PDA

View Full Version : Kemo is benched

WindyCitySteel
12-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Thank God.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_772272.html

RuthlessBurgher
12-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Dude went from starter to 3rd string LG, and he has none of Tomlin's desired positional flexibilty either (every other player on our line could either play guard and tackle or guard and center in a pinch, except for Kemo). The 99.99% chance he gets cut the day after our season ends has now increased by 0.01%.

fezziwig
12-16-2011, 11:41 AM
At the start of his career I thought or hoped he would get better but I can see it isn't going to happen. The guy peaked and his Zenith was an up and down performance and now it's been all down hill.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-16-2011, 12:34 PM
I hate to ask, but why is his nickname "Juicy"?

phillyesq
12-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Dude went from starter to 3rd string LG, and he has none of Tomlin's desired positional flexibilty either (every other player on our line could either play guard and tackle or guard and center in a pinch, except for Kemo). The 99.99% chance he gets cut the day after our season ends has now increased by 0.01%.

I would say that there is at least a 2% chance that he does not get cut the day after the season ends. The Steelers may want to wait until June 1 to spread out the cap hit. :D

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Wow...I'm more worried about the fact that Essex is our best option. You mean to tell me Meredith or C Scott haven't shown enough in practice to get a shot? 14 weeks in???? Essex looks better than both of them? It can't be the PS curse...The Steelers have "dump" guys on this 53 in Ivy & Cromartie-Smith...To get C Scott up. If Meredith can play G at this level you would think LG would be his best spot. I really would love to see what these guys look like at practice because if you are telling me Essex is the best option at this point...With only 3 weeks left...What the hell are they doing on the roster? Meredith - Scott would be less productive than Essex? Are they worried about them missing an asignment? Let's do the math. 2-3 blown assignments < Essex getting beat 6-8 times. What's that smell? We just went from poop to $hit. Maybe if Essex came out of his stance now and tried to pull on Counter 34 Pike he could make it there before monday night.

Look! A Jamon Meredith sighting!

fezziwig
12-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Why does it seem we are not developing o-linemen ? To me it seemed like an area that never was a problem until the Ben era.

grotonsteel
12-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Why does it seem we are not developing o-linemen ? To me it seemed like an area that never was a problem until the Ben era.

When you stop drafting O-lineman in early Rds you are more likely going to get turds.

The best O-lineman for Steelers are drafted in 1st-Pouncey/2nd-Gilbert/3rd-Max

I believe Steelers O-line will be fixed once Colon Returns.

Starks-Legs-Pouncey-Colon-Gilbert
Foster-OT/OG(2nd or 3rd Rd)-J Scott

fezziwig
12-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I wonder if Colon is now at the point where injuries wil be the norm for him ? Max recovered pretty well so, maybe it's been a fluke with Colon going out two seasons in a row ?