PDA

View Full Version : OK, I will say it

pittpete
12-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Arians needs to go.
Mike, grow a FN pair and fire this genius or you can go with him.
P.S Take D.Johnson all 300 pounds of him with you.
Tell Bruce its not you its me.
:HeadBanger
Offensive Total Points Scored NFL Rank 5 Year AVG. NFL Rank 14
2011--22nd
2010--12th
2009---7th
2008--20th
2007---9th
Offensive Total Yards NFL Rank 5 Year AVG. 14.4
2011--12th
2010--14th
2009---7th
2008--22nd
2007--17th
Any wonder why this moron has never been coveted by any NFL team for a headcoaching stint.
Average Arians at best.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Arians needs to go.
2011--22nd
2010--12th
2009---7th
2008--20th
2007---9th
2011--12th
2010--14th
2009---7th
2008--22nd
2007--17th
Any wonder why this moron has never been coveted by any NFL team for a headcoaching stint.
Average Arians at best.

Not to even mention red zone scoring.

Pete, you are right about this...but allow me to predict some of the responses that you will get:

"Arians isn't that bad of an OC."
"We won a Super Bowl with him."
"It's all on the players--they keep failing to execute."

sd steel
12-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Being ranked 14th isn't really that bad considering our division and our strength of schedule the last 5 years, and having the #1 or #2 ranked defense is a recipe for Division Championships, playoff success, and Super Bowl appearances.

If our offense was ranked higher we would win the Super Bowl every year and never lose, we would basically have no competition...what fun would that be? :)

sd steel
12-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Arians needs to go.
2011--22nd
2010--12th
2009---7th
2008--20th
2007---9th
2011--12th
2010--14th
2009---7th
2008--22nd
2007--17th
Average Arians at best.

Well, I agree with you, but allow me to predict some of the responses that you will get to this post:

"Arians isn't that bad of an OC."
"We won a Super Bowl with him."
"It's all on the players--they keep failing to execute."

You got me!! But you know when he was looking up the stats he was hoping we were ranked in the 20's. :lol:

BradshawsHairdresser
12-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Being ranked 14th isn't really that bad considering our division and our strength of schedule the last 5 years, and having the #1 or #2 ranked defense is a recipe for Division Championships, playoff success, and Super Bowl appearances.

If our offense was ranked higher we would win the Super Bowl every year and never lose, we would basically have no competition...what fun would that be? :)
Win the Super Bowl every year? I'd be up for that kind of fun! :lol:

pittpete
12-20-2011, 09:23 PM
I dont care what people say, this is what i feel.
This team needs a new OC next year.
When we win, its usually because of Ben scrambling or making a ply.
Does anyone honestly ever say wow, that was a well designed offensive play or wow that was a perfect time to run that play.
Even Gruden said last night "what a horrible route distribution on Bens first pick.
A man that insists on having D.Johnson on the field for 75% of the night should be beat.
He confuses his own players with his overthought personnel changes and substitutions then outwitting the opposition.
There is not a whole lot of play creativity being seen here week after week, we seem to come out flat after the half and we can never finish lately.
Start fresh and let Ben sulk.
Might just extend his career a few more years.

sd steel
12-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Does anyone honestly ever say wow, that was a well designed offensive play or wow that was a perfect time to run that play.
Even Gruden said last night "what a horrible route distribution on Bens first pick.
A man that insists on having D.Johnson on the field for 75% of the night should be beat.
He confuses his own players with his overthought personnel changes and substitutions then outwitting the opposition.
There is not a whole lot of play creativity being seen here week after week, we seem to come out flat after the half and we can never finish lately.

I think the play that Gruden was talking about, (the interception) someone ran the wrong route. I don't disagree that Arians is bad, but Norv Turner has sucked all year in SD, yet he put together a perfect game for the Ravens, and Arians play calling for the Pats** game was perfect. That being said, how bad is Lebeau? I mean if you have ever played Madden you know that if you want to beat the Steelers with the Niners all you need to do is hit Vernon Davis on crossing patterns all night.

So yes Arians leaves much to be desired, put so would every other OC who sits in that seat. At least he was in the top half of the league, our next OC could very well be in the low 20's...remember Kevin Gilbridt or old Sherm? Just saying it could be worse.

Starlifter
12-20-2011, 11:17 PM
norv turner may be available pretty soon. I think he's a horrible HC - but there is no doubt he is an offensive mastermind.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I want an OC that can look Ben in the eye and tell him he is playing like crap or making idiotic decisions. That young offensive coach from NE available?

Chadman
12-20-2011, 11:57 PM
It might very well be time to make the move on Arians.

Unlike many of you, Chadman doesn't really have a problem with BA- even his reluctance to play a FB.

He's never had the luxury of an OL that can actually block, so his running game has continually suffered as a result.

That said- Chadman believes in things going stale- and from the looks of it, the Steelers O migt be in danger of just that. The players are there, but we are not really seeing them exceed themselves as much as we'd like, and we are not seeing some players develop as much as we would like either.

New ideas & new schemes can change that. It might bring players that we consider under-used more into the spotlight- guys like Redman & Saunders for example.

That said, the new OC better know how to gameplan for the opposition D being in the Steeler backfield 90% of the game..

MeetJoeGreene
12-21-2011, 09:17 AM
norv turner may be available pretty soon. I think he's a horrible HC - but there is no doubt he is an offensive mastermind.

+1 :Agree

fezziwig
12-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I can't believe some people are just realizing that Arians is a joke and that others haven't figured it out yet.

I know BA didn't throw the picks but knowing he had a wounded QB he should have had Ben throwing short passes to the point it equaled a running game. I said that days before the game, BA must not have gotten the memo.

RKSteel
12-21-2011, 10:01 AM

I think the play that Gruden was talking about, (the interception) someone ran the wrong route. I don't disagree that Arians is bad, but Norv Turner has sucked all year in SD, yet he put together a perfect game for the Ravens, and Arians play calling for the Pats** game was perfect. That being said, how bad is Lebeau? I mean if you have ever played Madden you know that if you want to beat the Steelers with the Niners all you need to do is hit Vernon Davis on crossing patterns all night.

So yes Arians leaves much to be desired, put so would every other OC who sits in that seat. At least he was in the top half of the league, our next OC could very well be in the low 20's...remember Kevin Gilbridt or old Sherm? Just saying it could be worse.
I remember Gilbride and Lewis, I also remember Kordell was the QB. Cannot get worse than that. Unless you include the Mike Tomzak/Kent Graham period.

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM

I remember Gilbride and Lewis, I also remember Kordell was the QB. Cannot get worse than that. Unless you include the Mike Tomzak/Kent Graham period.

Sherm was referring to Ray Sherman, not Sherm Lewis (who was an NFL offensive coordinator, but not here).

feltdizz
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
I can't believe some people are just realizing that Arians is a joke and that others haven't figured it out yet.

I know BA didn't throw the picks but knowing he had a wounded QB he should have had Ben throwing short passes to the point it equaled a running game. I said that days before the game, BA must not have gotten the memo.

Can you really make Ben throw shorter passes? The only way you can do that is to stop all long pass patterns and then guess what will happen? Ben will break the pocket, point a WR to go long and still go for the HR. The short pass was there and looking at a few replays it looked like the TE Johnson may have been the intended WR on that route.

feltdizz
12-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Congratulations for bringing up a totally new argument on BA. This one will surely get him fired.

:Cheers

BURGH86STEEL
12-21-2011, 11:14 AM

Can you really make Ben throw shorter passes? The only way you can do that is to stop all long pass patterns and then guess what will happen? Ben will break the pocket, point a WR to go long and still go for the HR. The short pass was there and looking at a few replays it looked like the TE Johnson may have been the intended WR on that route.

What do you believe will happen if the coaches bench Ben because he refuses to throw short passes as he was told?

feltdizz
12-21-2011, 11:58 AM

What do you believe will happen if the coaches bench Ben because he refuses to throw short passes as he was told?

I don't think there is a coach in the NFL who can bench Brady, Ben, Rogers or Manning.

Keyplay1
12-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Arians needs to go.
2011--22nd
2010--12th
2009---7th
2008--20th
2007---9th
2011--12th
2010--14th
2009---7th
2008--22nd
2007--17th
Average Arians at best.

t might very well be time to make the move on Arians.

Unlike many of you, Chadman doesn't really have a problem with BA- even his reluctance to play a FB.

He's never had the luxury of an OL that can actually block, so his running game has continually suffered as a result.

That said- Chadman believes in things going stale- and from the looks of it, the Steelers O migt be in danger of just that. The players are there, but we are not really seeing them exceed themselves as much as we'd like, and we are not seeing some players develop as much as we would like either.

New ideas & new schemes can change that. It might bring players that we consider under-used more into the spotlight- guys like Redman & Saunders for example.

That said, the new OC better know how to gameplan for the opposition D being in the Steeler backfield 90% of the game..

Even if the Steelers have major success this year a change might be in order. He has been OC longer than any other OC since Cowher took over in 92. The concern always is however ---is change for the better? A list of the OC's since 92.

1992 - 1995 4yrs Ron Erhardt

1996 - 1997 2yrs Chan Gailey

1998----------1 yr Ray Sherman

1999 - 2000 2 yrs Kevin Gilbride

2001 - 2003 3 yrs Mike Mularkey

2004 - 2006 3 yrs Ken Whisenhunt

2007 - 2011 5 yrs Bruce Arians

BA was also the Steelers WR coach from 2004 - 2006.

BTW: Does the following question make any sense pittpete. When was the last time yo ate pierogies?

sd steel
12-21-2011, 01:39 PM
BTW: Does the following question make any sense pittpete. When was the last time yo ate pierogies?

Love it!! A blast from the past! Is he still around?

Slapstick
12-21-2011, 01:49 PM
1992 - 1995 4yrs Ron Erhardt - 4 year avg. = 12th in points/9th in yards

1996 - 1997 2yrs Chan Gailey - 2 year avg. = 9th in points/10th in yards

1998----------1 yr Ray Sherman - 28th in points/25th in yards

1999 - 2000 2 yrs Kevin Gilbride - 2 year avg. = 17th in points/20th in yards

2001 - 2003 3 yrs Mike Mularkey - 3 year avg. = 11th in points/10th in yards

2004 - 2006 3 yrs Ken Whisenhunt - 3 year avg. = 10th in points/12th in yards

I don't think that the other OCs were head and shoulders above Arians...at least statistically...the other OCs also have smaller sample sizes...

pittpete
12-21-2011, 02:53 PM

I hate them,never ate them in 41 years.

Ive been watching this team faithfully for close to 20 years now.
I have missed 1 game in that,I chose not to watch(Ravens game on tape which Steelers got blown out and I saw the score by accident before watching-LOL)
So this in my mind makes me an authority on Steeler football :Beer

Ok,I remember the Gilbride offense and the complicated read the reciever offense that no way in hell Kordell would grasp.
Was Gilbride a bad coordinator, no but he didnt change to adapt it to the players he had.
Chan Gailey was more successfull IMHO because he took advantage of the skillset Kordell had.
I may just be talking out of my @ss but Arians is not helping this offense.
Hey Batch, you want a new job next year???

sd steel
12-21-2011, 06:01 PM

I hate them,never ate them in 41 years.

Ive been watching this team faithfully for close to 20 years now.
I have missed 1 game in that,I chose not to watch(Ravens game on tape which Steelers got blown out and I saw the score by accident before watching-LOL)
So this in my mind makes me an authority on Steeler football :Beer

Ok,I remember the Gilbride offense and the complicated read the reciever offense that no way in hell Kordell would grasp.
Was Gilbride a bad coordinator, no but he didnt change to adapt it to the players he had.
Chan Gailey was more successfull IMHO because he took advantage of the skillset Kordell had.
I may just be talking out of my @ss but Arians is not helping this offense.
Hey Batch, you want a new job next year???

How do you know you don't like pierogies if you never ate them in 41 years? I don't know about a guy who calls himself "Pitt" who doesn't eat pierogies!:)

But seriously there was a guy who used to frequent some of the old forums who called himself Pierogie Pete, he was the arch nemesis of Crash if I remember correctly.

fezziwig
12-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Never had a pierogie

feltdizz
12-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Perogies are great. Boiled or pan fried.

sd steel
12-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Never had a pierogie

Your loss. I don't know how I can trust anyones opinion on Pittsburgh Steeler football if you don't eat or haven't had pierogies. I mean you don't like potato, cheese and bacon stuffed into flour then fried in onions? There are other types as well, but those are my favorite!

Saying you are a Steeler fan and don't eat pierogies is like saying you don't have a terrible towel hanging somewhere in your house. You lose alot of credibility on the whole fandom thing.

feltdizz
12-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Potato bacon and cheese fried with onions. Damn I'm hungry.

What if my TT isn't hanging on a wall?

sd steel
12-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Potato bacon and cheese fried with onions. Damn I'm hungry.

What if my TT isn't hanging on a wall?

I have one or two hung, the others are just sitting around ready for waving, so how about not eating pierogies is like not owning a Terrible towel and calling yourself a Steeler fan. :tt2

Keyplay1
12-21-2011, 09:00 PM
sd steel said: "But seriously there was a guy who used to frequent some of the old forums who called himself Pierogie Pete, he was the arch nemesis of Crash if I remember correctly."

Yes, pittpete, that was exactly what the question was referring to. Even though I do not post very often, I do remember reading those arguments from the past. But, I don't remember who I sided with. Probably Pierogie Pete, but I'm not sure.

Obviously you aren't familiar with him. I thought maybe there might be some connection. Incidentally, even though I have quite often gone to bars owned by Polish families and am familiar with a number of Polish specialties, I'm not really sure what a pierogie is either.

SidSmythe
12-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Arians should be fired alone for subbing in a hurry up offense at the end of the 1st half.

and I wouldn't hire any OC that's ever played us and didn't attack our LBs w/ TEs

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Mmmm...pierogies...

http://tlpierogie.com/admin/wp-content/uploads/PIEROGIE-003-3.jpg

My wife make a mean pierogie lasagna too (uses regular lasagna noodles, layered with potatoes, cheese, and onions).

fezziwig
12-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Never had a pierogie

Your loss. I don't know how I can trust anyones opinion on Pittsburgh Steeler football if you don't eat or haven't had pierogies. I mean you don't like potato, cheese and bacon stuffed into flour then fried in onions? There are other types as well, but those are my favorite!

Saying you are a Steeler fan and don't eat pierogies is like saying you don't have a terrible towel hanging somewhere in your house. You lose alot of credibility on the whole fandom thing.

:lol: ............ I'm ready to make the transformation. I've never seen them on dinner menu when we've gone out to eat so, I'll ask my wife if she knows how to make them.
My fathers from Italy and my mothers from Sicily so we pretty much grew up on, you guessed it, Italian food.
My wife's Irish and pretty much everything she makes she, believies it's magically delicious. My kids get drunk and break their own legs lol.
I've heard so much about perogies I've got to try them now and not to be considered a Steeler fan due to the lack of this magical food........I'll even put spaghettis sauce on them in case I don't care for them.

sd steel
12-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Never had a pierogie

:lol: ............ I'm ready to make the transformation. I've never seen them on dinner menu when we've gone out to eat so, I'll ask my wife if she knows how to make them.
My fathers from Italy and my mothers from Sicily so we pretty much grew up on, you guessed it, Italian food.
My wife's Irish and pretty much everything she makes she, believies it's magically delicious. My kids get drunk and break their own legs lol.
I've heard so much about perogies I've got to try them now and not to be considered a Steeler fan due to the lack of this magical food........I'll even put spaghettis sauce on them in case I don't care for them.
:Cheers

pittpete
12-22-2011, 04:25 PM
My thread has been hijacked by a friggin pierogie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sd steel
12-22-2011, 05:16 PM
My thread has been hijacked by a friggin pierogie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MMMMMMM pierogie!! :tt1