PDA

View Full Version : I BLAME ROONEY TOO

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Where is the Steeler media machine sticking up for Harrison?

I also am so upset that I can't really type so good right now.

papillon
12-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Where is the Steeler media machine sticking up for Harrison?

I also am so upset that I can't really type so good right now.

The Steelers never handle their business in the media.

Pappy

Oviedo
12-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Rooney is one of those who will get sued by former players claiming debilitating injuries were incurred while playing. That is why all the owners are silent on this matter and supportive of what the league is doing whether they really want it or not.

It's about litigation plain and simple not a conspiracy by a temporary occupant of the Commissioner's Office.

Dee Dub
12-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Rooney is one of those who will get sued by former players claiming debilitating injuries were incurred while playing. That is why all the owners are silent on this matter and supportive of what the league is doing whether they really want it or not.

It's about litigation plain and simple not a conspiracy by a temporary occupant of the Commissioner's Office.

Has anyone ever won one of these cases?

:idea:

Discipline of Steel
12-13-2011, 07:08 PM
http://claimsadvisor.com/articles/more- ... -the-bang/ (http://claimsadvisor.com/articles/more-buck-for-the-bang/)

This article sheds a little light on the reason for overemphasis on head injuries.

Is there really any way to prevent injury? The game as we know it is spiralling down the tube.

fezziwig
12-13-2011, 07:26 PM
go back to leather helmets if the nfl is so concerned. i once heard there were less head unjuries with the leathers.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-13-2011, 07:41 PM
The NFL doesn't really care about player safety. There are better helmets out there if they wanted to use them. If the NFL really cared about player safety, they would have suspended Shurmur and/or other responsible members of his staff for letting McCoy go back in without proper evaluation. Why is it a crime to hit some players H2H, but not other players? Why is Richard Seymour allowed to go on punching players after the whistle blows (3 time in the past two years, by my count)?

Player safety my ar$$e.

flippy
12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Sometimes we have to remember Goddell is the puppet of the owners.

Rooney probably wants James suspended to protect James from James. The worst part of the helmet to helmet is it can impact the guy delivering the blow just as much.

What's with using the crown of the helmet? At what level do they start teaching that. I always remember my coaches in high school reminding us to look at what you're tackling for safety. And they made us wear helmets so tight it felt like your head wanted to explode. Seriously if my helmet ever came off during a hit, my head and neck was coming with it. I don't get how these guys get away with lose helmets.

And they have to know hitting leading with their head is going to lead to injuries, right?

fezziwig
12-13-2011, 08:47 PM
We had a banner above the exit door of our football locker room that read, " See whom you hit " or something to that affect. We were never coached to use our helmets as a weapon but I remember guys doing it. Far as I remember the guys using their helmets as weapons were the ones that seemed to be worse for wear after the play. It was always the litle guys too on our team doing that type of play but, maybe they had to, to make up for lack of size.

Of all the years I played pop warner, jr.high, high school football I remember only one kid scrambling his brains and he ran into the goal post.

Oviedo
12-13-2011, 09:04 PM

Has anyone ever won one of these cases?

:idea:

The tobacco industry lost billions because morons were stupid enough to smoke. Juries usually go against the deep pockets.