we’re out west.

“We’ve got world-championship-caliber fans, and that’s why we work so hard to produce results on the field for them.”

costanza2k1
01-05-2012, 01:04 PM
This is a pretty slick site to buy tickets from:

http://seatgeek.com

Silicor
01-05-2012, 02:16 PM
That link is great... would have made my searching much easier. Thanks for sharing!

JAR
01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
I think it'll be a bigger invasion since the Donco's are trying to stop it.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Broncos linebacker Joe Mays was strolling through the grocery store earlier this week when he spotted a family decked out in Pittsburgh Steelers garb.

The invasion of Pittsburgh fans has already begun. In his own neighborhood, no less.

Wait until Sunday.

Billed as Broncos country, this region will be transformed into Steelers territory with Ben Roethlisberger & Co. arriving in the Mile High City for a first-round playoff game.

Pittsburgh fans have always traveled well for big games, doing their best to bring some home-field advantage on the road with their numbers and noise.

That’s why Broncos coach John Fox urged fans not to sell their tickets to Steelers supporters. The last thing Fox wants to see this weekend is a sea of yellow Terrible Towels in the stadium.

“I would encourage all of them to keep their seats so to speak and not sell them to Pittsburgh fans, so our stadium remains as active and loud as it’s been,” Fox said. “More blue and orange as opposed to (black) and gold.”

Shutting out Pittsburgh’s faithful probably won’t happen. They were certainly a roaring bunch during the 2005 AFC Championship, rooting on the Steelers to a 34-17 win in Denver on their way to another Super Bowl title.

The sight of so much black and gold on the road never gets old for Roethlisberger.

“I think it kind of blows most people away,” he said. “When you’re on the road and you have guys on other teams that aren’t used to seeing that, and all of a sudden they see the Steeler fans come in and their like, ‘Holy cow, what’s going on?’ It’s a pretty neat feeling.”

According to SeatGeek, a ticket search engine that pulls together listings from all major secondary ticket websites, Pittsburgh fans just seem to find a way to get their hands on tickets. A good portion of ticket shoppers scouring SeatGeek for deals for the playoff game are from the Pennsylvania area.

“The Steelers simply are a massive road draw, and their fans come out of the woodwork to show up — wherever they are playing,” said Will Flaherty, the director of communications at SeatGeek. “We see it week in and week out whenever the Steelers hit the road in the NFL in terms of elevated secondary market prices, and this weekend is no exception to that trend.”

There may be even more tickets available from disgruntled Broncos season-ticket holders.

Sure, this is the Broncos’ first postseason appearance in six years, but the recent poor play of Tim Tebow, along with conservative, predictable play calling, has turned off some die-hard Denver fans.

The Broncos had far more punts (nine) than points (three) in a loss to Kyle Orton and the Kansas City Chiefs last weekend. The Broncos’ third straight loss nearly cost them a playoff spot, but they were bailed out when San Diego beat Oakland later Sunday.

“That game was one step above watching paint dry,” said Todd Tenenbaum, who’s from Denver and has had season tickets in his family since the franchise’s birth in 1960. “To watch the running back and quarterback bump into each other to see who can get up the middle first is just boring.

“I’d rather stay home and watch ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ with my kids.”

As for heeding Fox’s advice, Tenenbaum said he’s taking it under advisement.

“Because of the value of the tickets and that most likely Pittsburgh is going to cream us, I’d rather sell to a Pittsburgh fan that I know,” he said. “That way, they can enjoy the game.

“I feel guilty about selling.”

Steelers fans often make road games feel just like Heinz Field.

“I’m continually surprised and awed by that, particularly when we’re out west,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “We’ve got world championship-caliber fans, and that’s why we work so hard to produce results on the field for them.”

Broncos running back Lance Ball can’t get away from Steelersmania. He hears about it all the time since his brother is a big Pittsburgh fan.

“He’s on both sides. I think he’ll wear a half (jersey of each),” Ball said, laughing. “Pittsburgh is one of America’s teams. They’ve been around. They’re a favorite, just like the Cowboys.”

As for the partisan crowd, Ball said it won’t bother him. After all, the Broncos went 3-5 at home, 5-3 on the road.

“I like playing in an away-game type of field,” Ball said. “But we’re at home. We have to take it like that. It’s our house.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/road-show-steelers-fans-make-themselves-right-at-home-in-any-stadium/2012/01/05/gIQAAm1AcP_story.html)