PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's biggest injuries?

WindyCitySteel
12-19-2011, 08:48 AM
C Brown and A Battle are questionable. Ted Ginn Jr. returns kicks for SF and we could be down a couple of ST'ers.

With Worilds starting at OLB, he'll either get less time or perhaps some ST reps when he's out of wind.

Something to watch.

papillon
12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
C Brown and A Battle are questionable. Ted Ginn Jr. returns kicks for SF and we could be down a couple of ST'ers.

With Worilds starting at OLB, he'll either get less time or perhaps some ST reps when he's out of wind.

Something to watch.

Yea, but with an immobile Ben playing tonight I think the Pouncey injury is the biggest. If the 49ers can get pressure up the middle that will make for a long evening for Ben and the offense. That's the last place he wants to see pressure tonight; he won't be able to step away from that pressure as easily as he may when he's at 100%.

Pappy

Oviedo
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Anything on Troy being hurt. I hold my breath everytinme he goes in for a kamikaze dive at someone's legs.

Tonight will be about neutralizing Vernon Davis. I think I would match Timmons on him versus Troy and let Troy freelance. If we shutdown Davis their offense will be easy to handle.

SteelerNation1
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM

Something to watch.

Yea, but with an immobile Ben playing tonight I think the Pouncey injury is the biggest. If the 49ers can get pressure up the middle that will make for a long evening for Ben and the offense. That's the last place he wants to see pressure tonight; he won't be able to step away from that pressure as easily as he may when he's at 100%.

Pappy
Quick, short passes should take that away.

pick6
12-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Would have to say Ben even though he is playing. I just hope he doesn't get injured any further do lack of mobility. From what I understand they don't blitz very often and this makes me feel much better. Although the 4 that they bring are really good, the 49ers just haven't dealt with our variety of weapons. And if they decide to blitz then Im ok with that because then we have people out of their comfort zone.

RuthlessBurgher
12-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Would have to say Ben even though he is playing. I just hope he doesn't get injured any further do lack of mobility. From what I understand they don't blitz very often and this makes me feel much better. Although the 4 that they bring are really good, the 49ers just haven't dealt with our variety of weapons. And if they decide to blitz then Im ok with that because then we have people out of their comfort zone.

Even if Patrick Willis can't go, we still have to worry about about the Smiths (Justin and Aldon). Former Bengal Justin Smith may be the NFL's most complete 3-4 DE since the heyday of Aaron Smith, and Ziggy's former college teammate Aldon Smith is a legit DROY candidate with double digit sacks already. The San Fran D is far from a one-man show...Navorro Bowman already has triple digit tackles playing next to Willis and Carlos Rogers has had a career resurgence since coming over from Washington (5 INT's for a CB who was thought to have hands nearly as bad as Ike Taylor).