PDA

View Full Version : GREAT job DL EBEAU

Steelhere10
12-20-2011, 12:37 AM
The last two teams blitz this clown and get 18 sacks,
But you decide to play 20 yds off and play coverage. Joe Montana?

JTP53609
12-20-2011, 12:40 AM
yea, I agree, this defense scheme sucked tonight...we finally get points and our defense bends over and takes it up the a$$...

williar
12-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Do you see that offense? Offense has done NOTHING but turn the ball over. This is what makes me sick about some fans. I guess the D has to score too.

JTP53609
12-20-2011, 12:53 AM
the offense was horrible, the special teams were good (until suisham missed his second) and our defense loves putting no pressure on quarterbacks anymore.....what a great team loss

AngryAsian
12-20-2011, 12:57 AM
You can't get much pressure on the qb when your D is on the field practically the whole game.

MaxAMillion
12-20-2011, 12:58 AM
The offense has 3 points and you want to blame the defense? I guess the defense is responsible for all of Ben's poor passes.

WindyCitySteel
12-20-2011, 12:59 AM
LeBeau is the most overrated coach in the league. He's a coward.

focosteeler
12-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Do you see that offense? Offense has done NOTHING but turn the ball over. This is what makes me sick about some fans. I guess the D has to score too.

the D can only do so much, and with Harrison gone and Woodley not playing right now we cant rely on them to keep them out of the endzone. -it doesnt help that the O-line looks like trash half the time. if we dont draft 2 O-lineman this year i will be mad. the O has to do something other than nothing.

WindyCitySteel
12-20-2011, 01:01 AM

the D can only do so much, and with Harrison gone and Woodley not playing right now we cant rely on them to keep them out of the endzone. the O has to do something other than nothing

The D can't get stops or turnovers and it's full of high picks. It's a tremendously underachieving unit.

JTP53609
like I said it was a sucky game all the way around, horrible calls too, from launching to interference to everything else too.

this was a horrible game, one of the most boring I have ever watched, spoiled we are, but for now, this stinks...

frenchie
LEAPING? WTF. We can't even jump to try and block the field goal and we get an unsportsmanlike call. Unbelievable

Steelhere10
You can't get much pressure on the qb when your D is on the field practically the whole game. I agree, but they should have pulled Ben early. The defense scheme was horrible though. They let ALEX fn Smith, the same guy who been a bust all his life dink and dunk all the way down the field instead of playing man and bringing pressure. So DL is much to blame also.

focosteeler
12-20-2011, 01:02 AM
LeBeau is the most overrated coach in the league. He's a coward.

a coward? you are kidding right?

brothervad
12-20-2011, 01:03 AM
0-3 against the Harbaugh boys this year...I guess Tomlin, Arians, Lebeau got to think of something new.

brothervad

williar
12-20-2011, 01:04 AM
And let the flood gates open......This is as bad as the ravens beat down last night. Our offense is beyond pathetic, but hey! Ben is tough as nails. That will get you a lot of points.

focosteeler
12-20-2011, 01:08 AM

the D can only do so much, and with Harrison gone and Woodley not playing right now we cant rely on them to keep them out of the endzone. the O has to do something other than nothing

The D can't get stops or turnovers and it's full of high picks. It's a tremendously underachieving unit.

held them to 6 points through almost 3 quarters. I think that is doing pretty good. If the offense gets some points we have a chance.

brothervad
12-20-2011, 01:12 AM
2 picks and a costly fumble by BB, while no turnovers from our D is a killer. I admire Ben for his toughness, but this game was a must win.

This team needs to heal. It's older and really needed the bye.

borthervad

AngryAsian
12-20-2011, 01:21 AM
A team that can't get up and to grab the #1 seed in the conference, and doesn't have that killer instinct will be pedestrian/crippled in the playoffs. We can't run... Throwing 45 times as opposed to running it only 18 times... Especially with a hobbled qb? We lost this game collectively... Offense and defense. Both coordinators and the HC sucked the big one.

NJ-STEELER
12-20-2011, 01:24 AM
You can't get much pressure on the qb when your D is on the field practically the whole game. I agree, but they should have pulled Ben early. The defense scheme was horrible though. They let ALEX fn Smith, the same guy who been a bust all his life dink and dunk all the way down the field instead of playing man and bringing pressure. So DL is much to blame also.

makes you wonder if we're ouit schemeing ourselves.

smith has looked like hot garbage vs other "top ZB defenses" he's played against (ravens)

and then we see flacco last night vs an average charger D and rememeber what's he done to us 2 times this year

DHSF
12-20-2011, 02:00 AM
It really felt like we were playing the Ravens again tonight. Was playing BB really our best chance to win tonight?

Starlifter
12-20-2011, 02:40 AM
i've felt all year our defense is statistically at the top - but situationally, we often fall short.

nevertheless, you have to give them some latitude when the offense keeps turning the ball over.

of course, they still allowed alex smith to look like joe montana.

and I'll never figure out the purpose of scheme that on 3rd and 8 we not only start with an 8 yard cushion but we allow the receiver to push us back 4 more yards, stop and turn for an easy first down. I can see that on 1st and 2nd downs to prevent a big play - but shouldn't the goal on 3rd down be to get off the field???

every OC out there is saying to themselves - how can I get a TE one on one with farrior?

sacks are down. defensive turnovers are down. offensive turnovers are up.

hard to win that way.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-20-2011, 08:00 AM
We got outcoached on both sides plus special teams. They must of watched the tape from the afccg from bens rookie year. I thought I was watching Tom Brady throwing quick hitters in front of a Willie Williams cushion all night .

steelblood
12-20-2011, 08:36 AM
The defensive scheme was a little weak, but if we don't turn it over in the red zone (not to mention 94's brain fart on the FG attempt), the 49ers score about 13 (maybe 16) points. That should be good enough to win and is by no means a disaster.

fezziwig
12-20-2011, 08:51 AM
turnovers killed us. defense was exhausted or should have been. turning the ball over four times isn't going to beat anyone.
would have been nice if our defense got one turnovers but still, I can't blame this loss on the defense.

i'm seeing a trend with ben and his turnovers and it started last super bowl. ben needs to return to the snobby person, lousy interviews and skirt chasing so he can be a winner on the field again :stirpot

Slapstick
12-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Alex Smith? Really?

He didn't have that great of a game guys...

He did OK, but he was far from awesome...

Turning the ball over and giving the 49ers a short field was WAY more beneficial to them than Smith's play...

Some of the BS calls changed the game as well...I try not to complain about officiating too much, but the leaping call against Timmons was ticky-tack AT BEST and gave the 49ers 1st and goal...the interference call on the punt return wasn't even ticky-tack, it was straight up wrong...instead of the Steelers having the ball deep in 49er territory like they should have, the 49ers ended up with the ball at midfield...

Terrible...

Ghost
12-20-2011, 10:05 AM
While turnovers killed the team, the first SF drive was not a short drive. They got the ball and proceeded to have 17 plays, eat up over 7 minutes of time, and go 69 yards - that's just plain BAD defense. Next drive was 3 minutes long. 2 drives and 10 minutes - that's the D not getting off the field. Then the third drive, while no points, was a 10 play drive.

And A. Smith didn't get touched last night. His uniform is so clean it doesn't need to be washed and he's feeling so fresh he could go out and play a full game today. The rush last night was abysmal.

And after Suisham makes his miracle FG, the D doesn't take any momentum, instead they look completely confused and lathargic and let SF go right down and score a TD.

The O sucked last night, but make no mistake about it, so did the D. There were guys out there going through the motions.

Oviedo
12-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Glad to see after almost three years some other folks are finally getting on board and seeing the reality of our defense. We pad our stats against bad teams and struggle against play off caliber teams. Alex "Freakin" Smith moved the ball between the 20s like he owned us. Thank the lord the 49ers are a terrible red zone team or this would have been a total blow out.

The LeBeau scheme doesn't work without blitzing and our DC has apparently forgot what a blitz is.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-20-2011, 10:13 AM
While turnovers killed the team, the first SF drive was not a short drive. They got the ball and proceeded to have 17 plays, eat up over 7 minutes of time, and go 69 yards - that's just plain BAD defense. Next drive was 3 minutes long. 2 drives and 10 minutes - that's the D not getting off the field. Then the third drive, while no points, was a 10 play drive.

And A. Smith didn't get touched last night. His uniform is so clean it doesn't need to be washed and he's feeling so fresh he could go out and play a full game today. The rush last night was abysmal.

And after Suisham makes his miracle FG, the D doesn't take any momentum, instead they look completely confused and lathargic and let SF go right down and score a TD.

The O sucked last night, but make no mistake about it, so did the D. There were guys out there going through the motions.

Yep. Disappointing night to say the least.

Slapstick
12-20-2011, 10:13 AM

A. Smith completed under 60% of his passes for 6.0 YpA...he was rolling out and eschewing the deep ball for the short gain or throwing it away...Davis had a 31 yard reception but still averaged only 12 YpC...Crabtree averaged less than 9 YpC...

It wasn't his passing that killed the Steelers...he just stayed out of his defense's way...our QB did not...

feltdizz
12-20-2011, 10:25 AM

A. Smith completed under 60% of his passes for 6.0 YpA...he was rolling out and eschewing the deep ball for the short gain or throwing it away...Davis had a 31 yard reception but still averaged only 12 YpC...Crabtree averaged less than 9 YpC...

It wasn't his passing that killed the Steelers...he just stayed out of his defense's way...our QB did not...

exactly...

The D didn't play bad... the O stunk it up. Not sure why the O can turn the ball over a thousand times and the D gets all the blame

Shawn
12-20-2011, 10:29 AM
The offense has 3 points and you want to blame the defense? I guess the defense is responsible for all of Ben's poor passes.

And you want to blame Ben for Ben's poor passes? Ben shouldn't have even been on that field.

feltdizz
12-20-2011, 10:37 AM

And you want to blame Ben for Ben's poor passes? Ben shouldn't have even been on that field.

but he was... and felt like he could make passes he couldn't make.

The world won't stop if Ben gets a little bit of blame for throwing into double coverage on one leg when a guy is wide open underneath.

phillyesq
12-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Glad to see after almost three years some other folks are finally getting on board and seeing the reality of our defense. We pad our stats against bad teams and struggle against play off caliber teams. Alex "Freakin" Smith moved the ball between the 20s like he owned us. Thank the lord the 49ers are a terrible red zone team or this would have been a total blow out.

The LeBeau scheme doesn't work without blitzing and our DC has apparently forgot what a blitz is.

I really missed reading these posts the past few weeks.

Alex Smith dinks and dunks the ball down the field. He is actually pretty decent at doing so.

Last night wasn't my favorite game plan - I would have preferred more pressure and more press coverage, but playing a lot of the game without your best 2 pass rushers and with Timmons outside certainly didn't help things.

I have more of an issue with Arians. Almost every first down was a run to the right. Despite the fact that Starks was getting abused by Smith, he did nothing to help him out. Contrast that with the Chargers game on Sunday, where they agressively sought out and chipped Suggs on every passing play.

The game plans both left something to be desired, but the offense was more deficient. The execution was also terrible.

Oviedo
12-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Alex Smith dinks and dunks the ball down the field. He is actually pretty decent at doing so.

Last night wasn't my favorite game plan - I would have preferred more pressure and more press coverage, but playing a lot of the game without your best 2 pass rushers and with Timmons outside certainly didn't help things.

I have more of an issue with Arians. Almost every first down was a run to the right. Despite the fact that Starks was getting abused by Smith, he did nothing to help him out. Contrast that with the Chargers game on Sunday, where they agressively sought out and chipped Suggs on every passing play.

The game plans both left something to be desired, but the offense was more deficient. The execution was also terrible.

Consider it an early Christmas present :wink:

A deficient performance by the offense (last night was) doesn't give the defense a pass. Both have to be held to the same standard every week. We saw the same thing on both sides of the ball...no adjustments, no answers. Ben was definitely crippled which crippled the offense but no such excuse on the defensive side of the ball.

Like I have said for awhile, both Coordinators need to go this off season and they need a fresh look at what we do on both sides of the ball. IMO, we have seen enough to know our run in the play-offs will be short especially with Ben limping in. Unfortunately we will be able to start thinking about next year much early than any of us want.

Have a great holiday and all the best!!!!

steelz09
12-20-2011, 01:08 PM
A team that can't get up and to grab the #1 seed in the conference, and doesn't have that killer instinct will be pedestrian/crippled in the playoffs. We can't run... Throwing 45 times as opposed to running it only 18 times... Especially with a hobbled qb? We lost this game collectively... Offense and defense. Both coordinators and the HC sucked the big one.

completely agree ... it was poor all the way around.

You win this game and then you have the Rams and Browns to CLINCH home field throughout the playoffs and this is the best execution AND game planning you can do. wow, that's sorry.

phillyesq
12-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Have a great holiday and all the best!!!!

You too!

:Cheers

feltdizz
12-20-2011, 01:13 PM

completely agree ... it was poor all the way around.

You win this game and then you have the Rams and Browns to CLINCH home field throughout the playoffs and this is the best execution AND game planning you can do. wow, that's sorry.

Traveling across the country doesn't help as well. I think we are a tired team. We have been on some amazing SB runs lately and all these games are catching up to us.

I thought Harrison being out and Ben on one leg would rally the troops but it looks like other teams have more to prove then we do.

steelz09
12-20-2011, 01:16 PM

That brings up an interesting point. When you have a player like Smith blitzhing upfield and abusing your LT, you can mitigate that by running right out the blitz.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-20-2011, 01:31 PM

That brings up an interesting point. When you have a player like Smith blitzhing upfield and abusing your LT, you can mitigate that by running right out the blitz.

$$$
Yet stubborn BA has to stick with his "perfect script" that he has written up before the game. Won't recognize a needed in-game adjustment (though it rears up and bites him). Nope, not Brucie...instead, square peg, round hole, pound, pound, pound.

fezziwig
12-20-2011, 01:37 PM
One thing that stood out to me that Smith, got abused his last three games and the Steelers didn't get one sack on him.

Another thing that I thought was wrong was, Ben must not have the strength or the capability to set correctly so wyh were they not doing more short passes to the TE, runningbacks and the middle ?

The clock and Tomlin do not do well together. Going in at half time with a timeout remaining is poor coaching.

As I was saying since last season, " we need a fieldgoal kicker " Pure, pure, pure luck that he made his first fieldgoal. Watch this guy kick, he has a poor stance, leg english is all wrong. He lines up on the ball and kicks as if he's in a bodycast.

After all that complaining, I still thought we played a hard fought game and the turnovers did us in.

feltdizz
12-20-2011, 01:51 PM
One thing that stood out to me that Smith, got abused his last three games and the Steelers didn't get one sack on him.

Another thing that I thought was wrong was, Ben must not have the strength or the capability to set correctly so wyh were they not doing more short passes to the TE, runningbacks and the middle ?

The clock and Tomlin do not do well together. Going in at half time with a timeout remaining is poor coaching.

As I was saying since last season, " we need a fieldgoal kicker " Pure, pure, pure luck that he made his first fieldgoal. Watch this guy kick, he has a poor stance, leg english is all wrong. He lines up on the ball and kicks as if he's in a bodycast.

After all that complaining, I still thought we played a hard fought game and the turnovers did us in.

Definitely should have clocked it or used the TO. Both Ben and Tomlin deserve blame.

As passing deep? That's all on Ben... just because Wallace runs deep doesn't mean we have to throw it to him.. Brown was wide open on the first pick. Greed kills.

Sushi is unreliable but it really didn't matter because we kept giving the ball away to a team who likes to burn clock.

Leper Friend
12-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Traveling across the country doesn't help as well.From a fan's standpoint , this isn't nearly considered enough. Teams traveling across time zones from east to west and vice versa is a huge considweration , especially when betting.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1212225

It's not an excuse but there is something to it. The Steelers are not the only team that gets caught in the trap of playing flat after a long trip.

My favorite bets are west coast teams traveling far east and playing 1 oclock games.it works more often than not.

Steelers>NFL
12-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Traveling across the country doesn't help as well.From a fan's standpoint , this isn't nearly considered enough. Teams traveling across time zones from east to west and vice versa is a huge considweration , especially when betting.

It's not an excuse but there is something to it. The Steelers are not the only team that gets caught in the trap of playing flat after a long trip.

My favorite bets are west coast teams traveling far east and playing 1 oclock games.it works more often than not.
They had 10 days off since the last game. No excuse!

Leper Friend
12-20-2011, 02:55 PM
[quote=feltdizz]Traveling across the country doesn't help as well.From a fan's standpoint , this isn't nearly considered enough. Teams traveling across time zones from east to west and vice versa is a huge considweration , especially when betting.

They had 10 days off since the last game. No excuse![/quote:1ngimbcc]
It's not an excuse but I'm keeping perspective , it's a real thing.

I've been betting a long time , the first thing I look for every week is the teams traveling far. Like I said , it works more often than not.

Northern_Blitz
12-20-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't get why people come on here and complain about the D every time the O can't score or hold onto the ball.

The D kept us in it for more than half the game, but couldn't overcome the craptastic turnover machine that was our O.

fezziwig
12-20-2011, 04:22 PM
I agree about the defense should not have this loss placed on them. I do wonder why they didn't put more pressure on Smith and why they played off the receivers so far or at least, it seemed that way to me.

Why didn't Arians afford Starks some help ? Having someone give their rusher a little chip shot could have helped.

pittpete
12-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Wow, the offense turns the ball over 4 times,scores 3 points and misses a FG and people are blaming the defense.......
Do some of you even watch these games?
Lebeau played bend dont break but who was he supposed to send after the QB?
Timmons and Farrior get nada up the middle with that played out cross blitz,Timmons gets blocked by running backs,Woodley played on a bum hamstring and at least sniffed the QB a few times.
Hood is starting to look as slow as Hampton and takes off just as many plays...
So blame Lebeau :roll: :roll: :roll:

steelz09
12-20-2011, 07:49 PM
I agree about the defense should not have this loss placed on them. I do wonder why they didn't put more pressure on Smith and why they played off the receivers so far or at least, it seemed that way to me.

Why didn't Arians afford Starks some help ? Having someone give their rusher a little chip shot could have helped.

That would require Arians to have in game adjustments and problem solving abilities. Your asking for way too much.

NorthCoast
12-20-2011, 08:39 PM
My take, it was a coaching FAIL on both sides. LeBeau playing the same old tired 10 yd cushion and they took advantage and BA up to his usual lame gameplan of RUTF sprinkled with a few 20 yd routes that had no chance of completion cause the pass rush was on Ben before they even made there breaks.
Ben was awful, should not have played and that is a coaching FAIL as well. A 50% Ben can't be as good as a 100% Batch or Dixon can it? If that is the case why have them on the roster?

pittpete
12-20-2011, 08:42 PM
The defense held them to 6 first half points with 2 offensive turnovers
Argggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

AngryAsian
12-21-2011, 12:59 AM
The defense held them to 6 first half points with 2 offensive turnovers
Argggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

The defense was tired midway through the 3rd and looked pathetic in the 4th... but make no mistake, plenty of blame on both sides of the ball. Offensive execution was crap but the schemes were pathetic. How you can keep trying to run up the middle with the stoutest run D in the league is beyond me... couldn't remember one play where the guards pulled to the outside, which is Mendy's strength (the only one he has). Its like we have no imagination trying to game plan for whatever defense we are up against. With the exception of the patchwork line, we have the weaponry to be successful on offense, but we still keep stumbling... I see nothing innovative to address the deficiencies. Is that not a coordinators job to see that he has x - number of players with particular skill sets and so we must change the game plan... none of this going on.

As for our defense, it seems that we are doing a better job of inserting the pieces due to either injury or missing players but still look a step too slow. And with our age on D, our offense needs to help them out by sustaining drives. We control the tempo on offense then our D can come in aggressive and fresh. But last night was ridiculous... SF's time of possession surely hammered us.

Blame both sides of the ball, both coordinators, Tomlin for SEEMINGLY NOT making any in game adjustments... once again to reiterate... what we saw last night was not worthy of a Championship much less a playoff win. A collective team crapper.

fezziwig
12-21-2011, 09:43 AM
I would love to see Heyward getmore playing time.

feltdizz
12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Wow, the offense turns the ball over 4 times,scores 3 points and misses a FG and people are blaming the defense.......
Do some of you even watch these games?
Lebeau played bend dont break but who was he supposed to send after the QB?
Timmons and Farrior get nada up the middle with that played out cross blitz,Timmons gets blocked by running backs,Woodley played on a bum hamstring and at least sniffed the QB a few times.
Hood is starting to look as slow as Hampton and takes off just as many plays...
So blame Lebeau :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sounds like you are blaming Lebeau since he is using tired blitz schemes and bum sauce players.

steelblood
12-21-2011, 11:47 AM
While I agree that the scheme was rather vanilla, I do think that had something to do with missing our most versatile player.

But, the defense was not the reason we lost. If Ben doesn't fumble inside our twenty late in the game, we may hold the 49ers to 13 points, 16 at worst. That is not a bad outing at all.

I don't care how injured Ben is; he can't turn the ball over 4 times to a team with a ball control, low scoring offense. Ben didn't dump the ball off to open underneath receivers and outlet TEs and RBs all night. Wallace was not aggressive when going after 50/50 balls (especially the deep pass he could have easily drawn PI at the one).

feltdizz
12-21-2011, 11:48 AM
While I agree that the scheme was rather vanilla, I do think that had something to do with missing our most versatile player.

But, the defense was not the reason we lost. If Ben doesn't fumble inside our twenty late in the game, we may hold the 49ers to 13 points, 16 at worst. That is not a bad outing at all.

I don't care how injured Ben is; he can't turn the ball over 4 times to a team with a ball control, low scoring offense. Ben didn't dump the ball off to open underneath receivers and outlet TEs and RBs all night. Wallace was not aggressive when going after 50/50 balls (especially the deep pass he could have easily drawn PI at the one).

:Agree

ikestops85
12-21-2011, 12:04 PM

C'mon O ... this is getting ridiculous. Please name me all of the defenses that have played better than LeBeau's over the last 3 years. I'm having trouble naming any but you might come up with a couple. It's obvious you don't like the system but in this offense friendly league it's been wildly successful.

frankthetank1
12-21-2011, 01:37 PM
what i dont understand is why we never see the same scheme they used against the pats. why cant they play more man coverage? ive always thought ike is better in man and i think gay is better in man coverage as well. at least play a little of both and mix things up.

the defense overall played well monday night but the 10 yard cushions dont work when there is zero pressure on the qb. even colt mccoy played well up until he threw the pick to gay in the endzone. wouldnt it make sense if the same scheme is effective on the pats who have one of the best offenses in the nfl then it would be effective on most teams?

feltdizz
12-21-2011, 02:56 PM
what i dont understand is why we never see the same scheme they used against the pats. why cant they play more man coverage? ive always thought ike is better in man and i think gay is better in man coverage as well. at least play a little of both and mix things up.

the defense overall played well monday night but the 10 yard cushions dont work when there is zero pressure on the qb. even colt mccoy played well up until he threw the pick to gay in the endzone. wouldnt it make sense if the same scheme is effective on the pats who have one of the best offenses in the nfl then it would be effective on most teams?

You can't bump and run Crabtree or Davis...

We had success vs the Pats because we finally switched our D up. I'm pretty sure they were expecting the same old D from Lebeau.

Gotta remember we played the Pats at home and were amped up, they were missing one of their TE's, Faulk was just coming off an injury and the midget RB was hurt.... and Ike locked up Welker. I think if you lock up Welker, Brady turns into a mediocre QB.

We tried to play tight vs the Rats and got burned... most teams have much better WR's then the Pats. The Pats are all about tempo. The Rats, SF and Houston all have RB's who can control the clock and pound it on us.

pittpete
12-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Sounds like you are blaming Lebeau since he is using tired blitz schemes and bum sauce players.

What is a sauce player?

feltdizz
12-21-2011, 03:06 PM

What is a sauce player?

lol.. bum sauce = butt juice = doo doo = sh$#%

pittpete
12-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Bottom line is the defense kept the Steelers in the game for close to 3 quarters despite 2 offensive turnovers.
Would I have liked to see them blitz the living snot out of Alex, like Balt did, o hell yea.
Even if we did, we still couldnt score on offense so in reality Lebeau is being blamed because the defense couldnt score points.
Last I checked, the offense and the young $$$$ crew were the ones suppossed to be doing all the scoring.
Maybe too many of these sauce players on offense or good ole Brucie is on the FN sauce is more like it.... :moon

feltdizz
12-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Bottom line is the defense kept the Steelers in the game for close to 3 quarters despite 2 offensive turnovers.
Would I have liked to see them blitz the living snot out of Alex, like Balt did, o hell yea.
Even if we did, we still couldnt score on offense so in reality Lebeau is being blamed because the defense couldnt score points.
Last I checked, the offense and the young $$$$ crew were the ones suppossed to be doing all the scoring.
Maybe too many of these sauce players on offense or good ole Brucie is on the FN sauce is more like it.... :moon

It's bum sauce dude... gotta throw the bum in there to get the true sauce.

I was looking for the D to force a TO or spark the O since Ben had a bad leg and Harrison was out. I don't blame them for the loss but in a game where we needed the win and Ben was on 1 foot it would've been nice if they got a TO.

The O lost this game.... period

pittpete
12-21-2011, 04:46 PM
The O lost this game.... period

Me and you can share the non bum-type sauce anytime :Beer

Steelhere10
12-21-2011, 05:16 PM
On a night when you need a BIG TURNOVER and the D cordinator just sit back in a 10yd cushion and no pressure deffense.. I blame Lebeau. The offense is to blame also but with a hobbled Qb the D should have forced the issue.

pittpete
12-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Ok, I think i got it now.
So this week against the Rams if the defense struggles then we should rely on the offense to create a spark and actually score. :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

fezziwig
12-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Ok, I think i got it now.
So this week against the Rams if the defense struggles then we should rely on the offense to create a spark and actually score. :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

LMAO

frankthetank1
12-23-2011, 12:06 PM

You can't bump and run Crabtree or Davis...

We had success vs the Pats because we finally switched our D up. I'm pretty sure they were expecting the same old D from Lebeau.

Gotta remember we played the Pats at home and were amped up, they were missing one of their TE's, Faulk was just coming off an injury and the midget RB was hurt.... and Ike locked up Welker. I think if you lock up Welker, Brady turns into a mediocre QB.

We tried to play tight vs the Rats and got burned... most teams have much better WR's then the Pats. The Pats are all about tempo. The Rats, SF and Houston all have RB's who can control the clock and pound it on us.

youre right the pats were expecting the same old 10 yard cushion zone blitz scheme from the steelers but dont you think every other team expects that too? im sure every team expects that scheme because its what the steelers do almost all of the time. im not saying its not effective, but when there is no pressure on the qb it doesnt work.

why cant you play man on davis and crabtree? you dont need to jam them at the line but you cant give them 10 yard cushions. davis is great but gronkowski is the best te in the nfl and man coverage was very effective on him.

all im saying is if a scheme isnt working in a game doesnt it make sense to make some adjustments and mix things up? i dont care what kind of scheme they play on defense or offense. all i care about is if its working or not. i think colt mccoy threw for around 250 yards on the steelers. thats way too many yards for a bum qb on the road and if it wasnt for the pick in the endzone that game is a lot closer.