PDA

View Full Version : Is it fair to say ?

fezziwig
01-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Is it fair to say that our Steelers have their troubles despite the 12-4 record and making the playoffs ?

I'm happy with the defense but the offense is just ugly. Our defense won't be able to keep every team limited to extra points, one or two touch downs and what have you and especially in the playoffs and on the road.

As much as I hate Arians I truly believed our offense this year was going to break all Steeler records this season but they can't seem to get on track. The only time I remember them really clicking was against the Cheats.
They stumble and fumble their way through the games and it just isn't going to be enough playing in the playoffs or the Super Bowl if we make it that far.
Ben and his receivers seem so out of sync. Bens accuracy seems out of wack too and that has been going on to me, much of the season.
Sadly, I expect the Steelers to play at the level of the Broncos this weekend and that scrares me.

One major factor that would help is to, STOP TURNING THE BALL OVER !

Steelers>NFL
01-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Is it fair to say that our Steelers have their troubles despite the 12-4 record and making the playoffs ?

I'm happy with the defense but the offense is just ugly. Our defense won't be able to keep every team limited to extra points, one or two touch downs and what have you and especially in the playoffs and on the road.

As much as I hate Arians I truly believed our offense this year was going to break all Steeler records this season but they can't seem to get on track. The only time I remember them really clicking was against the Cheats.
They stumble and fumble their way through the games and it just isn't going to be enough playing in the playoffs or the Super Bowl if we make it that far.
Ben and his receivers seem so out of sync. Bens accuracy seems out of wack too and that has been going on to me, much of the season.
Sadly, I expect the Steelers to play at the level of the Broncos this weekend and that scrares me.

Agree! Offense is so very inconsisant, and at times enemic to watch. It is like getting a colonosopy when watching this offense sometimes.

sd steel
01-02-2012, 12:48 AM
It's the same as it always is. QB threw for 4000 yards, two receivers over 1000 yards, a 2 down back ran for close to 1000 yards. We went 12-4 and although some might say our schedule is easy we beat the number 1 seed, and 2 other teams from our division also made the playoffs.

The offense seems inconsistent because Ben is always injured our line isn't that good and Ben's style of backyard play leads to great comebacks and exciting football, but it also leads to inconsistency.

If we put a couple of good games together we can win everything, if we don't we are going to see some ugly games like today...which we still could win. I'm happy where we sit. Yes we could be better, but no one at the Steelers front office ever returns my calls regarding being the OC.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-02-2012, 03:44 AM
We are singing a much different tune if we just convert more in the red zone and turned the ball over less. The big question is how easy or hard is it to make that happen. Is it something that we can change as we enter the playoffs without our #1 RB and two practice squad backups, an injured QB, hobbled C, possibly injured LG?

Or is there a big fundamental flaw with our O that will require at least an off-season to fix?

Think about some of these TO stats:

Week 17 lose TO battle 2-1 WIN
Week 16 lose TO battle 1-0 WIN
Week 15 lose TO battle 4-0 LOSE
Week 14 lose TO battle 3-2 WIN
Week 13 win TO battle 2-0 WIN - we haven't forced more TOs since WEEK 13!!!!!

And the most frustrating part is that many of these are fumbles, not picks. Fix that ASAP and have a chance to go deep into the playoffs. Don't and go home early.

Simple.

fezziwig
01-02-2012, 09:04 AM
With reman and his two fumbles last night, you know the Broncos will go after the ball with him.

I doubt Ryan Clark will be playing but, I have a lot of faith in Mundy.

On the road, a tough defense, our offense being banged up, Arians is our OC, a kicker that has a wooden leg. Another ugly game and will be a tough win for us.

skyhawk
01-02-2012, 09:15 PM

And it would be nice for the D to get a turnover for a change. A franchise low 4 fumble recoveries this year.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Yes we could be better, but no one at the Steelers front office ever returns my calls regarding being the OC.

Arians has sabotaged the phones.