PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin's press conference

SteelCrazy
12-20-2011, 01:53 AM
"We didnt execute and they did. We accept responsibility for what we did and didnt do.........blah blah blah......same thing every week............blah blah blah........Questions?"

This was pathetic. Its almost like we gave it to them on purpose. Woodley is the softest LB'er we've ever had in black n gold. Worilds cant compete week in and week out. 1 good game, 2 bad games doesnt cut it. Timmons is barely above average, but played below average tonight.

Max Starks is showing why he was cut. Not anywhere near in shape. Essex cant play LG at all. Wr's couldnt get open. Heath played decent.

Ike Taylor not looking so pro bowlish tonight and K Lewis looked like a turd.

We need work and a lot of rest.

Lights out.........

Steelhere10
12-20-2011, 02:03 AM
lol, sounds good to me.

SteelBucks
12-20-2011, 02:06 AM
Everyone crapped the bed tonight. Gotta move forward....

tiproast
12-20-2011, 02:08 AM

Rest is not on the schedule. There are 14 games on Saturday. Steelers play the Rams at Heinz. The Rams are not a good road team. Of course, they're not good at home, either.

Slapstick
12-20-2011, 02:08 AM
So, what was Tomlin supposed to say besides the truth?

:wft

NJ-STEELER
12-20-2011, 02:20 AM

$$

i dont get what some want out of him from the post game

maybe a jutted out chin spit and a stare if you ask about a questionable decision

focosteeler
12-20-2011, 02:20 AM

:Agree at least he didnt say 'eh, we've played better'

DrCalculus
12-20-2011, 03:01 AM
He could have said:

PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS????

:)

SteelCrazy
12-20-2011, 04:27 AM
I want him to say nothing and bring in about 15-21 players and start slapping them around....mediocre may be your cup of tea, but I cant stand it. Never mind........just keep agreeing and it'll be alright. Steeler Nation UNITE!

It's 3:30 in the morning and im awake. Maybe I should learn to go with the flow, but for now I'll just stay pissed

Slapstick
12-20-2011, 07:02 AM
I want him to say nothing and bring in about 15-21 players and start slapping them around....mediocre may be your cup of tea, but I cant stand it.

Again...

What NFL head coach does that?

Perhaps you are misdirecting your frustration...first at Tomlin's statements from his press conference and then at those of us who don't understand you...

DukieBoy
12-20-2011, 08:33 AM
The 49ers hit more 3-pointers than we did, they out muscled us in the paint and we were out-rebounded, we turned the ball over too many times, we missed alot of shots we'd normally expect to make, and our top defender fouled out of the game before it even started on a bogus call so we didn't do a good enough job pressuring their point guard. And, oh yeah, we got outcoached.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-20-2011, 09:32 AM

He should have said, "We sucked, and I take responsibility for not having this team anywhere near prepared to compete in this game. Ben obviously should not have been playing, and I blew it by having him on the field tonight. My bad for not getting us more NFL-caliber OL this past year. We had a completely lame defensive game plan. We needed to bring a lot more pressure on the SF quarterback. Our DC is going soft and timid. As for our OC, well, he just plain blows. I have a good number of players that don't deserve a game check. In summary, we looked a whole lot better when the power was out, we squandered a golden opportunity, and unless we get things dramatically turned around, there's no reason to believe we have much of a chance of winning our 7th Lombardi."

That would have been the truth.

frankthetank1
12-20-2011, 09:44 AM
"We didnt execute and they did. We accept responsibility for what we did and didnt do.........blah blah blah......same thing every week............blah blah blah........Questions?"

This was pathetic. Its almost like we gave it to them on purpose. Woodley is the softest LB'er we've ever had in black n gold. Worilds cant compete week in and week out. 1 good game, 2 bad games doesnt cut it. Timmons is barely above average, but played below average tonight.

Max Starks is showing why he was cut. Not anywhere near in shape. Essex cant play LG at all. Wr's couldnt get open. Heath played decent.

Lights out.........

haha say what? i dont think joe flacco or any other qb in the nfl would agree with that statement. man i guess with most of you its better not to play than play hurt. woodley and ben's performance get a pass with me. they are both playing hobbled. i was shocked woodley played and played the entire game. if you cant tell that woodley is a few steps slower after watching last nights game then you really must not watch woodley play a whole lot

Slapstick
12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
He should have said, "According to internet message board guru, BradshawsHairdresser, we sucked, and I take responsibility for not having this team anywhere near prepared to compete in this game. Ben obviously should not have been playing, and I blew it by having him on the field tonight. My bad for not getting us more NFL-caliber OL this past year. We had a completely lame defensive game plan. We needed to bring a lot more pressure on the SF quarterback. Our DC is going soft and timid. As for our OC, well, he just plain blows. I have a good number of players that don't deserve a game check. In summary, we looked a whole lot better when the power was out, we squandered a golden opportunity, and unless we get things dramatically turned around, there's no reason to believe we have much of a chance of winning our 7th Lombardi."

Actually, I would love to have seen the press conference exactly as above...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BradshawsHairdresser
12-20-2011, 09:55 AM
He should have said, "According to internet message board guru, BradshawsHairdresser, we sucked, and I take responsibility for not having this team anywhere near prepared to compete in this game. Ben obviously should not have been playing, and I blew it by having him on the field tonight. My bad for not getting us more NFL-caliber OL this past year. We had a completely lame defensive game plan. We needed to bring a lot more pressure on the SF quarterback. Our DC is going soft and timid. As for our OC, well, he just plain blows. I have a good number of players that don't deserve a game check. In summary, we looked a whole lot better when the power was out, we squandered a golden opportunity, and unless we get things dramatically turned around, there's no reason to believe we have much of a chance of winning our 7th Lombardi."

Glad you've acknowledged that Tomlin ought to be listening to me... :lol:

Slapstick
12-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Glad you've acknowledged that Tomlin ought to be listening to me... :lol:

Then the Steelers would be 4-10 instead of the other way around! :lol:

pfelix73
12-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Calm down folks, many of you just over react. It's one game with 2 games to go..We can still win the division in the last weekend, because Cincinnati always plays the Rats tough, and they might need to win to even make the playoffs!

So just ya'll enjoy the Holidays and we'll see where we are on Jan 1. I would bet $ that we'll go 2-0 here and Baltimore will go 1-1.

We very rarely win games on the left coast.. The 4 TO's quite simply is what cost us the game. It happens. Especially when your QB doesn't practice all week.....moving on....

:tt1

Sword
12-20-2011, 10:32 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pittpete
12-20-2011, 02:27 PM
How about adding in
-the inconsistent offense week after week
-the human turnover machine, responsible for 21 turnovers
-the fact that Mr. Wallace likes to trash talk more to the defense then actually show any aggressiveness when trying to catch a pass not directly in his hands
-the fact we cant run a successfull screen
-our best players are not always on the field because our OC is in love with an overweight TE
Our DC played the "bend but dont break defense"(which we are forced to play because we had no one who could pressure the QB against that solid 49er O-Line) which kept us in the game for almost 3 quarters.

Hey Mike if the players cant execute, week after week after week on offense then something/someone besides the players is at fault!!!!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
12-20-2011, 02:32 PM
What Tomlin said in his press conference is much better than what Rex Ryan said in his (shortly after getting embarrassed 45-19 by the Eagles, Ryan took to the airwaves to boast about how his Jets are the best team in New York, since they are playing the Giants next).

Leper Friend
12-20-2011, 02:52 PM
" Woodley is the softest LB'er we've ever had in black n gold.
Don't be THAT guy. You know , the overreacting calling for peoples jobs guy. It's a loss. No more , no less. Not everybody sucks after a loss , it happens.

And if Woodleu is the softest LB ever , is Andre Johnson the softest wr ever ? Same injury.

RuthlessBurgher
12-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Don't be THAT guy. You know , the overreacting calling for peoples jobs guy. It's a loss. No more , no less. Not everybody sucks after a loss , it happens.

And if Woodleu is the softest LB ever , is Andre Johnson the softest wr ever ? Same injury.

We all know Jack Lambert is the softest linebacker ever. Turf toe...sheesh... :wink:

SteelCrazy
12-20-2011, 05:11 PM
I added a comment last night around 3:30 am and apparently some mod didnt like it

SteelCrazy
12-20-2011, 05:14 PM

Not calling for his job. He's good when he plays, but come on.......has he ever played with an injury? We may never know, but I'd bet he hasnt.

Steelhere10
12-20-2011, 06:24 PM
He should have said....
Good afternoon, Me, Colbert and Lebeau take full responsibilities for the LB's that we put on the field today. Although we have needed an Inside Lb for 5yrs straight, we still refuse to draft some for the future, and we promise this upcoming draft that we will take more OLB. Because we feel that you can never have enough of those. And this year we promise to ignore every position of need again and draft one in every round..... Questions ?

hawaiiansteel
12-21-2011, 02:16 AM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's take

By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin weighs in on this week's game against the St. Louis Rams:

On recovering from Monday's loss to the 49ers:

"(Monday) night was (Monday) night. It was a losing performance by us. We accept responsibility for it. No interest in going back and rehashing or wishing we could change things, because we can't. We will just simply learn from what transpired last night in an effort to win, or increase our chances of winning moving forward."

On Saturday's game against the Rams:

"With the short week like this, we have to assess ourselves particularly from an injury standpoint and from a player availability standpoint and formulate a plan that we can execute at a high level, given the circumstances. We look forward to responding to our last performance. We better do so quickly, this week."

On the power outage at Candlestick Park:

"They didn't really have much more information than what we had. A transformer or something was down, and they were doing the best that they could at that time to rectify the situation. Where it was going to take us, they weren't sure. All our conversations the second time it went down was keeping the teams on the field if at all possible, to avoid the re-warming up and so forth that goes with going into the locker room. We were just interested in staying on the field."

On the Rams' running game:

"Looking at the Rams and what they are capable of, it starts with Steven Jackson. We have to minimize what he is capable of doing. They have quality depth at the running back position. Cadillac Williams backs him up, and Jerious Norwood. They have three quality backs that know how to run the football."

On quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's first interception Monday, with two receivers in the area of the pass:

"We probably didn't have the best distribution that we could have had on that play. But there were multiple factors that weighed into how that play unfolded."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1h8xQrqfo (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_772946.html#ixzz1h8xQrqfo)

Snatch98
12-21-2011, 08:59 AM

Lights out.........

1. Woodley isn't soft. He has a hamstring injury. Have you had a chance to see how Andre Johnson is dealing with his? One minute he's, the next he isn't. It's a very hard injury to overcome. Hell in the early parts of the season there were rumors flying that Arian Foster may not be able to play anymore because of his. Woodley should take the rest of the season off IMO so he can get healthy.

2. I'm not sure what's going on with Timmons but with him playing inside then getting bounced outside then back inside he's not building any sort of rhythm. James Harrison missing some time has also hurt him despite being moved outside. James draws attention which frees up Timmon's.

3. Max Starks has looked good all year. Aldon Smith is a huge dude and a elite talent. When we were forced to drop back and pass and the Niners knew it Smith was going for broke. I don't know of many LT's able to hold him off when he knows they need to pass. He has as many sacks as he does for a reason and there are still two games left.

4. Ike is fine.

And as far as the receivers are concerned Ben is hobbled. If he weren't he'd be finding his receivers. I also doubt he would have overthrown both Brown and Wallace on a couple. A healthy Ben means a Steelers win this past Monday. Period.

pittpete
12-21-2011, 03:09 PM
. Woodley isn't soft. He has a hamstring injury. Have you had a chance to see how Andre Johnson is dealing with his? One minute he's, the next he isn't. It's a very hard injury to overcome. Hell in the early parts of the season there were rumors flying that Arian Foster may not be able to play anymore because of his. Woodley should take the rest of the season off IMO so he can get healthy.

2. I'm not sure what's going on with Timmons but with him playing inside then getting bounced outside then back inside he's not building any sort of rhythm. James Harrison missing some time has also hurt him despite being moved outside. James draws attention which frees up Timmon's.

3. Max Starks has looked good all year. Aldon Smith is a huge dude and a elite talent. When we were forced to drop back and pass and the Niners knew it Smith was going for broke. I don't know of many LT's able to hold him off when he knows they need to pass. He has as many sacks as he does for a reason and there are still two games left.

4. Ike is fine.

And as far as the receivers are concerned Ben is hobbled. If he weren't he'd be finding his receivers. I also doubt he would have overthrown both Brown and Wallace on a couple. A healthy Ben means a Steelers win this past Monday. Period.

I agree with everything you say EXCEPT why does Timmons have to build a rhythm, hes a veteran player.
Not picking on him, but he isnt playing up to his contract.
Not even in the same boat as a young Farrior IMO