PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's point spread

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-02-2012, 04:39 AM
Early line out of Vegas has the Steelers as 8 point favorites on the road in Denver.

Not surprisingly, the Steelers are the only road favorites, and they have the second highest opening line of the week.

Both Houston and the Giants open as three point favorites. New Orleans supporters will have to lay 10.5 points.

skyhawk
01-02-2012, 09:12 PM
It won't be 8 points by Satuday. 7 or less is my guess.

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Interesting that the Houston/Cincy and Giants/Falcons are both 3 point spreads. Since they typically give 3 points for home field advantage, that means that those two matchups would be considered to be essentially even on a neutral field.

skyhawk
01-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Interesting that the Houston/Cincy and Giants/Falcons are both 3 point spreads. Since they typically give 3 points for home field advantage, that means that those two matchups would be considered to be essentially even on a neutral field.

Even more interesting that Denver prolly gets a 4 point HFA rather than a 3.

hawaiiansteel
01-03-2012, 12:13 AM
It won't be 8 points by Satuday. 7 or less is my guess.

:Agree

ROLROC
01-03-2012, 11:27 PM
up to 9 at some books...

Oviedo
01-04-2012, 10:05 AM
up to 9 at some books...

That's crazy given we just lost our starting RB, our QB is playing, our offense has underperformed for the past several weeks and we won't have our starting free safety.

IMO this game will be much closer than any of us want it to be. The Denver defense has played at a high level several times this season and given our inconsistency on offense and Ben being less than 100% that is a bad combination.

SteelAbility
01-04-2012, 11:24 AM
up to 9 at some books...

That's crazy given we just lost our starting RB, our QB is playing, our offense has underperformed for the past several weeks and we won't have our starting free safety.

IMO this game will be much closer than any of us want it to be. The Denver defense has played at a high level several times this season and given our inconsistency on offense and Ben being less than 100% that is a bad combination.

Yes, but Denver has been on a serious decline, starting with the 2nd quarter of their game with New England. I see them hanging 10 points tops on the Steelers with lots of 3 and outs. I expect their D to be plum wore out in the 4th Q and, while not necessarily giving up lots of points, allowing sustained drives that either result in FGs or deny good field position.

I also agree with Troy spying Tebow. He has the speed to shut that down. Tebow will have to have a spectacular (for Tebow) throwing day to beat the Steelers. I also think Cotchery will really step up and help Ben as a possession receiver.

I'll go with Steelers 20, Broncos 10. I don't bet, but if I had to I would take the Steelers and give the points.

skyhawk
01-04-2012, 06:20 PM
The Steelers have not covered the spread at least 5 times this year. There at LEAST three time I considered putting money on the game and wish I did. I don't make bets against my team, but I thought about it, and was right on three occasions.

Could this be one of them??