PDA

View Full Version : SF Thoughts

drprwnap
12-20-2011, 10:37 AM
1. If a 75% Ben (and I think I'm being generous here) is better than BOTH of our backup qb's, then why are they even on the team? Don't get me wrong, I agree with starting Ben but after the 2nd int., he should have been pulled. The guy just physically could not get it done. Not his fault, I don't blame him for trying, I blame Tomlin for not recognizing that fact.
They had 11 days to prepare Batch, the same guy that won 3 (almost 4) games during Ben's suspension. WHY NOT PLAY HIM :?:

2. In a close game that we are behind, why does the defense disappear when we score? I'm not blaming them for this loss, I thought they played well to keep it close. But we score a FG, and they let the Niners go through them like a hot knife through butter.

3. It looked to me that if DJ turns his head, he catches the ball (on the 1st int.). Or am I wrong on that one???

4. Was Hines dressed last night?

5. We may have beat the clowns, but they really fckued us.

6. The way he carries the ball, I can't believe Mendy doesn't fumble MORE.

7. The offensive game plan was horrid. Nothing innovative, nothing new. With Ben hurting, how about a couple of wildcat plays with Dixon?? How about a direct snap to a RB with a rollout pass option? Something, anything to get keep the Niners a little off balance.

All in all, a very disappointing loss last night. :HeadBanger

phillyesq
12-20-2011, 11:25 AM
7. The offensive game plan was horrid. Nothing innovative, nothing new. With Ben hurting, how about a couple of wildcat plays with Dixon?? How about a direct snap to a RB with a rollout pass option? Something, anything to get keep the Niners a little off balance.

All in all, a very disappointing loss last night. :HeadBanger

I really agree. Gruden liked a few of the shotgun runs, but overall, you heard very little about creative or well designed plays. Instead, you saw poor spacing (or poor execution) lead to a red zone pick.

San Fran, on the other hand, called a nice offensive game. The call to Davis was great. A play like that would be great for the Steelers, who run right time after time.

In a game with a hobbled Ben, why not throw a WR bubble screen to Wallace or Brown and see if they can make something happen? Why not be more aggressive with helping on Smith?

NW Steeler
12-20-2011, 11:47 AM
What the hell is wrong with our offense? Throw out the Cinci game and we have scored 30 points in the last 3 games. I am worried that we may really be one and done in the playoffs.

skyhawk
12-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Name ONE NFL team besides the Packers/Saints that can still win AND have 4 turnovers?

Oh yeah, and the Pack and Saints just aren't going to turn the ball over like that.

Still, the 4 turnovers are a sign of a pretty inept Steelers offense to say the least.