PDA

View Full Version : Believe it or not PHI can win NFCE - not that unlikely

SteelAbility
12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
PHI still has

@DAL
WAS

PHI is playing very good ball since Vick came back. Here's how they get in ...

1. Win out (in the process beating DAL a 2nd time owning a tie-break over DAL)
2. NYJ beat the NYG (both teams fighting for playoff life, not too unlikely)
3. NYG beat DAL in week 17

PHI would win the division at 8-8. This might be good. They would come out with the 4-seed. Assuming the 3-seed wins their opener, and with the Eagles playing much better ball and winning their opener (against ATL probably), GB would be facing a surging PHI team in their home-opener.

JTP53609
12-18-2011, 11:28 PM
I would rather those bums not make it at all......I can't believe I am saying this but, I hope the cowboys win that division before philthy...

SteelAbility
12-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I would rather those bums not make it at all......I can't believe I am saying this but, I hope the cowboys win that division before philthy...

Who do you think has a better chance of knocking off GB - PHI or DAL?

Chadman
12-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Although not playing up to their ability- Philly are easily the 2nd best NFC team.

If they make the playoffs- they could beat GB.

JTP53609
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM
I am in the minority, but I think romo is a good qb, I think he can catch fire at any time against anyone, he is almost ben like in that he is hard to bring down (for his elusiveness) and I think they can put pressure on rodgers as good as anyone with ware and spencer on the edges. The eagles will not beat the packers even if they are 100%.
I hate the cowboys, and I hate the eagles, I will not cheer for either of those teams.

WindyCitySteel
12-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Although not playing up to their ability- Philly are easily the 2nd best NFC team.

If they make the playoffs- they could beat GB.

The Saints and Falcons disagree.

Chadman
12-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Philly have, roster-wise, far less holes than both the Saints & Falcons.

Scarletfire1970
12-19-2011, 12:39 AM
PHI still has

@DAL
WAS

PHI is playing very good ball since Vick came back. Here's how they get in ...

1. Win out (in the process beating DAL a 2nd time owning a tie-break over DAL)
2. NYJ beat the NYG (both teams fighting for playoff life, not too unlikely)
3. NYG beat DAL in week 17

PHI would win the division at 8-8. This might be good. They would come out with the 4-seed. Assuming the 3-seed wins their opener, and with the Eagles playing much better ball and winning their opener (against ATL probably), GB would be facing a surging PHI team in their home-opener.
Vick Sucks. Philly is winning because of their defense.

Scarletfire1970
12-19-2011, 12:41 AM
The Saints and Falcons have far better QBs and Philly would have to go on the road to play them.

RuthlessBurgher
12-19-2011, 12:44 AM
The Saints and Falcons have far better QBs and Philly would have to go on the road to play them.

If the Saints win the South, that would make the Falcons the #5 seed. The only way that Philly can make the playoffs is as the East champ at 8-8 (if the Giants and Cowboys are also 8-8), which would give them the #4 seed, and therefore hosting Atlanta in round 1.

SteelCrazy
12-19-2011, 01:01 AM
I don't want anyone knocking out the Packers. I want a rematch! What could be better?

DukieBoy
12-19-2011, 01:09 AM

This is very difficult to read.

DukieBoy
12-19-2011, 01:34 AM
BTW, what was Santonio smoking today? He had a hazy day.

hawaiiansteel
12-19-2011, 02:01 AM
BTW, what was Santonio smoking today? He had a hazy day.

Sanstonio has been forced to buy his buds elsewhere ever since Sam Hurd got busted in that sting operation. looks like Santokio just isn't used to waking n baking with the new stuff yet...

http://www.clubhousecancer.com/WindowsLiveWriter/SantonioWeedMonster.jpg

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-19-2011, 11:44 AM
The NFC East this year has become what the AFC West and NFC West have been for years. A mediocre division who will only send a team to the playoffs because the league mandates that one representative from each division will make the playoffs.

phillyesq
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM

I don't necessarily want to go that far, but living here, I'd like nothing more than to see the Eagles fail to make the playoffs. Once the eagles make the playoffs, there is the chance that the unthinkable will happen, and I would likely have to move if that did.

Eagles fans are the worst in professional sports, or close to it. I'd love to see them never experience a SB victory.