PDA

View Full Version : Time to pull the plug on Ben.

Steelhere10
12-19-2011, 10:38 PM
If he can't make the throws, put in Batch.

Discipline of Steel
12-19-2011, 10:55 PM
and pull the plug on jadechavezz while your at it

Steelhere10
12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Lol.
What kind of game plan does BA have .
Qb injured and you pass 80000 times.

RuthlessBurgher
12-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Pull the plug on the stadium lights...wait...that happened twice already.

Steelhere10
12-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Pull the plug on the 20Yd cushion.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-19-2011, 11:41 PM
pull the plug on arians.

trying to swap personnel in that situation was beyond pathetic.

Steelhere10
12-19-2011, 11:52 PM
pull the plug on arians.

trying to swap personnel in that situation was beyond pathetic.

That was a reason to fire him on the spot.

JTP53609
12-20-2011, 12:41 AM
very frustrating to watch this game tonight, this game is almost as bad as the last monday night game we played in S.F

Steeler Shades
12-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Which coach on the Steelers has the balls to pull Ben? No matter how hurt he is, or how badly he plays....if Ben wants to play no one will stop him. 8)

Steeler Shades
12-20-2011, 01:13 AM
4 TOs for Ben. 3 picks and a fumble. 8)

Steelhere10
12-20-2011, 01:14 AM
Ben can't hit Wallace running alone for a bomb, but he sure can hit the defenders covering Wallace on the bomb.

Shoe
12-20-2011, 01:25 AM
At least Ben tries though. Woodley doesn't even show up for games.

Steelers>NFL
12-20-2011, 09:05 AM
4 TOs for Ben. 3 picks and a fumble. 8)

Still think he should be MVP as some people were posting a few weeks ago? NOT!

frankthetank1
12-20-2011, 09:30 AM
this thread is funny to me. so the reasons we lost were because ben played poorly on one leg, woodley didnt show up who is coming back from a hamstring injury and of course the famous BA sucks. but BA deserves zero credit for the 10 wins this season, soon to be 12. SF is one of the best teams in the NFL. they do have one of the best defenses in the league.

one thing that really worries me in all of the loses and the KC win starks cannot do anything against faster DE's in the league. starks is good but no better than that. anytime the steelers play a defense with a fast DE thats going up against starks we are in serious trouble.

MaxAMillion
12-20-2011, 09:31 AM
At least Ben tries though. Woodley doesn't even show up for games.

That is not fair. Hamstring injuries are major problems to come back from unless fully healthy. Look at Andre Johnson in Houston. He has basically missed the entire season because of a hamstring. As soon as Johnson came back he re-injured the hamstring again.

feltdizz
12-20-2011, 09:45 AM
this thread is funny to me. so the reasons we lost were because ben played poorly on one leg, woodley didnt show up who is coming back from a hamstring injury and of course the famous BA sucks. but BA deserves zero credit for the 10 wins this season, soon to be 12. SF is one of the best teams in the NFL. they do have one of the best defenses in the league.

one thing that really worries me in all of the loses and the KC win starks cannot do anything against faster DE's in the league. starks is good but no better than that. anytime the steelers play a defense with a fast DE thats going up against starks we are in serious trouble.

gotta blame somebody or something.

sentinel33
12-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Sure wish people would be more realistic about the situation.

Sure, you can blame Ben. But he tried to go with a bad wheel. I appreciate his effort despite the fact that it cost us the game.

But I knew we weren't gonna win last night. That defense is too good for a hobbled QB who is missing his starting center. They are very good. The 49ers defense deserves a lot more of the credit than Ben deserves the blame.

But we have 1 of 6 spots in the show. We need to rest Ben(and others) from here on out and get ready for the games that matter.

I know most of you won't agree with this. But thats ok. It's America. You can do that.

focosteeler
12-20-2011, 11:51 AM

Sure, you can blame Ben. But he tried to go with a bad wheel. I appreciate his effort despite the fact that it cost us the game.

But I knew we weren't gonna win last night. That defense is too good for a hobbled QB who is missing his starting center. They are very good. The 49ers defense deserves a lot more of the credit than Ben deserves the blame.

But we have 1 of 6 spots in the show. We need to rest Ben(and others) from here on out and get ready for the games that matter.
I know most of you won't agree with this. But thats ok. It's America. You can do that.

I am starting to question trying to win out. should we sit everyone who has anything minor and let them heal? rather than try and rely on other teams losing

Oviedo
12-20-2011, 12:09 PM

:Agree Like I said in a post late last week, this game was the "perfect storm" against us...and I never even considered multiple power failures. I hoped but never expected us to win last night's game.

I am still hopeful that the Bumgals can nail the Ratbirds last game of the season but even if they do we are likely to have to play week #1 of the play offs. Given Ben's health I don't think our run will be long.

Steeler Shades
12-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Which coach on the Steelers has the balls to pull Ben? No matter how hurt he is, or how badly he plays....if Ben wants to play no one will stop him. 8)
I believe Ben answered the question of which coach has the balls to sit him...none. 8)
"He tried to take me out," Roethlisberger said of Tomlin. "I told him I didn't want to come out. I didn't want to let my guys down. I didn't want to put [backup] Charlie [Batch] in that position. I started and I was going to finish."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11354/11 ... z1h6bP4igy (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11354/1198142-87-0.stm#ixzz1h6bP4igy)