PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts, incl. Hines' 1000th

winwithd
01-01-2012, 10:10 PM
It definitely looked to me like BA was trying to get Hines those 5 catches. I didn't like the play that he got it on. I'd have rather seen a quick slant in. I did like the fake run and pass to Hines for 9 yards early in the game. I think it was the play he tried to jump over the tackler. Too bad we didn't see plays like more often this year. I wish he could have had one more TD to give him 86 (his number). Corny, yes, but I was hoping. Plus we could have used another score. Fortunately we won and Hines got his milestone.

Is there something wrong with Wallace? He looked out of it tonight. I know people say he is getting double-teamed and drawing coverage deep to open things up underneath. Has he had any good games since the bye week? We need him to do something if we are going to win in the playoffs. Meanwhile AB is tearing it up.

Sucked to see Cortez get hurt. At least Cribbs didn't kill us in the return game without C Brown and then Cortez Allen?

Did anyone else cringe on EVERY FG attempt after the Suisham miss tonight? The wind and his kicking had me nervous on the other two, even on the 19 yarder.

Anyone else see Kemo's late hit in the 4th after a run play? I was afraid a flag was going to come out. This knucklehead still hasn't learned. I sure hope Legs and Foster are healthy for next week.

Defense is #1 in total defense, pass defense, and points allowed. And this without Woodley for basically the second half of the year. Hopefully he is full strength from here on out.

At least Ben didn't take many shots today.

Did Gilbert have a bad game today? Im not always good at judging the line play, but he seemed to stand out to me today, and not in a good way.

SteelAbility
01-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Another random though. I had to watch online. From what I saw it looked like Ben was moving pretty well. But the online quality isn't great so it's hard to tell. Was it pretty good movement or was that just an online mirage?

winwithd
01-01-2012, 10:26 PM
I thought he did move pretty well and the color commentary guy mentioned a couple of times how Ben extended the play. A couple of times I thought he maybe would have run it if he were healthier. I dont know if it affected his throwing at all, but he looked fairly mobile in the pocket. Good point. I think they said at one point Ben said before the game he thought he was about 60% today.

flippy
01-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Ben moved well, but looked scared to get hurt. He could have easily ran for some first downs and didn't. And he really seemed to be rushing it to get rid of the ball a couple times. Very un Ben like.

fordfixer
01-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Ben moved well, but looked scared to get hurt. He could have easily ran for some first downs and didn't. And he really seemed to be rushing it to get rid of the ball a couple times. Very un Ben like.
Why hurt your self when your al ready in the playoffs

flippy
01-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Why hurt your self when your al ready in the playoffs

Ben's not that smart. He only knows one way to play. Just makes me think he's really hurting.

grotonsteel
01-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Did anyone see Stains Mascot Dawg chewing Terrible Towel and wiping his armpit with TT??

P.S: Congratulation Hines..!!! :tt2

eniparadoxgma
01-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Anyone else see Kemo's late hit in the 4th after a run play? I was afraid a flag was going to come out. This knucklehead still hasn't learned. I sure hope Legs and Foster are healthy for next week.

x2. Saw that and thought it was going to cost us yet again.

RuthlessBurgher
01-08-2012, 05:30 PM
During the pregame show, they just mentioned that Hines Ward's 88 playoff catches (in 17 games) are second all time to Jerry Rice's 151 (in 29 games). This year, in 15 games, he caught 46 passes (just a hair over 3 per game). If we make it back to the Super Bowl (i.e. play 4 playoff games this year), and Hines averages those same 3 catches per game that he averaged this season, that would give him 12 more playoff catches total. How cool would it be to get his 100th playoff catch in the Super Bowl in the same season you got your 1000th regular season catch in your last regular season game. He'd almost have to retire with that symmetry...it would just be too cool to have those as your final career stats.