PDA

View Full Version : For the conspiracy theorist in you......

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I can't be the only one who was thinking this.......

Ben got shot up before the game to kill the pain. Everyone knew this. He also needed to keep moving and keep loose.

So I'm sure he targeted the scheduled beginning of the game in order to minimize the effect that his ankle would have.

And then the lights went out....................

phillyesq
12-20-2011, 04:21 PM

Ben got shot up before the game to kill the pain. Everyone knew this. He also needed to keep moving and keep loose.

So I'm sure he targeted the scheduled beginning of the game in order to minimize the effect that his ankle would have.

Seeing the transformer explode was pretty convincing for me.

pittpete
12-20-2011, 07:29 PM
and then Bruce Arians thought it would be fun to have Ben under center instead of shotgun so he could loosen up his ankle handing off the ball

fordfixer
12-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Tue Dec 20 10:30am EST
Ryan Clark thinks Monday night’s power outage was a conspiracy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp14337 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ryan-Clark-thinks-MNF-power-outage-was-a-conspir?urn=nfl-wp14337)

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/0e/0eb5e1a3d99b88694a5f294548899b26/ryan_clark_thinks_mnf_power_outage_was_a_conspirac y.jpg
By Chris Chase

Ryan Clark thinks Monday night’s power outage was a conspiracy

James Harrison thought the lights went out at Candlestick Park on Monday night because he wasn't in the building for such a big game. His teammate, Ryan Clark, thinks the lights went out precisely because it was a big game. (Cue "X-Files" music.)

The Pittsburgh Steelers safety told the San Francisco Chronicle that he believed Monday night's double power outage was planned by civic leaders or team officials to highlight the inadequacy of the 51-year-old stadium. Earlier this week, Santa Clara's city council endorsed a deal to approve funds for a new stadium, provided the NFL contributes at least $150 million.

"I just feel like San Francisco took a big stage to show the NFL and to show the state of California that they needed a new stadium," said Clark, who is also probably a big fan of those moon landing hoax specials on the Discovery Channel. "I think it was a very strategic move and Candlestick may be no more very soon."

Whether or not it would come down in a controlled demolition, Clark didn't say.

MeetJoeGreene
12-21-2011, 09:11 AM
This is a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial come true.

I was running late to get to the bar to watch the game... so the bartender placed a call and PRESTO! Delay of game.

Eich
12-21-2011, 09:27 AM

A. That would be QUITE a stretch.

B. Ben himself specifically said that he did NOT get shot up with any pain killers. It was a bit careless on the part of Steve Young to insist that he did. Ben has also said before that he doesn't want to play numb.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san- ... 9er-121911 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-francisco-49ers-defeat-pittsburgh-steelers-blackout-ben-roethlisberger-struggles-injured-ankle-was-best-49er-121911)

“We heard that [ESPN analyst] Steve Young and those guys said pregame, ‘Oh, he’ll go shoot it up,’ ” Roethlisberger said. “No, we don’t do that. [Steelers trainers] would never put me out there and endanger me or anybody on this team to do that.

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2011, 11:08 AM
I think the whole power outage ordeal was worth it, if only for the priceless Deebo tweet:

"If I can't play then can't nobody play…Lights out!"

rpmpit
12-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Steve Young is an absolute a-hole. How many times did he say Ben would get "medicine"??? Shut up already.

And I'm thinking if they check that transformer (we in the "biz" call them xfmrs 8) ) you'd probably find some black scuff marks courtesy of Deebo's helmet!!! :lol:

Shawn
12-21-2011, 05:18 PM
You can shoot up a high ankle sprain? That would be a new one to me.

phillyesq
12-21-2011, 06:19 PM
I think the whole power outage ordeal was worth it, if only for the priceless Deebo tweet:

"If I can't play then can't nobody play…Lights out!"

Even better than that was Ben saying "where is James Harrison when you need him" when the fan ran onto the field during one of the blackouts (I think the second).

Dee Dub
12-21-2011, 08:41 PM
I think it is embarrassing that Ryan Clark would suggest such a thing and totally ignore how horrible he and his teammates played in that game.

Ryan, it had nothing to do with the lights going out when you bit on play action and left your zone coverage to watch Vernon Davis enter into that zone all alone for a TD reception.

DkBlue
12-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Steve Young is stupid. Both Ben and the trainer said there was no shot. Anyone who insists they know different is delusional.

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2011, 10:53 PM
I think it is embarrassing that Ryan Clark would suggest such a thing and totally ignore how horrible he and his teammates played in that game.

Ryan, it had nothing to do with the lights going out when you bit on play action and left your zone coverage to watch Vernon Davis enter into that zone all alone for a TD reception.

What? Clark didn't suggest that the power outage had anything to do with how the Steelers played. He suggested that it might have been a ploy to push forward a new stadium for the Niners in Santa Clara rather than continue to play at rickety old Candlestick.

Dee Dub
12-22-2011, 12:34 PM

What? Clark didn't suggest that the power outage had anything to do with how the Steelers played. He suggested that it might have been a ploy to push forward a new stadium for the Niners in Santa Clara rather than continue to play at rickety old Candlestick.

You're right. My mistake.

But.....Ryan Clark still sucks and is hurting this team.

steelblood
12-22-2011, 12:57 PM

Did you read the article or just the headline?

Dee Dub
12-22-2011, 02:35 PM

Did you read the article or just the headline?

See the post directly above yours.

Yes..I am seeing RED on anything that comes out of the mouth of Ryan Clark.

Go watch the TD pass to Vernon Davis.