PDA

View Full Version : If you can't get up for this game...

JDSteeler
12-16-2011, 10:54 AM
...you might not have a pulse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Thread me some of your BEST YELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRRRRROOOOOOTHING at the mouth like a crazed dog!!!

JD

flippy
12-16-2011, 11:01 AM
BANZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIII!!! !!!!!!!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
12-16-2011, 11:05 AM
http://the-frat-pack.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/perform-carell-40yov.jpg

KELLY CLARKSON!!!

steelblood
12-16-2011, 11:14 AM
http://news.keuka.edu/files/2010/01/384_Park_Shh_2.jpg

Mister Pittsburgh
12-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Tough to get super pumped for a game when Charlie Batch is your QB, you are facing the #1 run defense in the league, and you really don't have much of a running game to begin with. I envision almost every drive being 3 and out. What a surprise, the season rides on our defenses backs, yet again.

fezziwig
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Our defense is going to have to take control of this game and put some points up to help our offense if Ben can't go.

Having said that, this is when the Steelers surprise me and play lights out on both sides of the ball.

WindyCitySteel
12-16-2011, 01:46 PM
SF is leading the league in turnover ratio at +21 and covers kicks well, too. They're a fundamentally sound team that won't beat itself.

It's going to take a miracle to win this one. Don't get your hopes up. I almost hope Baltimore wins so we don't feel the need to risk injured players. A loss will suck, but not as badly as a loss + Ben/Pouncey/Troy lost for the year.

Steelers>NFL
12-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Tough to get super pumped for a game when Charlie Batch is your QB, you are facing the #1 run defense in the league, and you really don't have much of a running game to begin with. I envision almost every drive being 3 and out. What a surprise, the season rides on our defenses backs, yet again.

X2

feltdizz
12-16-2011, 02:27 PM
I remember the Ben suspension and everyone said the same thing... 0-4, how can we win without Ben.

Quite crying people...

Ben will probably play and if he doesn't we will find another way to win...

It's what we do...

fezziwig
12-16-2011, 03:23 PM
I remember the Ben suspension and everyone said the same thing... 0-4, how can we win without Ben.

Quite crying people...

It's what we do...

I keep going back to those thoughts you have too that, all is not lost and we still have a pretty good team.

Sugar
12-16-2011, 03:37 PM

Quite crying people...

It's what we do...

I can appreciate the opimistic sentiment. However, with a gimpy Troy, Pouncey and Woodley and no Deebo this isn't exactly the same thing. It's not all about Ben.

However, when you are playing one of the better teams in the league without your playmakers it is cause for concern. It doesn't mean I'm not pulling for the boys to win it. I just don't expect it, that's all.

feltdizz
12-16-2011, 03:41 PM

Quite crying people...

It's what we do...

I can appreciate the opimistic sentiment. However, with a gimpy Troy, Pouncey and Woodley and no Deebo this isn't exactly the same thing. It's not all about Ben.

However, when you are playing one of the better teams in the league without your playmakers it is cause for concern. It doesn't mean I'm not pulling for the boys to win it. I just don't expect it, that's all.

We will see if the 49ers are one of the better teams on Monday.

AZ beat them recently so who knows if they are as good as their 9-1 start.

Steelgal
12-16-2011, 03:53 PM

Yes, they have the 2nd best record in the NFC and are to be respected. But like with the Broncos, the defense is the reason they're so good. Alex Smith is average, at best, just like Tebow. Both teams are in a very weak division as well. As long as we can put up 21 points, I think we win.

Steelers>NFL
12-16-2011, 04:11 PM

Yes, they have the 2nd best record in the NFC and are to be respected. But like with the Broncos, the defense is the reason they're so good. Alex Smith is average, at best, just like Tebow. Both teams are in a very weak division as well. As long as we can put up 21 points, I think we win.

They can barely put 21 pts on the board with Ben. How can we expect Batch to do this?

flippy
12-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Is there anyone besides me that just doesn't think SF is that good?

RuthlessBurgher
12-16-2011, 05:00 PM

Quite crying people...

It's what we do...

All teams are gimpy come December.

All-World ILB Patrick Willis did not practice yesterday (hamstring).
Starting LT Joe Staley did not practice yesterday (concussion).
Starting WR Braylon Edwards was limited in practice yesterday (knee).
Starting FB Bruce Miller was limited in practice yesterday (knee).

The Niners ain't exactly the picture of perfect health at this moment either.

fezziwig
12-16-2011, 05:06 PM

I'm going back to the saying, they're as good as their record. They gave the Ravens a good fight but lost and then they stunk it up againts the Cardinals. I think they're like any other team with their positives and negatives.
As long as we don't give up cheap plays or turn the ball over we should do well.

I don't see their QB doing much damage on us and if we get a couple guys that can stop their running game we'll, be fine.

No matter what happens I'm not going to enjoy the talking heads the following day. The media will crown them kings if they beat us and if they lose will get an honorable mention. Not that I need their praise or their words matter I, just get tired of the media trying to create a frenzy over any particular team or player.

If the Steelers are as good as we know they could be we, will beat them.

JDSteeler
12-17-2011, 01:03 PM

I AGREE with you Flippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Whiners haven"t WON, let alone, been in a Big, Huge, Monday Nite
Spot-Light for over a freaking decade!!!

They've been riding their little, weenie regular-season bicycle with Training-Wheels...
and you can see the wheels are starting to whobble...

I think the friggin wheels FALL ALL THE WAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anybody mention that Gore aint 100%, with a knee/ankle, and Willis is
gimpy, at best, with his own Hammy!!!!

If the Steelers D can make the Whiners one-dimentional, and make Alex have to
throw...IT'S OVER!!!

I believe Ben will play, and the First Play of the game will be a...FRIGGIN BOMB TO
WALLACE!!!!

T - FRIGGIN - D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then Ben will give it to Mendy, and RED...hopefully more RED, than Mendy...throw quick slants, dump offs, bubble screens, reverses, and use a big dose of Heath Miller in the middle of the field, similar to Pats* game. This way the rush doesnt have a chance to
get to him...

LeBeau has had 10-days to game-plan for the Sinking Ship known as the Whiners
Offense.

The Steelers D will be on PUMMELATION mode all friggin night!!!!

Alex Smith is still Alex Smith!!!!!!!!!!!

He will Turn the Ball Over, one way or the other...

That will leave a short field for the offense to score TD's!!!!!!!!

My final score....is.....

Steeeeeeelers 24 Whiners 7!!!

JD

MaxAMillion
12-17-2011, 07:48 PM
I don't know many teams who could go to SF and win with their third string QB.

fezziwig
12-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Texans are doing a good job getting the job done with a young QB. Many teams would have fallen apart, I give them a lot of credit.