PDA

View Full Version : We Had Control of Our Own Destiny!!

Flasteel
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
24-7 Super Chargers with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter!! I say no way the Rats can come back from that.

We need you tomorrow night Ben!

Discipline of Steel
12-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Shhhh!!!!!
Bad karma to speak too soon :nono

Discipline of Steel
12-18-2011, 11:16 PM
FLACCO INTERCEPTED BY TAKEO SPIKES!!!!

Chadman
12-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Where's the Gatorade at?

Doesn't Harbaugh get a bath after this??

Flasteel
12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
35-7 with 17 minutes to go in the game.

With all due respect to any negative mojo...it's over.

The number one seed is ours for the taking.

williar
12-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Better win Monday night or I'll be pisssssssed........

7 UP
12-18-2011, 11:27 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA at Joe Flacco. :ratsuck

Chadman
12-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Hey Flacco...

Tebow would have won this game.

:stirpot

7 UP
12-18-2011, 11:29 PM
If Ben is at least at 80% I think we win MON.

buckeyehoppy
12-18-2011, 11:31 PM
In the words of the late Alice Davis "Just win, baby!"

The Steelers have to win out regardless. The difference after tonight, however, is that we control our destiny if we do. We have no wiggle room the rest of the way. The wins just need to keep coming. This is '05 all over again... not a bad deja vu, as I remember!

SteelAbility
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM

Do you mean 31-7? SD just missed a FG that would have made it 34-7.

buckeyehoppy
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Hey Flacco...

Tebow would have won this game.

:stirpot

Most of the QBs in this league would've given them a better game, Chadman!

Fucco blows!

Flasteel
12-18-2011, 11:39 PM

Do you mean 31-7? SD just missed a FG that would have made it 34-7.

Oops...yes...31-7. Still an insurmountable lead, although it's no longer 4 TDs. :D

JTP53609
12-18-2011, 11:43 PM
like I said in another post, I knew it was going to come down to this weekend after we lost to baltimore in November, today was simply outstanding, and we can be home for the playoffs if we can take care of S.F., so I say put up maximum protection of Ben (yea that will do it) and lets go with those short effective passes and use our 2 back system, with willis hopefully out I think we can run at them and set up the pass with our running game.....

Believe it or not, we have not been a #1 seed since 2004, and then before that it was 2001....both of those times the #2 seed was New England, and if we can pull out a win tomorrow and take care of business the last 2 weeks against far inferior opponents, history looks to be working for a third time, lets hope this time will a charm.

winwithd
12-18-2011, 11:54 PM
how sweet was that last charger drive? Emasculated Ray Ray and the Ratturds. The paly where Tolbert left Lewis on the ground was the best. The Ratturds are probably better without Lewis.

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2011, 11:59 PM
Where's the Gatorade at?

They already won the Super Bowl twice during this regular season. No need to get greedy. :wink:

:ratsuck

Discipline of Steel
12-19-2011, 12:01 AM
My interest in the NFL may be waning this year but i watched every delicious second of this game.

Starlifter
12-19-2011, 12:29 AM
To paraphrase - the rats are too old, too slow and it's over.

At least for tonight....... :D

DukieBoy
12-19-2011, 12:34 AM
To paraphrase - the rats are too old, too slow and it's over.

At least for tonight....... :D

exposed

Keyplay1
12-19-2011, 02:34 AM
My interest in the NFL may be waning this year but i watched every delicious second of this game.

Since you forecast this is an earlier thread I thought it would be a good idea to insert that post here:

[quote=papillon][quote="Discipline of Steel":1ioynrr4]I think the following scenario will play out before we step on the field:

NE will lose to Den

Balt will lose to SD

Hou will lose to Car

Thus setting the stage for our guys to sieze control of the #1 seed with two weeks to go. :tt1

The Steelers only need Baltimore and Houston to lose, they own the tie breaker over New England due to head to head. Although, there's nothing wrong with New England losing.

Pappy

Pappy
The only problem with the Pats** losing is then the Chargers have nothing to play for because they would be eliminated from the playoffs before they take the field Sunday night vs Baltimore.

I hate to say it but I'm rooting for the Pats** and the Chagers and that has never happened.[/quote:1ioynrr4]

You pose a convincing argument. If Im putting my distaste for P Rivers on hold for a week, i guess i can lean towards a Pats*** win too. I guess Steeler fans have reason to smile no matter how that game turns out :D[/quote:1ioynrr4]

Earlier I said "These would be the perfect results for the Steelers." WRONG: What actually happened was. Nice call DoS. :You got the Steeler fans thinking in a positive way and it payed off big time.

And now there are two dozen threads started speculating on the implications of todays games. When there should be a continuation of this one since it got the ball rolling.

Discipline of Steel
12-19-2011, 08:20 AM

Since you forecast this is an earlier thread I thought it would be a good idea to insert that post here:

[quote="sd steel":3b34wkdu][quote=papillon][quote="Discipline of Steel":3b34wkdu]I think the following scenario will play out before we step on the field:

NE will lose to Den

Balt will lose to SD

Hou will lose to Car

Thus setting the stage for our guys to sieze control of the #1 seed with two weeks to go. :tt1

The Steelers only need Baltimore and Houston to lose, they own the tie breaker over New England due to head to head. Although, there's nothing wrong with New England losing.

Pappy

Pappy
The only problem with the Pats** losing is then the Chargers have nothing to play for because they would be eliminated from the playoffs before they take the field Sunday night vs Baltimore.

I hate to say it but I'm rooting for the Pats** and the Chagers and that has never happened.[/quote:3b34wkdu]

You pose a convincing argument. If Im putting my distaste for P Rivers on hold for a week, i guess i can lean towards a Pats*** win too. I guess Steeler fans have reason to smile no matter how that game turns out :D[/quote:3b34wkdu]

Earlier I said "These would be the perfect results for the Steelers." WRONG: What actually happened was. Nice call DoS. :You got the Steeler fans thinking in a positive way and it payed off big time.

And now there are two dozen threads started speculating on the implications of todays games. When there should be a continuation of this one since it got the ball rolling.[/quote:3b34wkdu]

Awesome! Thank you buddy :tt1
Sometimes you can just feel it coming!!

Sugar
12-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Hopefully, the boys can make the most of it tonight. I hate to remind everyone that we've struggled in prime-time games this year against lesser opponents than the 49er's. While both teams are missing significant players, the home team/fans will be very up for this game as well.

If we can get smart ball without stupid penalties and judgemental errors, we can do this!

Let's go boys!!! :tt2

Starlifter
12-19-2011, 10:22 AM
If we can get smart ball without stupid penalties and judgemental errors, we can do this!

is kemo dressing?....... :lol: :lol:

Sugar
12-19-2011, 10:35 AM

is kemo dressing?....... :lol: :lol:

I was actually thinking of Ward and Miller's stupid fumbles as well. We left a lot of points on the field last time.

With all the teams that have O-line problems right now, I'm sure there would be a home for Kemo somewhere...

Oviedo
12-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Lots of good things happened for us yesterday, but it will all be wasted if we lose tonight. We picked the worst possible week and the worst possible opponent to go into this game like the walking wounded. IMO the defense is going to have to win this one tonight with turnovers.

I still think the Bumgals beat the Ratbirds the last gamne of the season. The good thing about the loss yesterday to the Chargers is that the Ratbirds have to play all out for the final two games of the season. No resting players and increased chances of key players getting hurt. We need to keep the pressure on them with a win tonight and they will crack.

feltdizz
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Good call by DOS, Pappy and Steel...

While I was watching the Carolina game I started thinking about who we needed to lose...

I was on the fence with NE because I hate rooting for them but I was starting to hate the Tebow hype more than the Pats... felt a little better rooting for the Pats since it kept SD in the hunt.

I fell asleep when Baltimore was down early and woke up to 31 to 7...

We control our destiny and I think we come out on fire tonight.

pittpete
12-19-2011, 12:16 PM
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/pittpete/ravenssuperbowl20012copy.jpg

pick6
12-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Where's the Gatorade at?

Exactly, I cant wait to see these guys again, beating us was one of the greatest moments of his life, and it pisses me off. C'mon, a gatorade bath after a regular season game.

pick6
12-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Where's the Gatorade at?

Exactly, I cant wait to see these guys again, beating us was one of the greatest moments of his life, and it pisses me off. C'mon, a gatorade bath after a regular season game.

feltdizz
12-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Where's the Gatorade at?

ehhh... I would much rather watch another team pick them off this year.

JTP53609
12-20-2011, 12:42 AM
we crapped the bed as of right now.

AngryAsian
12-20-2011, 12:43 AM
I hope we can do some "controlling" in this last quarter.

JTP53609
12-20-2011, 12:55 AM
well steelers........we are going to face a team like the 49ers in the first rd without our starting safety....say hello to denver in 3 weeks.
way to NOT show up tonight

brothervad
12-20-2011, 12:57 AM
beat the Pats...but give them the #1 seed at the same time.

The red zone thing seems to be a recurrent theme year in and year out. I don't what to say.

Dissapponting to say the least.

brothervad

WindyCitySteel
12-20-2011, 12:59 AM
5th seed, first round exit. Fitting end to this season.

At least we have hockey.

jj28west
12-20-2011, 01:00 AM
this one is going to leave a mark for a while with a chance of grabbing the prize on the table

Flasteel
12-20-2011, 01:16 AM
This team does not seem to have the look of a champion. A total team embarrassment this evening...I wish there was a running clock in the NFL as I watch the end of this game.

Rest all injured players the next two weeks and treat the games like preseason games, in terms of having our starters on the field. Maybe...just maybe, a fully-healthy Steeler team can make a Super Bowl run on the road.

This one can't.

Thanks for pissing on my Christmas with that effort. :moon

brothervad
12-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Ben may end up passing nearly 400 yards in this game (321 right now) and still get blown out.

Sure he may get the obligatory TD at the end to make it look closer but I imagine it's even odds that he will throw a pick too.

brothervad

BradshawsHairdresser
12-20-2011, 01:33 AM
Ben may end up passing nearly 400 yards in this game (321 right now) and still get blown out.

Sure he may get the obligatory TD at the end to make it look closer but I imagine it's even odds that he will throw a pick too.

brothervad

Another example of stats not meaning a whole lot. Ben was the second best QB in the game tonight, and it wasn't even close. Though statistically (yards and first downs), we had the better offense and defense, the 49ers were by far better in both areas tonight. We were outcoached, too. Total team abortion. It was easy to see which team wanted it more.

It's not that I'm shocked that the Steelers lost...but I'm disappointed at how badly they got beaten.

Sugar
12-20-2011, 01:41 AM
We have not played well in prime-time this year. I don't know what it is, but that effort was rough to watch.

Slapstick
12-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Tomlin called it after the game...

"We played the game on their terms."

hawaiiansteel
12-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Steelers squander opportunity for home field

By Mark Kaboly and Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, December 21, 2011

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1382428/39398027E.jpg

Clinching a playoff spot while flying to San Francisco was the only highlight of the Steelers' cross-country trip.

A 20-3 loss to the 49ers on Monday dropped the Steelers into a first-place tie atop the AFC North with the Baltimore Ravens, who own the tiebreaker.

"It's a little frustrating, but we've still got two more games," Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley said.

If Baltimore wins its final two games, it captures the division title and leaves the Steelers with an unenviable path to the Super Bowl. The Steelers would do no better than the No. 5 seed, and they would play on the road in the first weekend of the postseason.

"We did have an opportunity to get (sole possession of) first place in the division, and we didn't do that," free safety Ryan Clark said. "We came to the West Coast and got our butts whipped, plain and simple. A team played better than we did, and you have to live with that. We have to fight for playoff positioning. The show goes on."

OFFICIATING QUESTIONS

Coach Mike Tomlin on Tuesday said he wasn't thrilled with the officiating, especially the leaping infraction called on Lawrence Timmons during a fourth-quarter field-goal attempt.

Timmons was called for using another player for leverage while trying to block David Akers' 28-yard field goal with 9:19 left. Two plays later, Frank Gore scored from five yards to make it 20-3.

Tomlin said he got an explanation for the call but, "I didn't get one that I was satisfied with."

Tomlin also didn't agree with a third-quarter call on Keenan Lewis for not allowing Kyle Williams to cleanly field a punt. Lewis recovered the fumble inside the 20-yard line.

"Another one that was questionable in my eyes, but not a reason we lost the game," Tomlin said.

Tomlin ended his weekly news conference after another question about penalties.

"Guys, I am not going to complain about the officiating or the penalties," he said. "We lost that game because we didn't execute well enough to win it."

INJURY UPDATE

Running back Mewelde Moore suffered an MCL sprain and won't play against the St. Louis Rams, but Rashard Mendenhall likely will be fine despite hurting his rib, Tomlin said.

Linebacker Chris Carter, center Maurkice Pouncey and receiver Emmanuel Sanders could return to action this week, and Tomlin thinks Woodley (hamstring) will be ready to play Saturday despite leaving Monday's game because of fatigue.

Given Moore's injury, rookie running back John Clay could be promoted from the practice squad.

CLOCK ISSUES

Tomlin admitted to using poor clock management at the end of the first half.

Ben Roethlisberger completed a pass to Moore with 36 seconds left. Instead of using the Steelers' final timeout, Roethlisberger ran another play a swing pass to Moore that resulted in minus-2 yards.

"I thought we had a pretty good play that could put us comfortably in field-goal range," Tomlin said. "We probably could've handled the situation better."

EXTRA POINTS

The Steelers added receiver Tyler Grisham to the practice squad three days after releasing him from the practice squad. ... Receiver Hines Ward still has 991 career receptions. The veteran receiver did not have a catch against the 49ers and was not even targeted. ... Mendenhall averaged 4.3 yards per carry against the 49ers, who have the No. 1 rush defense in the NFL and are yielding just 3.3 yards per carry. ... Receiver Antonio Brown needs 17 receiving yards to go over 1,000 for the season.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1h8v7taki (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_772948.html#ixzz1h8v7taki)

RuthlessBurgher
12-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Given Moore's injury, rookie running back John Clay could be promoted from the practice squad.

If we are looking for someone to fill the Mewelde role, I'd rather they activate 5'9" 198 lbs. RB Chad Spann from the P.S. than the 6'1" 248 lbs. RB John Clay.

Slapstick
12-21-2011, 01:36 PM
I think that Kaboly and Brown are mistaken...

First off, Moore's role is on 3rd downs and in the 2 minute offense...in either case, I wouldn't want Clay or Spann...I would want someone who knows the offense...

"Role" isn't the right word..."Game day roster spot" would be more appropriate...