PDA

View Full Version : Updated - Steelers Playoff Scenarios

Slapstick
12-16-2011, 09:49 AM
#1 Pittsburgh wins or ties @ San Francisco

Furthermore, the Steelers can clinch before they even set foot on the field in San Fran...

#2 Denver loses @ New England

or

#3 Oakland loses or ties @ Detroit

or

#4 NY Jets lose @ Philadelphia

or

#5 Tennessee loses or ties @ Indianapolis

IIRC, these are all "OR" scenarios...at this point, there are no longer "AND" scenarios that require multiple losses from multiple teams...

WindyCitySteel
12-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Pretty safe bet that we're in before taking the field.

Ghost
12-16-2011, 06:25 PM
I think the Pats are going to beat Denver. Brady is not happy with the attenton TT is getting and he's going to get after it. He doesn't want to lose to some upstart kid.

Discipline of Steel
12-16-2011, 07:13 PM
I think the following scenario will play out before we step on the field:

NE will lose to Den

Balt will lose to SD

Hou will lose to Car

Thus setting the stage for our guys to sieze control of the #1 seed with two weeks to go. :tt1

papillon
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM

NE will lose to Den

Balt will lose to SD

Hou will lose to Car

Thus setting the stage for our guys to sieze control of the #1 seed with two weeks to go. :tt1

The Steelers only need Baltimore and Houston to lose, they own the tie breaker over New England due to head to head. Although, there's nothing wrong with New England losing.

Pappy

Pappy

sd steel
12-16-2011, 07:47 PM

NE will lose to Den

Balt will lose to SD

Hou will lose to Car

The Steelers only need Baltimore and Houston to lose, they own the tie breaker over New England due to head to head. Although, there's nothing wrong with New England losing.

Pappy

Pappy
The only problem with the Pats** losing is then the Chargers have nothing to play for because they would be eliminated from the playoffs before they take the field Sunday night vs Baltimore.

I hate to say it but I'm rooting for the Pats** and the Chagers and that has never happened.

Discipline of Steel
12-16-2011, 10:36 PM
[quote="Discipline of Steel":jirs1pda]I think the following scenario will play out before we step on the field:

NE will lose to Den

Balt will lose to SD

Hou will lose to Car

Pappy

Pappy
The only problem with the Pats** losing is then the Chargers have nothing to play for because they would be eliminated from the playoffs before they take the field Sunday night vs Baltimore.

I hate to say it but I'm rooting for the Pats** and the Chagers and that has never happened.[/quote:jirs1pda]

You pose a convincing arguement. If Im putting my distaste for P Rivers on hold for a week, i guess i can lean towards a Pats*** win too. I guess Steeler fans have reason to smile no matter how that game turns out :D

Keyplay1
12-18-2011, 10:59 AM

NE will lose to Den

Balt will lose to SD

Hou will lose to Car

These would be the perfect results for the Steelers. And they have a darn good chance of happening. I'm still a little PO'd how Cinci blew that game last week and now I think the Texans are the #1 seed. The only scenario however that I am pretty sure about though is if the Steelers win any 1 more game they clinch the 5th seed.

What I thought would be more fun though was trying to figure out how the Steelers could miss the PO's. And I think there is a way. They end up 10-6. Denver ends up 10-6 and Oakland ends up 10-6. If the Denver loss is to KC in week 17 Oakland would win the AFC West. They split but Oak would be 4-2 in the div and Den 3-3.

Now the Jets are 11-5 and the other 2 teams that could possibly win 10 games Cin and Ten do not.

The 6th seed is between Pit and Den. Head to Head is out. Both will be 8-4 in the conference. Does anyone want to pursue these tie breaker possiblities any further. I didn't think so. Neither do I. Uhh! I think I'll settle for sweeping the final 3 and really think there is a good chance to be seed #1.

But it looks like it's going to have to be done without Ben playing Monday. The Steelers will probably have to take the 2008 Pittsburgh at Tennessee game out of the bottle and use it Monday. That was for me one of the Steelers all time great efforts.