PDA

View Full Version : I'm liking the effort from Carolina so far

SteelAbility
12-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Looks like they are playing hard to win. Pathers win here would be really big.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-18-2011, 02:54 PM
panthers win helps baltimore more than us doesn't it?

I would rather houston get the 1 seed.

SteelAbility
12-18-2011, 03:09 PM

Believe it or not, if HOU/PIT/NE all finish 13-3 (with Baltimore finishing 12-4) the Steelers get the #3 seed despite beating NE head-to-head. If three teams finish with tied records, head-to-head tie-break applies only if all three teams mutually played each other. Since HOU/NE never played, the head-to-head over NE goes out the window and the Steelers would get #3 based on conference record. That would SUCK!

If HOU loses today, BAL drops one and we win out, then PIT gets the 1-seed.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-18-2011, 03:12 PM
huh.

works for me.

still think we get the 5, but I like your scenario a lot better.

SteelBucks
12-18-2011, 03:16 PM
21-0 now. Very good news.

SteelAbility
12-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Carolina is playing like they want it. Nice trickeration to get their last TD.

SteelBucks
12-18-2011, 03:24 PM

If HOU loses today, BAL drops one and we win out, then PIT gets the 1-seed.

You're correct. Steelers would get the tie breaker (head to head) over the Pats.

hawaiiansteel
12-18-2011, 04:22 PM
and Indianapolis looks like they may win their first game of the season and get that monkey off their backs...

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/24/128693783202924690.jpg

SteelBucks
12-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Carolina has gone turtle and Houston is beginning to play better. 21-13 early in the 4th.

SteelBucks
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Carolina answers...28-13. Under 10 minutes left.

SteelBucks
12-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Anyone watching Chiefs/Packers? 19-7 Chiefs. Under 5 minutes left.

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Anyone watching Chiefs/Packers? 19-7 Chiefs. Under 5 minutes left.

Red Zone Channel here...lots of surprising games here. Chiefs/Packers, Panthers/Texans, Colts/Titans...it's been fun rooting for underdogs today.

SteelBucks
12-18-2011, 05:01 PM
The Ticket pays off on days like this. Houston loses, 28-13.

SteelBucks
12-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Packers lose to the Chiefs. Indy beats Tennessee. Steelers clinch a playoff birth! :tt2

SteelAbility
12-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Packers lose to the Chiefs. Indy beats Tennessee. Steelers clinch a playoff birth! :tt2

A NE loss, a BAL loss and a PIT win would make for one week of insane football nirvana.

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2011, 05:16 PM

A NE loss, a BAL loss and a PIT win would make for one week of insane football nirvana.

At this point, a NE loss (while certainly nice) wouldn't be necessary (I can't imagine the Tebow hype if that were to actually happen), because we have head-to-head tiebreaker with them. A single Baltimore loss at this point means that we control our own destiny with regard to the top overall seed in the AFC...if Baltimore loses any of their remaining 3 games, we just need to win out against SF, STL and CLE in order to clinch homefield advantage throughout. Big difference from a wildcard berth and needing to be playoff road warriors once again.

SteelBucks
12-18-2011, 05:23 PM

At this point, a NE loss (while certainly nice) wouldn't be necessary (I can't imagine the Tebow hype if that were to actually happen), because we have head-to-head tiebreaker with them. A single Baltimore loss at this point means that we control our own destiny with regard to the top overall seed in the AFC...if Baltimore loses any of their remaining 3 games, we just need to win out against SF, STL and CLE in order to clinch homefield advantage throughout. Big difference from a wildcard berth and needing to be playoff road warriors once again.

But it's always fun watching the Pats lose. 6-0 Broncos.

SteelAbility
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM

Not from the perspective of Steelers getting the 1-seed, but from the perspective of NE being denied a 2-seed, it would go a long way. HOU just lost to an NFC opponent. If NE loses to DEN today, then they fall behind HOU on conference record. :D

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2011, 05:47 PM

But it's always fun watching the Pats lose. 6-0 Broncos.

Saw the Tebow TD run to make it 6-0, but wasn't paying attention for the PAT attempt. What happened there? It's 13-7 Denver now (should have had an INT on a pass to Gronkowski).