PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs week 2...would you rather.....

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-02-2012, 03:48 AM
Let us hope that we come out of Denver both with a win and healthy. Then what????

What result would you rather see? Houston wins and we go to NE, or Cincy wins and we travel to Baltimore?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-02-2012, 03:57 AM
Interesting thoughts on this one.

We beat New England once this season, Baltimore beat us twice.

New England has a strong offense and awful D, Baltimore has a strong D with an average offense.

New England is 7-1 at home, Baltimore is 8-0

Both cities are likely to have bad weather conditions in January

New England gave up big first half points in the last two weeks and came from behind from 17 and 21 to win, Baltimore held tight with two division rivals the past two weeks to win

Baltimore has a strong running game and poor QB play, NE has strong QB play and a weak running game

Chances are that we will have to go through both cities, the real question might be who would you rather face first?

With that being said I will go with Baltimore first. The biggest difference is that there is a chance that we play a home game if Cincy advances. If they don't then we probably face both teams and I'd rather not give Baltimore a chance to gain confidence with a win over an ailing Houston team.

flippy
01-02-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm rooting for a Pitt / Cincy AFCC.

Wilkinsburg
01-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Most likely going to have to beat both to go to SB. I think Baltimore is the overall better team this year but NE is still better coached and even though we got Brady once this year, he is still the bane of our existence. The guys have given themselves a really tough road to travel and they are not playing like they were at the end of 05 when they made the run from the 6th seed. The best case scenario is obviously for Cincy to win 2 games and come to Pitt for AFCC...since I don't think that will happen...I would rather go to NE first and maybe we can play our way out of this funk before the championship game.

Oviedo
01-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I want to rip the heart out of the Ravens in the AFC Championship game on their home field.

fordfixer
01-02-2012, 12:46 PM
I want to rip the heart out of the Ravens in the AFC Championship game on their home field.
:Agree

JAR
01-02-2012, 01:09 PM

Me too...

fezziwig
01-02-2012, 01:40 PM

Me too...

Me 3

Discipline of Steel
01-02-2012, 02:05 PM
With that being said I will go with Baltimore first. The biggest difference is that there is a chance that we play a home game if Cincy advances. If they don't then we probably face both teams and I'd rather not give Baltimore a chance to gain confidence with a win over an ailing Houston team.

I think this route gives us a better chance to advance to the Super Bowl. Ravens cant beat us again, rather catch them rusty after a bye week. Cincy could beat NE* but i dont think the Texans will beat Balt, in fact, the Texans will be one and done. We will be headed to Balt.

pittpete
01-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Rather play Balt than NE. :ratsuck

eniparadoxgma
01-03-2012, 12:14 PM

Me too...

Me 3

Add me to the list. We already took down the Pasterisks.

steelz09
01-03-2012, 12:22 PM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":10h7hw2x]With that being said I will go with Baltimore first. The biggest difference is that there is a chance that we play a home game if Cincy advances. If they don't then we probably face both teams and I'd rather not give Baltimore a chance to gain confidence with a win over an ailing Houston team.

I think this route gives us a better chance to advance to the Super Bowl. Ravens cant beat us again, rather catch them rusty after a bye week. Cincy could beat NE* but i dont think the Texans will beat Balt, in fact, the Texans will be one and done. We will be headed to Balt.[/quote:10h7hw2x]

My heart is telling me the Ravens can't beat us again. My mind is telling me that they are the best team in the AFC right now. :shock:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm feeling this:

Steelers over Broncos
Bengals over Texans

Steelers at Ravens
Bengals at Pats

NW Steeler
01-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm feeling this:

Steelers over Broncos
Bengals over Texans

Steelers at Ravens
Bengals at Pats

Does anyone REALLY think that we can make it to the SB with the amount of injuries we have and our maddening offense? It just seems like it isnt in the cards this year. But I also cant see NE in the SB this year with their sh!t D, and I think that Flacco will have a meltdown at some point in the playoffs.
I am really concerned about the losses of Lewis and Cortez Allen.

costanza2k1
01-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I think Baltimore has to be first just so Cortez Allen can heal up more, we will need him against NE.

fezziwig
01-03-2012, 06:05 PM
There's alway one or two upsets in the playoffs and I think this will add to the Steelers furtunes.