PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest folks.....

Steelhere10
12-20-2011, 02:13 AM
We have too many holes this year to win it all, and I am not saying that because of tonight's loss. Think about the areas that we are weak at..
ILB - Farrior or Foote are not athletic enough to compete anymore
S- Ryan Clark ^ can't cover
K- Saun S Really suck
G- Leg or Kemo are not starting material.
LT- Max is really showing why he was released from the start.
OC- enough said
Health- Woodley , Ben , Pouncey all are Pro Bowlers
RB- no running game

focosteeler
12-20-2011, 02:25 AM
you can put the no running game on the O-line

Starlifter
12-20-2011, 02:29 AM
well, the weak point of our defense all year has been inside LB and particularly - their coverage. it certainly hurt us tonight. many of us have also been waiting for the moment when we really needed a suishy FG and he would come up short. props for the 51 yarder - but that horrid pull from 47 was fairly predictable.

as I said back in week 4, we are a veteran team and are enjoying a softer schedule this year with the NFC west and the AFC south. I am NOT complaining about 10 wins and I certainly think we'll finish with 11 if not 12. that's a wonderful year and it's been great fun.

I just don't have a lot of confidence that this team has the gas to make another run. i'm not saying it can't happen - wouldn't surprise me at all if we end up in Indy. I just think that between the average nature of the o-line, the age of our middle LB's and the inability of our kicker to be consistent beyond 35 yards, at some point those factors are all going to conspire to end our season.

NW Steeler
12-20-2011, 02:59 AM
We looked horrid tonight. No pressure on a very below average QB. Ben should not have played. And why in the F is he still on the field, down by 3 scores with 4 minutes left?

Steelerphile
12-20-2011, 06:52 AM
We looked horrid tonight. No pressure on a very below average QB. Ben should not have played. And why in the F is he still on the field, down by 3 scores with 4 minutes left?

I think you are too hard on Smith. He played well. This year he is an above-average QB. He definitely played one of the better games of the QBS Pgh has faced. But I agree that Ben should not have played, and he definitely should have been yanked at some point.

Scarletfire1970
12-20-2011, 07:51 AM

I think you are too hard on Smith. He played well. This year he is an above-average QB. He definitely played one of the better games of the QBS Pgh has faced. But I agree that Ben should not have played, and he definitely should have been yanked at some point.
Flacco played his best games against us as well, there is a pattern here.

steelblood
12-20-2011, 08:27 AM
If we have no chance, you should really go do something else for a while. I mean you've made your two points here over and over. Your work is done. Your vacation starts today!

DukieBoy
12-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Too many games coming out flat and being outplayed since the SB to inspire confidence.
Enough talent to maintain hope that this team can be a force in the playoffs.

10-4, but it's not over and out.

Slapstick
12-20-2011, 09:30 AM

The Steelers ALWAYS get every teams best effort...especially in prime time games and especially when the Steelers are away...

MaxAMillion
12-20-2011, 09:33 AM
We have too many holes this year to win it all, and I am not saying that because of tonight's loss. Think about the areas that we are weak at..
ILB - Farrior or Foote are not athletic enough to compete anymore
S- Ryan Clark ^ can't cover
K- Saun S Really suck
G- Leg or Kemo are not starting material.
LT- Max is really showing why he was released from the start.
OC- enough said
Health- Woodley , Ben , Pouncey all are Pro Bowlers
RB- no running game

I believed this from the start. I do wish we could see the entire team healthy for once but I doubt it happens now. We are stuck playing a wild card game on the road against the Broncos. I could see us losing that game easily.

Sometimes it isn't your year.

frankthetank1
12-20-2011, 09:36 AM

The Steelers ALWAYS get every teams best effort...especially in prime time games and especially when the Steelers are away...

that is true however the defense sometimes makes a crappy qb look good. a perfect example was gradowski a couple of seasons ago. even colt mccoy has put up good numbers for him against the steelers. quick throws and 2 step drop backs is how you beat the steelers defense its no secret.

i agree thought this team has too many holes to win it all this season. farrior has lost a lot in coverage, not so much against the run though. this o-line has been a problem forever. they cant protect ben at all and they cant run the ball. if ben wasnt so good and if we didnt have the wr's that we do this offense would be awful

williar
12-20-2011, 12:13 PM
We don't have enough offense to get it done and our defense is nowhere near as dominant as in the SB XLIII run. Our defense is sufficient but our offense is DREADFUL!!!!!

You think this team can compete against GB, NO, NE, turning the ball over and scoring 3 points.

Oviedo
12-20-2011, 12:17 PM

The pattern is our DC has forgotten how to call a blitz and pressure average QBs thereby giving them time to play better than they are. The freaking 49ers gave up like 18 sacks the previous 3 games and we can't get to the QB.

As far as yanking Ben, really????? Does anyone really believe that Charlie Batch would have been the margin of victory when he threw two passes all year and missed on both. Ben was our best chance to win but just too many factors working against us.

Steelerphile
12-20-2011, 09:38 PM

The pattern is our DC has forgotten how to call a blitz and pressure average QBs thereby giving them time to play better than they are. The freaking 49ers gave up like 18 sacks the previous 3 games and we can't get to the QB.

As far as yanking Ben, really????? Does anyone really believe that Charlie Batch would have been the margin of victory when he threw two passes all year and missed on both. Ben was our best chance to win but just too many factors working against us.

I wanted Dixon to play not Batch. I know you have no respect for him. He has been in the league four years. He is ready. He is at least healthy. Big Ben has the great arm and passing skills but the bum ankle affected him a lot. I don't think he would have thrown the INTS or be as easy a target to sack and strip, if he were healthier. So yeah, I would have started Dixon to see what would happen. He could have at least be a threat to move out of the pocket for yardage and I think he could have completed passes, also.

You have to weigh the possible outcomes of playing Ben with the bum ankle or playing a healthier guy without Ben's experience or arm. I don't personally think a 50% Ben was the better option but we will never know, since they didn't go that direction.