PDA

View Full Version : I still really enjoy the Cowboys losing

Ghost
01-02-2012, 12:32 AM
I know they have not been relevant for many years and certainly the rivalry is gone from where it was back in the days of Noll and Landry but it still made me happy to watch them get knocked out of the playoffs tonight.

Starlifter
01-02-2012, 12:33 AM
I know they have not been relevant for many years and certainly the rivalry is gone from where it was back in the days of Noll and Landry but it still made me happy to watch them get knocked out of the playoffs tonight.

I agree. There really is nothing bad that can EVER result from the cowboys missing the playoffs....

DukieBoy
01-02-2012, 12:36 AM
It IS sweet, isn't it!

I'd love to see the playoffs free of all the Ryans and the Harbaughs, the sooner the better.

fordfixer
01-02-2012, 12:51 AM
:Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree

DHSF
01-02-2012, 12:56 AM
I have to agree. It isn't as satisfying as it used to be, but I still love to see the Cowgirls lose.

hawaiiansteel
01-02-2012, 01:28 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/18/129083499725814814.jpg

flippy
01-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Hopefully NYG can knock some of the big dogs in the NFC off their high horse.

Oviedo
01-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Anytime Jerry Jones' smug, arrogant mouth has to talk about his media creation team losing is a good day. The Cowboys have been frauds on the field for most of the past decade. I'll give Jones credit for being better at selecting media and public relations talent than he is at selecting players because he sucks at the latter.

DukieBoy
01-02-2012, 06:01 PM
And really still enjoying it this day after.

Discipline of Steel
01-02-2012, 08:24 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/18/129083499725814814.jpg

You know, looking at this picture, id be willing to say that JJ is next in line to bear the mantle of NFL CryptKeeper...now that Al Davis has passed on. Too soon?

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2012, 09:08 PM
http://img.fannation.com/upload/truth_rumor/photo_upload/467/75/full/jerryjonesStreeter_Lecka.jpg

After all of his facelifts, I'd think he's more in line to be the next Wayne Newton.

ROLROC
01-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Absolutely...especially if you grew up watching football as a kid in the 70s. As a Steelers fan, you just hated the Cowboys.

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2012, 09:46 PM
The Cowboys and Raiders will always be considered enemies to the Steelers, but I don't think it's to the degree it once was. Our biggest rivals will always be in-division (Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland) and I also have a worse taste in my mouth when I think of New England and the Jets now as well.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-02-2012, 10:10 PM
I have some Cowboys friends here and this is a sweet time of year. Here is an exerpt of an email I received today:

I canít even begin to get into the Cowboys, but they continue to do it to me every time and at this point itís just embarrassing as a fan.

This guy is a diehard. Lives here in Toronto, has Cowboys seasons tickets and goes to three or four games a year there, and was also at the opening game in NY against the Jets when they coughed the game away.

I just find it hilarious how much the league pumps up the Cowboys and their whole division while that is the worst division not named "West" in football.

flippy
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM
The best part about the Cowboys is they'd be in the playoffs if they didn't ice their own kicker a few weeks back.

eniparadoxgma
01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
http://img.fannation.com/upload/truth_rumor/photo_upload/467/75/full/jerryjonesStreeter_Lecka.jpg

After all of his facelifts, I'd think he's more in line to be the next Wayne Newton.

I'm also all for the Cowgirls sucking at every given opportunity. Still hate 'em.

A little OT, but I'd rather ol' Jerry turn into Wayne Newton than Dick Clark. You guys see him on NYE? Was he hammered drunk on gin and tonics or so old that it's hard for him to talk coherently? Either way at this point he looks like the crypt keeper. Time to move on. /hijack

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2012, 01:36 PM

I'm also all for the Cowgirls sucking at every given opportunity. Still hate 'em.

A little OT, but I'd rather ol' Jerry turn into Wayne Newton than bad word Clark. You guys see him on NYE? Was he hammered drunk on gin and tonics or so old that it's hard for him to talk coherently? Either way at this point he looks like the crypt keeper. Time to move on. /hijack

Clark had a pretty severe stroke a few years ago.

eniparadoxgma
01-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Wasn't aware of that. Thanks. That does make sense though. While I appreciate his looong career I still think that was painful to watch and just bad television.

Anyhow, lol @ Jerry Jones and the rest of the Cowgirls. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Wasn't aware of that. Thanks. That does make sense though. While I appreciate his looong career I still think that was painful to watch and just bad television.

Anyhow, lol @ Jerry Jones and the rest of the Cowgirls. :tt2

Yeah for a guy who didn't seem to age at all in 30 something years, that stroke seemed to advance all of those years in one fell swoop. It's somewhat sad to see him like that (but even sadder that there is no one better than "Seacrest Out" to take his place).