PDA

View Full Version : Was that a Brett Favre moment?

feltdizz
12-20-2011, 09:56 AM
There were times when Brett played because "he was the best option" to win but he was clearly hurting the team. Seemed like half time would have been a good time to sit Ben down. Those delays couldn't have helped his leg and it was clear he was off his game.

I know people think we can't win without Ben but evidence has shown otherwise...
Also not sure why we kept going deep because Wallace was doubled most of the game. Maybe having Batch in would have kept us more conservative and ball controlled.

Shawn
12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Now this is funny. I just compared Ben to Farve in another thread when commenting to you. Yes, I would agree. But, it wasn't Ben's call to play. He is always going to play. He would roll out in a wheel chair in Tomlin would let him. I want that kind of guy playing for us. I love that kind of QB playing for us. Does it occasionally hurt the team...yes. Did it last night? No doubt. But, Ben on that same bum leg brought us back in the Cleveland game. He has played well in pain...and I want him to continue trying. I don't think we win that game with Batch. So, for me...I'm ok with what happened last night.