PDA

View Full Version : Coach of the Year

flippy
01-02-2012, 07:40 PM
My vote would go to John Fox. To make the playoffs without a QB makes him a miracle worker.

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Carnell Lake. He took the island of misfit cornerbacks and turned it into the #1 pass D in the league.

Starlifter
01-02-2012, 08:03 PM
My vote would go to John Fox. To make the playoffs without a QB makes him a miracle worker.

it's hard to argue with Fox - however there is nothing miraculous about the AFC West.

rpmpit
01-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Not a fan, but Jim Harbough deserves it. I don't even think there's a close second.

Discipline of Steel
01-02-2012, 08:17 PM
IDK 8-8? and his run with the gimmick offense has already ended. Doesnt get my vote (not that i get a vote)

flippy
01-02-2012, 10:20 PM
How bout Marvin Lewis for making the playoffs after getting rid of Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco?

Starlifter
01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
why is it coach of the year always goes to someone who everyone expected would suck - and then didn't? I always thought coach of the year should go to the coach that built a great team, maximized it's potential and kicked a$$.

marvin lewis can get the 'coach who was unexpectedly relevant' award.

flippy
01-02-2012, 11:21 PM
why is it coach of the year always goes to someone who everyone expected would suck - and then didn't? I always thought coach of the year should go to the coach that built a great team, maximized it's potential and kicked a$$.

marvin lewis can get the 'coach who was unexpectedly relevant' award.

why not just give it to the superbowl winning coach?

BradshawsHairdresser
01-04-2012, 10:05 AM
How bout Marvin Lewis for making the playoffs after getting rid of Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco?

How about Marvin Lewis simply for getting RID of Carson Palmer, Ocho Cinco, and TO?

Or maybe Caldwell in Indy...after losing his franchise QB, and knowing he had no shot at the playoffs, he had the sense to lead his team to the #1 draft pick!

Northern_Blitz
01-04-2012, 11:29 AM
I think Lewis should get serious consideration. To have that much success with a rookie QB (and a great rookie WR) is impressive. It's the same reason I thought Cowher should have won it in Ben's rookie year (although our season that year was much more impressive than Cincy this year).

JAR
01-04-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm sure Belicheat will win it for making it to the post season with possibly the worst defense in the league.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-06-2012, 09:40 AM
How about Norv Turner, for managing to get rehired following an 8-8 season?

Steel Life
01-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Wait...I thought Tebow was the miracle worker? :wink:

Steel Life
01-06-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm sure Belicheat will win it for making it to the post season with possibly the worst defense in the league.
Which is why he shouldn't win it - he's supposed to be a genius (and a defensive one at that)...how could he let half of his team get that bad? :stirpot

Starlifter
01-07-2012, 02:09 AM

lol, it's a silly award - but doing it that way may be the most accurate.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-07-2012, 10:46 AM

lol, it's a silly award - but doing it that way may be the most accurate.

I always thought they should delay voting on the award until after the Super Bowl.
If winning the Super Bowl is the top objective, then you would think it should at least be a major factor in determining COTY.

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2012, 02:42 PM
This is how much Coach of the Year means in the grand scheme of things:

Chuck Knox has won Coach of the Year 3 times.

Chuck Noll has won Coach of the Year 0 times.

:moon