PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice McFadden playing?

MaxAMillion
01-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Another reason why the Steelers can't go anywhere long term is the fact that McFadden will have to play now. Lewis injuring a hamstring is not good. Might be able to survive the Broncos with McFadden, but Brady will have a field day against a secondary that has to use McFadden.

MeetJoeGreene
01-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I had to look up on the roster to see who number 20 was.. been so long I forgot.

When I realized who it was.. I shuddered.

NorthCoast
01-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes, and he was lucky the Browns WR dropped a few because he was so out of position he would still be running after the guy.

I assume he was playing because Allen got injured. Anyone hear his status?

fezziwig
01-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I saw McFadden fall down again but, no news there. I have to admit, I thought Mcfadden wasn't all that bad as a corner or good enough when the linebackers get their pressure.

Keyplay1
01-03-2012, 08:25 AM
I had to look up on the roster to see who number 20 was.. been so long I forgot.

When I realized who it was.. I shuddered.

These injuries in the secondary probably hurt the Steelers more than the loss at RB.[I actually think that is a plus]

Keenan Lewis [hamstring]----could be back soon but Cortez Allen has a separated shoulder. With the other promising rook C. Brown on IR things are really thin back there.

The Steelers did sign Anthony Madison. He showed a lot of improvement in coverage his last year here but still is not so hot, but even he might be an improvement over BMac. I have no idea what is wrong with McFadden but it looks very clear that he is finished.

As you said the situation caused shuddering. Also an empty feeling in the stomach. However, I think there could be an out.

Why has everyone forgot about Damon Cromartie-Smith. True he is listed as a Safety but he does have good speed and quickness and his strong suit is he can cover.

I wonder if the Steelers will try to work him in instead of BMac. I think it could work.
And yes, I am thinking ahead a bit.

phillyesq
01-03-2012, 10:05 AM
McFadden is by no means a good cover corner, but at this point in the year, you could do worse for an injury fill-in. He's essentially the 5th corner who is going to have to step up - I'm sure most teams are worse off than having a Bryant McFadden as a #5 corner.

To McFadden's credit, he seems to have played hard on special teams after losing his starting role. Also, with his size, Denver isn't a terrible matchup for him, since their receivers are bigger and since they run so much.

steelz09
01-03-2012, 12:18 PM
From what I understand, C. Brown didn't play any defense against the pats, just special teams....

Cortez Allen on the other hand could prove costly if he can't play. Especially, if we make it far enough to play the Pats.

Allen was matched up on their TE's. I saw him on Gronkowski and Hernandez. With his size to match up against them and his athletic ability, that's huge.

I think Allen will be back soon.

K. Lewis is another big loss as he saw significant playing time. His injury is more worrisome than Allen's because it's a hamstring.

Shoe
01-03-2012, 12:25 PM

Is that wishful, or is there information out there that says his injury is minor.

As you said, you can do worse than McFadden as your 5th CB, but as others have correctly said: guys like Brady* will abuse guys like McFadden.

steelz09
01-03-2012, 12:33 PM

Is that wishful, or is there information out there that says his injury is minor.

As you said, you can do worse than McFadden as your 5th CB, but as others have correctly said: guys like Brady* will abuse guys like McFadden.

I wouldn't be surprise if Allen is back this week depending on the severity of the dislocation and whether there is more damage. We **should** be able to survive Denver with Lewis and Allen resting this week.

If we lose to the Broncos, then we don't deserve to play the Ravens or Pats regardless.

Woodley and Clark playing is huge imo. Worilds is not very good in run defense yet and I think he could be a liability in this game.

grotonsteel
01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes, and he was lucky the Browns WR dropped a few because he was so out of position he would still be running after the guy.

I assume he was playing because Allen got injured. Anyone hear his status?

+1

McFadden is horrible. He was out of position and more often than not he was on the ground.

Thank God for Massaqui or whatever his name for becoming Limas Sweed.

Mcadden is good on ST though.

SteelBucks
01-03-2012, 01:16 PM

I'm listening to Tomlin's PC now. He said Allen is questionable at best (sounds like he's out). Lewis had an MRI and showed no damage to his hamstring. Tomlin's expects him to play.

In other news from the secondary, Clark will not play.

fezziwig
01-03-2012, 06:10 PM
I for one worry too much or look at the negatives too much but only because I want the team to correct things and do better. I and we forget these other teams don't walk onto the field without their troubles, injured players and doubts. I think we will do okay against the Broncos and down the stretch.

I hate making positive predictions because they always blow up in my face. Everytime I say we are going to lose, we win and everytime.........well you know.

From now on I'll go back to being sad sack so things will go well for our Steelers.

pittpete
01-03-2012, 06:59 PM
So Fezz, you're saying we're going to lose in Denver right? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mister Pittsburgh
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Hopefully Allen can play if we advance past the Denver Tebows.

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Hopefully Allen can play if we advance past the Denver Tebows.

:Agree We could use someone with his size/speed/skill ratio to help cover Gronkowski/Hernandez or Dickson/Pitta in round 2.

fezziwig
01-04-2012, 01:42 PM
So Fezz, you're saying we're going to lose in Denver right? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Steelers offense will make the Bronos look like the Orange Crush from years back.