PDA

View Full Version : Game Breakdown

Sword
12-20-2011, 09:56 AM
The Coaching game plan last night was terrible....

-No pressure on QB..
-Defense coverage sucked....They should have played them just like we played NE...
-Trick plays?
-Stop wasting plays running Mendenhall up the middle when even I
know they will be stopped...In this game throw 95% of the time...
-Should have alternated Ben and Batch..mixed things up do things
out side of the box...wild cat...etc...you get the picture...

I agree on another post: WE NEED OL come draft time!!!!!!

penalty for leaping WTF .....I think I broke my TV yelling at the F.. call

I thought only 1 of the 3 interceptions was a bad throw...
I thought the receivers were not doing enough, after the plays started to get open...
Ben had no where to go....

Sword

Slapstick
12-20-2011, 10:02 AM
I actually liked the counter plays up the middle from the shotgun...

I would have liked more running the ball in general...what with Mendenhall averaging better than 4 YpC...

The receivers could have executed better, I agree...I also think that throwing 45 times when your QB has one leg isn't the best plan...

BradshawsHairdresser
12-20-2011, 10:03 AM

I would have liked more running the ball in general...what with Mendenhall averaging better than 4 YpC...

The receivers could have executed better, I agree...I also think that throwing 45 times when your QB has one leg isn't the best plan...

Ya think??!!!!

But Airhead Arians is doing a bang-up job as OC. :roll:

Slapstick
12-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Ya think??!!!!

I wouldn't say a "bang-up" job...He just isn't as bad as you make him out to be, that's all...

Sword
12-20-2011, 10:09 AM

You attack a teams weakness not there strength......

frankthetank1
12-20-2011, 10:16 AM
the leaping call on timmons was awful but i was so pissed off at that kick catch interference call on keenan lewis. he made no contact with kyle williams. he knocked his own man into him and they called interference on lewis. it was a very close play no doubt but imo it was an awful call. if no call is made that would have changed the entire landscape of the game, but bad calls happen

feltdizz
12-20-2011, 10:17 AM

Ya think??!!!!

SF hasn't allowed a rushing TD all year, if we ran all night long you would have called BA an idiot for running into their strength.

Passing wasn't the problem, SF catching the passes was the problem.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-20-2011, 11:39 AM

Ya think??!!!!

SF hasn't allowed a rushing TD all year, if we ran all night long you would have called BA an idiot for running into their strength.

Didn't say we should have run exclusively, but when you see that the run is working (as it was last night) and that your QB is struggling and has a bum leg, you do what BA shows either little desire or little ability to do--you ADJUST your GAME PLAN. This is one of the biggest weaknesses BA has...he is terrible at making changes as the game goes on. It's as though he has his script written before the game, and doggone it, we have to stick with it because it's the perfect game plan.

Passing wasn't the problem, SF catching the passes was the problem.
So when you're throwing multiple picks, there's no problem with the passing???

When you're running, guess what? You reduce the chances of throwing to the other team. :wink: Not saying we could run more in every game, but last night we could have, and should have.

Shawn
12-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Arians isn't as bad as some make him out to be...I would agree. He is a guy who knows what he does...but sometimes that means he tries to fit a square peg in a round hole. And I believe that is where he gets the criticism.

feltdizz
12-20-2011, 01:23 PM
It's easy to say we should have run on the pass plays that ended in INT's but guys were open. Ben just chose the wrong guy a few times.

We had some success running the ball but it seemed like every good run was flagged or followed with a few no gains that put us in passing situations.

I also think being in shotgun to protect Ben forced us to pass more often. Ben is still limping badly just to hand the ball off.

pittpete
12-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Arians isn't as bad as some make him out to be...I would agree. He is a guy who knows what he does...but sometimes that means he tries to fit a square peg in a round hole. And I believe that is where he gets the criticism.

Have you watched every game this year?
Honest question