PDA

View Full Version : About the play Ben got injured.....

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I don't know why that wasn't a Brady rule penalty.

Was it because he wasn't in the pocket? He was clearly in a passing position. He had rolled out and the defender dove at his knees. I have not heard one commentator mention this but why was that not illegal?

feltdizz
12-20-2011, 04:17 PM

Was it because he wasn't in the pocket? He was clearly in a passing position. He had rolled out and the defender dove at his knees. I have not heard one commentator mention this but why was that not illegal?

ummm... Ben was out of the pocket and trying to be a scat back on a play that was over. I know the player was fined but flags and fines don't heal that leg.

Next time throw the ball out of bounds... I know, "every play is his last" but it's really not.

phillyesq
12-20-2011, 04:23 PM

It was because he was not in the pocket. Out of the pocket, apparently, you can hit a QB low, but not high.

NJ-STEELER
12-20-2011, 07:19 PM
plus the initial contact was above the knee. thigh area

i think that the point of where its legal even in the pocket.

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2011, 11:11 AM
I don't have any specific problem with the play in which he got injured, but during the second half comeback, he was hit low on the injured leg on another play (it was nearly a carbon copy of the hit Bernard Pollard put on Brady's knee that put him out for the year a couple of seasons ago).