PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2011 Week 16 Rams

redundantman
12-26-2011, 08:59 PM
1. I didnít watch much of this game. Christmas Eve, believe it or not, was largely dominated by my wife and kids Ö imagine the nerve of them.

2. Not having Sunday Ticket, and refusing to go to a sportsbar on Christmas Eve (I only go on Christmas MORNING Ö), I was left with attempting to watch the game online. The internets were busy on Christmas Eve! I couldnít get a connection to stay up.

3. Iíd like to say that this game went as expected but frankly it didnít. Batch was so ineffective the last time we saw him that I figured this game could easily go either way.

4. So Ö I guess Iím saying that the Steelers exceeded my expectations this time! Iím sure they are beside themselves with joy at the thought, much like a bride on her wedding day:

http://img.izismile.com/img/img4/20111008/640/wtf_of_the_day_every_bride_has_such_photos_640_05. jpg
Thatís a funny looking horse Ö

5. I did see the early drive in which the Rams defense went for the strip and gave Charlie the opportunity to do his best Ben Roethlisberger impersonation, duck both defenders and find Mendenhall for a nice 30+ yard gain. It was gratifying to hear the chants of ďCHAR-LIE! CHAR-LIE! ď raining down from the stands.

http://www.steelersgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/charlie-batch.jpg
THIS GUY! THIS GUY! THIS GUY!

6. Life Truth #15: No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes.

7. Nobody is confusing the Rams with the 76 Steelers. Heck nobody is even confusing the Rams with a professional football team. But the Steelers should push a team like this around even with their second string QB.

Do the rams suk? (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080517101736AAVHfrk)
Despite this being posted on Yahoo Answers this still strikes me as a rhetorical question.

8. Now, when you have to play with your second string center itís a tough road. When your team is reduced to having Trai Essex do anything (other than suck balls) you are in serious trouble.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0653/0969/larry_zierlein_crop_340x234.jpg
Hereís Trai getting taken to school by a scrappy young competitor.

9. Thatís my Christmas Bummerô to all you fine fellows (see, and you thought Iíd forget this year didnít you): this team is banged-up and getting banged-upier by the minute. They have zero chance of making it past the Wild Card round.

10. Now I know what you are saying, ďBut R-man, ruler of all message boards and smarter than all of us, last yearís Packers won the Super Bowl with many injured players, oh glorious and exalted one!Ē Foolish earth mortals Ö the Packers are quarterbacked by Aaron Rodgers. Tim Tebow prays to Aaron Rodgers every night (right after he prays to Jesus).

11. On second thought Ö

12. How many games do you see three different running backs score tubs?

13. How many games do you see end ending as a shut-out?

14. How many times do we lament this team playing down to competition rather than dominating them like we think they should?

15. How many times does a backup QB deliver a win?

16. How many times do you get to watch Troy Polamalu diagnose that third down, jump the snap count and drop the heralded Steven Jackson for a 3 yard loss?

17. Heck, even Mike Wallace made an appearance in this game! Where the turkey has he been lately anyway?

18. My new favorite Steeler is Antonio Holmes.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/redundantman/SantonioBrown.jpg
R.I.P. Santonio Brown

19. Seriously, what he did on that fake punt put him over the top in my book. They need to hold onto that guy.

20. Perspective: If it is true that the team is never as good as they look in a win and never as bad as they look in a loss then how do you tell how good (or bad) they are? Body of work, right? The body of work is more than the numbers. I keep rolling this team around trying to develop the proper angle and approach to them but I keep coming back to the same redundant thoughts. There are only a couple of things I know about the 2011-2012 Steelers:
ē This teamís defense needs both Woodley and Polamalu on the field.
ē This teamís offense needs both Ben and Pouncey on the field.
Health and consistency, my friends.

fordfixer
12-27-2011, 02:12 AM
10. Now I know what you are saying, ďBut R-man, ruler of all message boards and smarter than all of us, last yearís Packers won the Super Bowl with many injured players, oh glorious and exalted one!Ē Foolish earth mortals Ö

It seems that some thing has happened to cause your head to swell :lol: :lol:

But nice job anyway :tt1

flippy
12-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Re: #19 - I was thinking I bet Antonio would be a better safety than Troy if he got a shot to play there. He covered 40 yards of field to make that tackle. That was my favorite play of the year to date.

RuthlessBurgher
12-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Re: #19 - I was thinking I bet Antonio would be a better safety than Troy if he got a shot to play there. He covered 40 yards of field to make that tackle. That was my favorite play of the year to date.

Showing the ability to hold a guy short of the sticks in spite of a 40 yard cushion, Antonio Brown will now be playing corner for a LeBeau defense from now on.

ikestops85
12-27-2011, 05:10 PM

Showing the ability to hold a guy short of the sticks in spite of a 40 yard cushion, Antonio Brown will now be playing corner for a LeBeau defense from now on.

Why not? Bellicheat has been using receivers as DBs for years now.