PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Willis May Be Out....

Jooser
12-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Pretty significant news, perhaps all hope is not lost. This could be good news for the running game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/18/patrick-willis-looks-unlikely-to-play-monday-night/

Patrick Willis unlikely to play Monday night

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 18, 2011, 9:01 AM EST

AP
The Steelers probably wonít be the only team missing a key linebacker on Monday night.

Patrick Willis didnít practice all week for the 49ers because of the hamstring injury he suffered two Sunday ago. While Willis is listed as questionable, a league source tells PFTís Mike Florio that Willis is doubtful to play.

49ers starting tackle Joe Staley is more likely to suit up. He didnít practice fully all week after suffering a concussion, but he told Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee that he should be cleared for contact Sunday.

Staley did practice Saturday with the first team offense.

ďIíve been passing all the steps, doing well. Itís still in the doctorís hands. I have no real say in this. Itís all protocol,Ē Staley said.

Wideout Braylon Edwards is expected to play despite being listed as questionable.

jj28west
12-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks for sharing Jooser.

hawaiiansteel
12-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Patrick Willis is a human tackling machine and one of the main reasons the 49ers have yet to allow a rushing TD so far this season.

I think he should sit out and rest his hamstring... :D

steelblood
12-18-2011, 09:49 PM
I thought Willis had been out for a few weeks. I think the defense played pretty well without him.

Sugar
12-18-2011, 09:53 PM
So, both teams are without their Defensive aces. This makes me feel a little better, though I am sorry to see Willis out with an injury.

WindyCitySteel
12-19-2011, 12:08 AM
am sorry to see Willis out with an injury.

I'm not. It makes me happy that our opponent is weakened.

Sugar
12-19-2011, 12:19 AM

I'd rather beat them at full strength! :Cheers

Starlifter
12-19-2011, 12:26 AM

Screw that! As we say in spec ops - if you find yourself in a fair fight, it's because your tactics suck....... :D

DukieBoy
12-19-2011, 12:37 AM

Screw that! As we say in spec ops - if you find yourself in a fair fight, it's because your tactics suck....... :D

Let Willis heal for the NFC playoffs. Maybe they can take out GB or NO.

Jooser
12-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Considering we're down Pouncey and SB, I think the fact that Willis won't play is a good thing that I won't complain about. Screw all that beat 'em at 100% crap, let's make Baltiwhore and the *'s come through the Burgh in January.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Sugar
12-19-2011, 10:30 AM
While I know it's part of the game, I don't want to see any player out because of injury. This isn't warfare, it's a ballgame.

WindyCitySteel
12-19-2011, 10:33 AM

But we're not at full strength. If we have one hand tied behind our back, I want them to as well.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-19-2011, 12:04 PM

But we're not at full strength. If we have one hand tied behind our back, I want them to as well.

When Indy won SB XLI did you here anyone say "but that was because Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a car accident and was not at full capacity that year"?

When Green Bay beat us last year I heard them say that they won despite so many injuries, but did anyone say that they were fortunate that Troy, Pouncey, Ben, both our offensive tackles, Aaron Smith, Deebo etc. were either unable to play or playing seriously injured?

This is football, we all have our ailments - you put your bodies on the field, I put my bodies on the field and the last one standing wins.

fordfixer
12-20-2011, 02:24 AM
It was a good thing he was out or they may have killed Ben :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger