PDA

View Full Version : Brown, Gilbert and Farrior

JAR
12-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Antonio Brown was voted by his teammates as winner of the 2011 Steelers MVP Award.

Gilbert was Steelers Rookie of the Year

and Farrior won the Chief Award for being nice to the media.

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Antonio Brown was voted by his teammates as winner of the 2011 Steelers MVP Award.

Antonio Brown as team MVP as voted upon by the players themselves??? Wow...congrats, kid.

JAR
12-29-2011, 01:30 PM

Antonio Brown as team MVP as voted upon by the players themselves??? Wow...congrats, kid.

I know, surprising, but deserving.

flippy
12-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Chris Kemoeatu was a close second in the voting.

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Chris Kemoeatu was a close second in the voting.

Of course, that particular MVP vote was for Most Vulgar Physique. :wink:

Steelers>NFL
12-29-2011, 09:57 PM

Who else would it be? He is the best choice.

Oviedo
12-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Resigning Brown is becoming harder as each week passes.

Who is REALLY more valuable Brown or Wallace????????

fezziwig
12-29-2011, 11:08 PM
I bet you Gilbert thought ahhh, I'm in Tomlins doghouse but, my buddies still love me.

pittpete
12-29-2011, 11:20 PM
I love Brown, but he had only 2 TD's
Wallace had 8
Just playing devils advocate here. :stirpot

hawaiiansteel
12-30-2011, 03:24 AM

Who else would it be? He is the best choice.

I would have voted for Ike Taylor.

flippy
12-30-2011, 07:30 AM
I would have voted for Max. Prior to the SF game of course. But I thought Max made a huge difference in this team.

RuthlessBurgher
12-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Resigning Brown is becoming harder as each week passes.

Who is REALLY more valuable Brown or Wallace????????

When do we ever sign guys to long term deals after the second season of their rookie contracts?

If this was a big worry, wouldn't they be looking at extending Maurkice Pouncey after his second year, since he has gone from the 2nd string AFC Pro Bowl center (behind Mangold) as a rookie to the starting AFC Pro Bowl center (ahead of Mangold) in year two. Meanwhile, Brown made the Pro Bowl as a returner, not as a wide receiver. If you are so hell-bent on signing young players to big money deals now instead of taking advantage of the fact that we get them cheaply for a few years on rookie deals, wouldn't your focus be on Pouncey before Brown?

fezziwig
12-30-2011, 12:23 PM
I would have voted for Max. Prior to the SF game of course. But I thought Max made a huge difference in this team.

I agree. Max has allowed for some ease of mind at that position. I do have to agree that Ike equally deserved the award too. Nice to know that there are plenty of guys on the team that could be considered.

Shoe
12-30-2011, 01:01 PM
I like what Max did too, but c'mon... you can't get your a$s handed to you by a rookie on national TV and be the team MVP as far as I'm concerned. Ike is sympathetic for team MVP, but he didn't do enough IMO either. I think AB is the MVP on merit... besides the QB, who could basically be MVP every year.

fezziwig
12-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah, Max did get schooled by the young pup