PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay has the Steelers Selecting...

Dee Dub
12-23-2011, 03:14 PM
28---Pittsburgh Steelers Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia

Jones might be headed back to school and outside linebacker is not a big need for the Steelers, but at this point they could afford to use a luxury pick on a player with the skill set to possibly become the team's next great pass-rusher.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont shoot the messenger. :D

RuthlessBurgher
12-23-2011, 03:17 PM
No worries...I can't recall the last time that McShay was right...about anything.

Shoe
12-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Huh?

We have Woodley and Harrison.
And even if you thought you wanted a replacement ready, we have Worilds.
Behind Worilds, we have a kid (Chris Carter) that McShay should know has a world of potential.
And behind all them, Timmons still has the capability.

WTF is he talking about? It's clear he does his draft like I do mine: I leave a guy off, then I have to stick him somewhere, so I just put him wherever I don't know who to put there.

Starlifter
12-23-2011, 04:29 PM
we need linemen. both offense and defense. I'm sorry but that's the weakness on our team. we have difficulties protecting the QB and establishing the run. we are not generating the same pressure as in years past on opposing QB's. that simply has to be the focus.

Chadman
12-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Chadman thinks the selection needs to be a Tackle- either NT or OT, or an EXCELLENT interior OL player.

Failing that, ILB or FS.

steelerkeylargo
12-23-2011, 10:19 PM
No worries...I can't recall the last time that McShay was right...about anything.

:Agree :Cheers

steelz09
12-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Guard, FS, or ILB. I would be happy with any of these in the first round.

DL wouldn't hurt either but there's no way we'll draft another DL in the first unless it's a freak NT that somehow falls to us.

buckeyehoppy
12-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Food for thought from nine other mock drafts (listed in chronological order):

Walter Football: 27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama (updated today)

NFL Draft Scout (Rob Rang): 27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State (updated 12/23)

Big Lead Sports: 27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina (updated 12/23)

Draftek: 29. Pittsburgh Steelers: Vontaze Burfict, SILB, Arizona State (updated 12/22)

NFL Draft Scout (Dane Brugler): 27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State (updated 12/20)

SB Nation:29. Pittsburgh Steelers: Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia (updated 12/12)

Draft Countdown: 31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin (updated 12/11)

NFL Draft Geek: 27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Barrett Jones, G/T, Alabama (updated 12/8)

Bleacher Report: 26. Pittsburgh Steelers: Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia (last update unknown)

The consensus of these mock drafts has us selecting for the OL (shocking, I know). It's mostly too early to zero in on a specific player. These results bear that out (only Cordy Glenn is mentioned more than once).

But we mostly know where our need lies. I think we are going to look at G and ILB as primary needs and FS, NT, OT and OLB as secondaries. Again, too soon to think of specific players.

Discuss...

focosteeler
12-27-2011, 02:02 AM
Just looked through the Walter Football mock, I would be very pleased with it, although if Tony Dye was available in the 3rd I would rather have him

fordfixer
12-27-2011, 02:29 AM

Walter Football: 27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama (updated today)

NFL Draft Scout (Rob Rang): 27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State (updated 12/23)

Big Lead Sports: 27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina (updated 12/23)

Draftek: 29. Pittsburgh Steelers: Vontaze Burfict, SILB, Arizona State (updated 12/22)

NFL Draft Scout (Dane Brugler): 27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State (updated 12/20)

Draft Countdown: 31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin (updated 12/11)

NFL Draft Geek: 27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Barrett Jones, G/T, Alabama (updated 12/8)

Bleacher Report: 26. Pittsburgh Steelers: Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia (last update unknown)

The consensus of these mock drafts has us selecting for the OL (shocking, I know). It's mostly too early to zero in on a specific player. These results bear that out (only Cordy Glenn is mentioned more than once).

But we mostly know where our need lies. I think we are going to look at G and ILB as primary needs and FS, NT, OT and OLB as secondaries. Again, too soon to think of specific players.

Discuss...
They are all wrong the Steelers will have pick 32

flippy
12-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Right now, I'd be looking at the following players knowing the little info I know:

David Decastro - OG - Stanford
Cordy Glenn - OG - Georgia
Peter Konz - C - Wisconsin - of course we'd move him to G
Lamar Miller - RB - Miami - just have a feeling we want a more dynamic running attack and the kid's 20
Donta Hightower - ILB - Alabama
Vontaze Burfict - ILB - Arizona State

I'd go with Vontaze Burfict. The kid is a freak. But he's also a guy we'd typically shy away from. I have a feeling this kid's gonna go down as the Randy Moss of this year's draft class. No one will want to touch him cause of his attitude/immaturity.

But he'll be a beast. And it would make Goodell hate the Steelers even more.

Draft Vontaze as an F U to Goodell.

Harrison + Burfict = Fear + Pain

fezziwig
12-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Chadman thinks the selection needs to be a Tackle- either NT or OT, or an EXCELLENT interior OL player.

Failing that, ILB or FS.

x2

StarSpangledSteeler
12-27-2011, 03:09 PM

Discuss...

Nice work Buckeye. Our biggest immediate need is LG but the difference in talent between the guards at 1.32 is not that much different than the talent at 2.32 or even 3.32. I don't see a Hutchinson or a Faneca or even a Pouncey available in that range. Again I'm not saying there aren't any LG's who are "worth it", I'm saying there isn't much drop off. The real value in the first round (as of right now) appears to be at OT and ILB.

Guys like: Burfict, Keuchly, Hightower, Reddick all present solid value.

Guys like: Sanders, Adams, Fluker all present solid value.

It looks like 2-3 of them should be available. I personally want Sanders. People always complain about having no good OT's still out there when we pick. Sanders is a very good OT. Extremely athletic and strong and has hands like velcro.

Shoe
12-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Burfict is a Rob Ryan/Baltimore Ravens type player--more bark than bite.