PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's flavor of the day

WindyCitySteel
12-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Green Bay goes from unbeatable juggernaut heading towards coronation to shaky and beatable. They're slobbering over New Orleans and New England this morning.

pick6
12-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Green Bay goes from unbeatable juggernaut heading towards coronation to shaky and beatable. They're slobbering over New Orleans and New England this morning.
Wow, so true.

Slapstick
12-19-2011, 12:28 PM
I always thought Green Bay was shaky and beatable...

phillyesq
12-19-2011, 12:36 PM

Green Bay has a really good offense, but with Jennings hurt and their offensive tackles beatup, they are vulnerable. The defense lives on turnovers, but gives up plenty of yards.

Like every team, Greenbay has some weaknesses, but they're still a very formidable opponent.

snarky
12-19-2011, 12:54 PM
To be fair, over the past few weeks most of the coverage of the Steelers I've seen has been pretty positive. NO rolled yesterday and NE stopped a team on a 6-0 streak. Yes it's sensationalist journalism but if they were more even handed every week the story would be "There are a half-dozen good teams in the NFL and any one of them could win it all." They have to sensationalize things if they want to help Verizon sell phones and Chevy sell pick-up trucks.

Slapstick
12-19-2011, 01:01 PM

Greenbay has a really good offense, but with Jennings hurt and their offensive tackles beatup, they are vulnerable. The defense lives on turnovers, but gives up plenty of yards.

Like every team, Greenbay has some weaknesses, but they're still a very formidable opponent.

I never said that they weren't good...

I just felt that they defied the odds with that 13-0 run and it caught up to them...

WindyCitySteel
12-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Yesterday in KC looked like the kind of day you might see in Green Bay in January, only colder. Green Bay has built a team that would thrive in a dome, but not in Lambeau in the winter.

And that defense was methodically punked by Kyle Orton all game long. They're just not very good on that side of the ball.

tiproast
12-20-2011, 09:29 PM
And that defense was methodically punked by Kyle Orton all game long. They're just not very good on that side of the ball.
There's a lot of that going around this year.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-21-2011, 03:29 PM
There's a lot of that going around this year.

Have to agree with the *'s-loving poster.

Also, congrats to his *'s. They deserve to be the ESPN flavor of the day--they're the top seed in the AFC.

Hope they get knocked out in their first playoff game.