PDA

View Full Version : anyone else sick of good punters

JTP53609
12-20-2011, 12:44 AM
it seems that punters really love pinning us when they get the chance, I am tired of seeing it constantly happen, from koch of baltimore to any lee tonight.....maybe this is aggrevation, but gracious everything is going wrong tonight for the steelers. oh and woodley is out with a hammy...again

TallyStiller
12-20-2011, 12:40 PM
What I'm really tired of is watching the efficient, professional execution by other teams' special teams, flipping field position, making big field goals, not drawing holding penalties on every punt return attempt... and wondering why that can't be us. Football is a THREE phase game, and the Steelers have been very good at TWO of those phases for a long time.

Frankly, they're better now than they have been in the past - there was a time when I held my breath every time we received a punt because we didn't even have anybody to put back there who was capable of catching the stinking ball without fumbling it. Doesn't mean we don't still have a LONG way to go in this regard... and I think it was a significant factor in the loss tonight.

phillyesq
12-20-2011, 01:49 PM
What hurts with Lee is that the Steelers tried to sign him a few years ago. They 49ers matched the offer, and the Steelers instead drafted Sepulveda.