PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu questionable with hammy

WindyCitySteel
12-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Are we really going to risk the rest of the season by chancing it with Ben, Pouncey, Woodley, and Troy? God, I hope not, and these are all injuries that routinely get aggravated by playing too soon. This is a relatively meaningless game. We've got the 5th seed all but locked and about a 2% chance at the division title.

Sit them, and run the ball 60 times. Hope to win a 6-3 game and tell Goodell and the talking heads to fist themselves if they don't like the style.

http://postgazette.com/pg/11348/1196620-66.stm

pittpete
12-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Sit them, and run the ball 60 times.

Do this and get ready for 20: 3 and outs

WindyCitySteel
12-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Put Dixon at QB and let him run every play. If they hit him, penalty. Maybe a fine.

flippy
12-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Make Dixon and Charlie run and lead with their heads to ensure they get cracked in the helmet.

snarky
12-14-2011, 12:07 PM
What happens if the bolts pull off the upset against the Ravens on Sunday? At that point, don't we pretty much have to go all in to beat the niners?

SteelBucks
12-14-2011, 12:09 PM
What happens if the bolts pull off the upset against the Ravens on Sunday? At that point, don't we pretty much have to go all in to beat the niners?

Absolutely.

flippy
12-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Lots of players out means more experience for the backups leading up to the playoffs.

We'll win this game no matter who we have on the field.

Next man up. Have confidence!!!!

Slapstick
12-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Didn't we win every game where Timmons played for Harrison?

Hasn't Worilds played well in relief of Woodley?

Even Mundy stepped up his game this year when Troy went out...

papillon
12-14-2011, 12:35 PM
The Steelers haven't played without Ben this year; he's the key to Monday night and every game after that until he retires. The Steelers would be mediocre with Batch or Dixon as the full time starter.

Pappy

snarky
12-14-2011, 12:40 PM
The Steelers haven't played without Ben this year; he's the key to Monday night and every game after that until he retires. The Steelers would be mediocre with Batch or Dixon as the full time starter.

Pappy

I think we are capable of winning a game here and there with Dixon (Batch looked awful against the Browns). But over the course of a season (or even a long stretch of games) neither Dixon nor Batch would be effective.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-14-2011, 01:15 PM
I would would of had Dixon take all the first team snaps and actually create a gameplan adapted to his skill set which would be lots of shotgun and bootlegs. I just don't see Ben playing the next month and a half or two months on a bum ankle without giving it proper time to heal so would rather give it time to heal before the playoff run.

I think with Dixon at QB and the proper gameplans we could beat these final 3 teams.

steelz09
12-14-2011, 01:29 PM

Timmons is an absolutey non-factor at OLB. Keep him inside. I don't care if you have to put Foote or Chris Carter in Harrison spot... just not Timmons. When you move Timmons outside, it's like losing Harrison and Timmons for the game.... Harrison because of suspension and Timmons because he can't play OLB and be effective.

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2011, 01:32 PM

Timmons is an absolutey non-factor at OLB. Keep him inside. I don't care if you have to put Foote or Chris Carter in Harrison spot... just not Timmons. When you move Timmons outside, it's like losing Harrison and Timmons for the game.... Harrison because of suspension and Timmons because he can't play OLB and be effective.

:Agree

SteelBucks
12-14-2011, 02:52 PM

+1

WindyCitySteel
12-14-2011, 03:13 PM

+1

-2 + 3

Slapstick
12-14-2011, 03:52 PM
There is a difference between being effective and making sacks and splash plays...

Timmons was effective at ROLB in that he executed his assignment and was where he was supposed to be...

Sometimes, that's your only option...I don't know that Chris Carter can be trusted to do that at this point...

steelz09
12-14-2011, 07:34 PM
He wasn't effective at all... and for the record, he isn't making ANY splash plays regardless at ILB/OLB (see below).

Why would you significantly downgrade 2 positions this week when you could downgrade just 1? Keep Timmons where he's best and most comfortable... ILB.

He had 7 total solo tackles in 4 games at OLB.

In the last 3 games at ILB, he has a total of 18 solo tackles at ILB. That's one less game at ILB and he has close to 5 times more tackles.

btw -- Do you know that Timmons has 1 INT and *** ZERO *** sacks this year.

Flasteel
12-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Are we really going to risk the rest of the season by chancing it with Ben, Pouncey, Woodley, and Troy? God, I hope not, and these are all injuries that routinely get aggravated by playing too soon. This is a relatively meaningless game. We've got the 5th seed all but locked and about a 2% chance at the division title.

Sit them, and run the ball 60 times. Hope to win a 6-3 game and tell Goodell and the talking heads to fist themselves if they don't like the style.

http://postgazette.com/pg/11348/1196620-66.stm

Relatively meaningless game?

No way...it's all hands on deck!

We have to win out if we want a shot at the bye or home-field advantage and this is easily the toughest game left on the schedule. If any man can suit-up and contribute, then they need to get out there. If we wind up having a comfortable lead, then we can start to sit banged-up players.