PDA

View Full Version : Browns say they won’t go after James Harrison

hawaiiansteel
12-29-2011, 03:01 AM
Browns say they won’t go after James Harrison

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 28, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/c-mccoyflying-e1324050563704.jpg?w=218

Pittsburgh linebacker James Harrison isn’t the most popular man in Cleveland, where he’ll be visiting for the Week 17 Steelers-Browns game. But just because the Browns may not like Harrison, that doesn’t mean they’re planning to target him as any type of revenge for Harrison’s head shot on Colt McCoy.

Browns coach Pat Shurmur was surprised by the question when asked today whether he thought his players would be going after Harrison.

“What do you want them to do, start a fight?” Shurmur said, via FOXSportsOhio.com. “What I want my guys to do is play fast and physical from the snap to the whistle.”

Browns receiver Greg Little said he doesn’t expect any of his offensive teammates to be blocking Harrison any differently than they block anyone else in any other game.

“I don’t think we should go about this game with personal vendettas,” Little said. “The optimal goal is to win the game, not try to take a cheap shot on guys.”

That’s what the league office will want to hear. Harrison has already been suspended for his shot on McCoy. If a Browns player goes after him, that player may be suspended for the first game of the 2012 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -harrison/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/28/browns-say-they-wont-go-after-james-harrison/)

rpmpit
12-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Have to laugh at this. Its sorta like a bunch of cats saying they're not going to go after a Rottweiler.

Discipline of Steel
12-29-2011, 08:02 AM
“What do you want them to do, start a fight?” Shurmur said

Kinda have to agree RPM :P

Sugar
12-29-2011, 09:50 AM
While I'm sure the Browns have some fairly tough and athletic men on their team, going after James Harrison is one sure way to get your @$$ handed to you. If their goal is to get James suspended for the playoffs or something, I suppose going after him would be ideal. However, in the interest of winning the game or simple personal saftey it's just not a good idea.

phillyesq
12-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Something tells that Massaquoi and Cribbs, at least, will look to avoid Harrison.

ikestops85
12-29-2011, 11:40 AM
I looked at the thread title and started to get worried. I thought it meant Harrison was a free agent and the Browns were saying they weren't interested. :)

I'm not worried about Deebo taking care of himself on a football field. I'd feel sorry for any Brown's player who decided to go after him.

fordfixer
12-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Have to laugh at this. Its sorta like a bunch of cats saying they're not going to go after a Rottweiler.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Discipline of Steel
12-29-2011, 06:09 PM
I looked at the thread title and started to get worried. I thought it meant Harrison was a free agent and the Browns were saying they weren't interested. :)

I'm not worried about Deebo taking care of himself on a football field. I'd feel sorry for any Brown's player who decided to go after him.

Yeah, remember when James Harrison gave Francisco Cardinal the alpha male treatment that time he went after his knees in the Super Bowl?

Discipline of Steel
12-29-2011, 06:10 PM

Yeah, remember when James Harrison gave Francisco Cardinal the alpha male treatment that time he went after his knees in the Super Bowl?

Discipline of Steel
12-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Something tells that Massaquoi and Cribbs, at least, will look to avoid Harrison.

Dont forget Colt McCoy on that list. If Colt plays scared this game, James Harrison may just have won TWO games with that one hit. Worth a suspension i think...I mean he was bound to be suspended this year anyway....

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2011, 07:58 PM

Dont forget Colt McCoy on that list. If Colt plays scared this game, James Harrison may just have won TWO games with that one hit. Worth a suspension i think...I mean he was bound to be suspended this year anyway....

Colt hasn't practiced since we last played the Browns...Seneca Wallace will get the start for Cleveland.

fezziwig
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
They said they aren't going after Harrison when asked but, they should have asked if they'll go after Ben to even the score.

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2011, 09:42 PM
They said they aren't going after Harrison when asked but, they should have asked if they'll go after Ben to even the score.

They are the ones who gave Ben the high ankle sprain...damage already done.

Oviedo
12-29-2011, 10:22 PM
One less Stains fan would make the world a better place. What else could we hope for to start the new year?

Since this guy probably lives in his mother's basement I wonder if she knows about this????

fezziwig
12-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Being that it has gotten darker sooner during the winter months, he has more time to post since, the street lights are coming on sooner.