PDA

View Full Version : I have three answers to your Steelers playoff....

JDSteeler
12-31-2011, 02:14 PM
question...

"How can the Steelers get to the Superbowl, and WIN a 7th Lombardi??

The answer is, a combination of a few things, as well as, a little bit of luck.

Playoffs are different that the regular season. In the Playoff, each and every
offensive and defensive series is HUGE. Unlike the regular season, taking advantage
of the smallest opportunity, is extremely important. Points of anykind are at a premium,
and the team that score more, as we all know, wins.

The 2011 Steelers have only 14 takeways this season. This is the lowest total in
NFL history!!! The fact that the Steelers are 12-4, (Steelers 27 Clowns 12), and
in the playoffs with a -15, or whatever it is, is absolutelty amazing!!

This fact, or lack thereof, is problematic. The Steelers offense has to work harder to
score. Defensive turnovers create points, and points are the most important aspect
of the game.

To aid in the Steelers run toward a 7th Superbowl, it is of parimount importance to
get some freaking turnovers!!!! Make some friggin plays, that result in the other team
making a mistake that gives the Steelers the freaking ball. Give Ben and this offense
the ball, deep in the opponents end, and take it to the house!!!!

Of course, the opposite can be said. The Steelers offense has to be attacking, and
disciplined. The offense cannot turnover the ball!!!

That leads me to the next most important thing for the Steelers. Ben and company need
to get it done!!!

This offense, regardless of Hot Garbage Arianus, has to get TD's and not FG's. This offense, imho, can be a friggin machine, if they want to be!!!!

I've been a Mendy-Hater, and a Redman-Homer most of the season. Like many of you,
I see Mendy as a Stutter-Step, spin-move, speed-guy that goes down after first contact
type RB. I see Redman as a straight, forward, lower-the-head, run-over-you type RB.

I prefer Redman.

However, I seen Mendy changing, and changing for the better. Maybe he heard me yelling at him thru the TV!!! I don't know, but he's running harder, stronger, and running thru first contact. He's also protecting the ball!! This is the guy, out of all the guys, imho, that could CARRY the offense into the Bowl. The question, for me is, can he got HOT, and I mean FLAMING HOT, in the playoffs?

I really believe that the coaching staff has limited his carries for one reason...The Playoffs!!!!!

Of course, there is only one problem with this...The Hairy-Anus, and the RUTFM!!!

I'm gonna believe, even if I have no reason to, that the offense is working at devising
an ALL-NEW, EXCITING, and CREATIVE running game!!! Just for the Playoffs!!!!

Wouldnt it be crazy to think, that the Air Attack changes into a Ground and Pound???

I'm not one for changing the entire offense, but I'm definitely in for some diversity.

The Steelers, imho, are potentially the only team that can truly be balanced, both running and passing!!

It would be a really nice story if Mendy could make-up for his fumble in SB XLV!!

Could Mendy make a run at MVP??? Only time will tell, but it would be great!!!

Turnovers, QB Play, and the "HOT" guy are my three answers to your question!!

Here we go, Steelers, here we go!!!!

JD

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Discipline of Steel
12-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Plausible idea that no one has thought of yet :Clap

Would love to see the RUNNING game carry us through :)

SteelAbility
12-31-2011, 02:55 PM
I agree to a great extent. To be 11-4 with -15 TO differential is amazing and an indicator of a team that can really control LOS.

I have noticed that Mendy is running with more power and is not going down on first contact. I think he can be a superstar in this playoff run. That being said, I'd much rather see Redman down inside the 10 than Mendy.

Another thing. Ben has been big time in the playoffs. I always feel good with Ben under center in the playoffs. The Steelers have yet to score under 20 in a playoff game with Ben and are averaging a bit under 27 a game. Also, in their three losses with Ben, they have scored 27, 29 and 26. I like those odds.

If this team even breaks even with the TOs, I seriously like their chances.

fezziwig
12-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Great post JDSteeler.

The biggest problem I have seen with this team is injury with Harrison and Woodley, Arians being a joke of a coach and Ben throwing too many picks.

Healthy Harrison and Woodley could cause our turnovers on defense to happen.

Ben could or can correct his ball control.

Arians will never change. The ****er can't use his brain.

I would like to see Wallce fight for the ball a bit more also.

pittpete
12-31-2011, 06:47 PM
The offense cannot turnover the ball!!!
THIS WILL GET US BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

flippy
12-31-2011, 09:25 PM
JD, sometimes I think I hear you yelling thru my tv.

JDSteeler
12-31-2011, 10:38 PM

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would love watching a game with me....that's for sure!!!

JD

BradshawsHairdresser
01-01-2012, 01:03 AM

Sometimes I hear voices, angry, yelling voices, about BA and stupid play calling... and sometimes, I hear them when the TV isn't even on...

...Could it be JD?

JDSteeler
01-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Well, so much for the Mendenhall theory...Looks like we gonna need RED to take
us to the promised-land.

It's pretty obvious to me and probably all of you, that there is no "Secret" plan for
running the freaking ball!!!

I'm about to throw my idea, out the window, but after I see what happens in Denver.

However, they have run the ball for over 160-yards in last two games...

The Steelers, in my eyes, are not playing angry, as I want them to play. If you can't play angry, with a chip on your shoulder about something, the other team will.

Let's get out of Denver with a win, and in one piece. Then we'd be going to Baltiwhore
for WWIII, cuz I don't see the Texans beating the Bungs with Delhomme. I'm sure we wouldn't need any extra motivation, but it would be nice if the rats talked some sh!t during the week prior to the game...

Go Red Go!!

JD