PDA

View Full Version : Ronde Barber

flippy
12-30-2011, 11:05 AM
He's leaving Tampa if they fire Raheem Morris which could be very possible.

Wonder if he'll reunite with Tomlin in Pittsburgh. I know he's old, but I bet he could play some FS for a year or 2 until we can groom a younger player for the position.

RuthlessBurgher
12-30-2011, 11:10 AM
:?

Let's see...the choices are a 32 year old Ryan Clark who has played FS for his whole life and knows our defense inside and out, or a 36 year old Ronde Barber who has never played FS and has been in a fundamentally different defense than ours for his entire career. I think I'd favor Clark here, just by a smidge.

Slapstick
12-30-2011, 11:16 AM
The two defenses aren't as different, especially in the secondary, as one might think...

Also, isn't Barber the most successful blitzing CB in the history of the NFL?

Would you rather have Barber or William Gay? Barber or McFadden?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Only if he comes with a time machine.

RuthlessBurgher
12-30-2011, 02:34 PM
The two defenses aren't as different, especially in the secondary, as one might think...

Also, isn't Barber the most successful blitzing CB in the history of the NFL?

Would you rather have Barber or William Gay? Barber or McFadden?

Between Gay, Barber, and McFadden, the answer is Gay (and it ain't close).

pittpete
12-30-2011, 02:40 PM
We dont want anyone elses seniors, we have our own... :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
12-30-2011, 02:50 PM

Ronde Barber might be willing to sign a vet minimum deal, but signing Jigawatts as well might be cost-prohibitive. :wink:

fezziwig
12-30-2011, 06:40 PM
To me our defense is old enough, no need to bring in a guy that for most players ready to or should retire at that age or sooner.

Snatch98
12-30-2011, 10:34 PM
We have Ryan Clark and I doubt Ronde is going to want to play on the Steelers as a back up. I'm still trying to figure out why people think Clark is some kind of weakness. He's been really stout all year.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-31-2011, 02:33 AM
If Ronde came to the Steelers, I might seriously consider changing my name to "Barber's Hairdresser"...

...Nah. :lol:

AngryAsian
12-31-2011, 10:54 AM

Maybe because I've been up since yesterday 2pm and probably real slap happy... But the above noted comment has had me literally LMAO... my wide thinks I'm a loon.

fordfixer
12-31-2011, 01:11 PM

Maybe because I've been up since yesterday 2pm and probably real slap happy... But the above noted comment has had me literally LMAO... my wide thinks I'm a loon.
Now I think your a dead man after your wife see's that you called her wide :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
12-31-2011, 01:49 PM

Now I think your a dead man after your wife see's that you called her wide :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone tell our Asian friend that he is supposed to confuse the "R" and "L" sound, not the "F" and "D" sound. :x :lol:

SteelAbility
12-31-2011, 03:14 PM
If Ronde came to the Steelers, I might seriously consider changing my name to "Barber's Hairdresser"...

...Nah. :lol:

How 'bout "Bradshaw's Barber" ??? :P

flippy
12-31-2011, 09:29 PM
I only posted this because last offseason was all about his brother becoming a Steeler.