PDA

View Full Version : Could Harrison Suspension Help Us?

flippy
12-13-2011, 03:29 PM
A little more rest for the back.

A little more PT for the backup LBs.

Getting us prepared for the playoff run.

We might not get a week off. And this might re-energize Harrison for the run.

Plus it might make him a little meaner.

papillon
12-13-2011, 04:03 PM
It's never good when James Harrison isn't on the field. He plays with a high motor rate and forces other players to do the same or they look like they are slackers. I'd rather he play, his back seems to be fine based on his recent play.

Pappy

Leper Friend
12-13-2011, 04:09 PM
There is nothing good about this.

The one thing that noone is touching on that concerns me the most is what happens from here ?

What if the NFL gets as ticky tack as they were last year the last 2 games after harrison is back ?

They've set the bar. Another personal foul and he's suspended for the playoffs. They have to right ? They can't go back to just fining him.

Something tells me that's exactly what the NFL wants. A little payback from the offseason Harrison article.

ter1230_4
12-13-2011, 04:30 PM
I think that it is now circle the wagons time for our Pittsburgh Steelers, and that is when they are at their most dangerous. When everyone is healthy and things look great, the Steelers inevitably disappoint. When their backs are against the wall, like they are this week, they come out fighting. Frankly, I wouldn't want to be the 49ers on monday night.

Sugar
12-13-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't see how this is good. This probably means a loss to SF with Pouncey, Ben and Woodley all injured. Though Ben and Maurkice will probably play, they won't be 100%. We can expect a healthy dose of Gore and not having our best LB's doesn't bode well, IMO.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't see how this is good. This probably means a loss to SF with Pouncey, Ben and Woodley all injured. Though Ben and Maurkice will probably play, they won't be 100%. We can expect a healthy dose of Gore and not having our best LB's doesn't bode well, IMO.
:Agree

snarky
12-13-2011, 04:59 PM
If we beat SF, then OK there is a silver lining (not that it's good). But there are two things which cannot be avoided:

1) Woodley possibly playing more than the trainers would like in order to cover for JH's absence
2) As mentioned above, more server punishment is likely if/when Harrison gets a league review.

SteelCrazy
12-13-2011, 06:14 PM
I know what you mean flippy.......I think with an appeal he plays in San Fran and we really dont need him in the last 2 games, so rest would be good for him. I also think he comes back with a huge chip on his pads

feltdizz
12-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I think that it is now circle the wagons time for our Pittsburgh Steelers, and that is when they are at their most dangerous. When everyone is healthy and things look great, the Steelers inevitably disappoint. When their backs are against the wall, like they are this week, they come out fighting. Frankly, I wouldn't want to be the 49ers on monday night.
This right here^^^

When we are at our worst we play with a sense of urgency and guys get after it. When we are healthy and favored we tend to stink the place up. It won't be pretty but we should win in a low scoring affair.

SF just lost to AZ and while they may have a sense of urgency it looks like they may be falling back to earth as well.

Once Harrison returns I definitely could see him getting another suspension if a guy curls up and he blast a guy and helmets touch

Shoe
12-14-2011, 01:12 AM
It's not good.
The back needs no rest, if his recent play is any indication. (It already would've got ten days anyway.)
The only possile "help" would be for Worilds, who would get another start under his belt.

fordfixer
12-14-2011, 01:38 AM
No thanks for asking

SteelBucks
12-14-2011, 08:10 AM
I know what you mean flippy.......I think with an appeal he plays in San Fran and we really dont need him in the last 2 games, so rest would be good for him. I also think he comes back with a huge chip on his pads

His appeal will be ruled on before the SF game.

ikestops85
12-14-2011, 10:34 AM

His appeal will be ruled on before the SF game.

Yes, but then there is talk that he goes the legal route much like the Williams boys did for their performance enhancing drug positive test.