PDA

View Full Version : Where is the talk on the non call on the ILLEGAL HIT TO BEN?

Mister Pittsburgh
12-13-2011, 01:30 PM
So the NFL and its media whores have all gotten what they wanted and James Harrison is now suspended for one game pending him fighting it which we all know is worthless for him to do as they won't overturn it.

BUT, Where is the talk of the cheap shot on Ben that caused his injury? At the 1:35 mark of this video clip you can clearly see the defender dive toward Ben's knee with first contact coming from the defenders hand clamping onto Ben's leg at the knee. The defender then flies into Ben's legs cause Ben to fall down and the defender roll overtop of his lower leg and not allow the ankle to rotate with Ben's leg.

Here is the video to watch for yourself....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... highlights (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824e035d/GameDay-Browns-vs-Steelers-highlights)

Here is the 'carson palmer rule'....

During the off-season, the NFL Rules Committee modified the rule regarding low hits on quarterbacks, prohibiting defenders from hitting a passer at or below the knee unless they are blocked into him. Injuries to Palmer, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and then-Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Brian Griese (now with the Chicago Bears) were cited as reasons for the new rule. The so-called "Kimo Rule", also known as the "Carson Palmer Rule", [1] now requires that defenders take every opportunity to avoid hitting a quarterback at or below the knees when the quarterback is in a defenseless position looking to throw with both feet on the ground.

So Ben is standing there, both feet planted, and the defender is NOT blocked into him but rather dives at him, grabs his knee buckling Ben and causing him to fall, as the defender then lands on top of his leg twisting his ankle up under the defenders body.

HOW IS THIS NOT A PENALTY, AND ISN'T IT ABOUT TIME THE STEELERS MAKE AN F'N LOWLIGHT FILM TO SEND TO GOODELL REQUESTION AN EXPLANATION AS TO
A) WHY THE REFS DID NOT CALL PENALTIES ON CLEAR INFRACTIONS AND
B) IF ALL PLAYS ARE REVIEWED WHY THERE WERE NO FINES EVEN IF THE REFS MISS THE CALL?????????

GROW A SET ROONEY'S AND STAND UP FOR YOUR TEAM. On the Clark hit not only do you not stand up for Clark, or your head coach, you then feel the need to have your coach publicly called to the principals office to be educated.

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2011, 01:35 PM
He was also hit low (looked like the Bernard Pollard-on-Tom Brady hit from a few years ago) in the second half after the miraculous comeback from injury, and was clubbed in the helmet as well. No calls.

drprwnap
12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
There is no such thing as an illegal hit TO a Steeler player. The only illegal hits are FROM Steeler players.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Then the Rooney's have no balls at all. I am sorry but sitting idly by while your team gets crucified is ridiculous when you easily could put together a highight reel of plays breaking down in slow motion your players taking cheap shots with no calls. Make a video and release that to the media, espn, the local news, and send 5 copies to the cross dressing ginger, big rog. Maybe they will look a little closer at what is going on cause they certainly would really have to try to look any further away when our players are taking dirty hits.

The hit on Ben was so blatant! Jeez.

snarky
12-13-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm upset about the suspension (and the league's apparent habit of ignoring it when Ben takes a blow to the head), but looking at the video, it looks like the hit is above the knee (not that it might not be called if another QB took the hit).

Mister Pittsburgh
12-13-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't know....I watched the video a few times and if you watch the defenders hand it hits Ben directly in the knee prior to impact.

feltdizz
12-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I know people are angry but it gets a little corny hearing people bash the Steelers for this...

We tell our guys to hit the way they were taught, who cares if we lose Harrison for a game. We will still kick azzz.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-13-2011, 01:55 PM
I know people are angry but it gets a little corny hearing people bash the Steelers for this...

We tell our guys to hit the way they were taught, who cares if we lose Harrison for a game. We will still kick azzz.

I agree. So, are we battling the 49ers with Woodley at LOLB and Worilds now shifting over to ROLB? I DO NOT want Timmons shifting back outside.

papillon
12-13-2011, 02:12 PM

I agree. So, are we battling the 49ers with Woodley at LOLB and Worilds now shifting over to ROLB? I DO NOT want Timmons shifting back outside.

Is Woodley a go for the San Fran game? That would be a huge boost to the defense; otherwise, it's Worilds and ??? on the outside? Maybe, they try Kiesel at OLB and let Heyward take the snaps at DE. I believe there was a year where Kiesel played a little OLB.

Pappy

Mister Pittsburgh
12-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Woodley is listed as probable for the game so I reckon he is good to go.

skyhawk
12-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Woodley is listed as probable for the game so I reckon he is good to go.

He will play a series then sit the rest of the game like he did the last time he was cleared.

grotonsteel
12-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Ben tops hate-list of bADall.

I really hope when Ben retires he writes tell-all book and expose this crook called BADall.